Ebou Adams - Joined on loan until end of the season

7 hours ago, Magicman said:

Sibley is a LWB no chance in a 3 man midfield.

I do think he could play the 8 role, is similar to being a 10 with a bit more defensive responsibility.

sibleys main issue at 10 seems to be getting involved in games. Has quality on the ball and gets shots off.

agree he looks good at wing back though. And learning another new position probably not ideal at this stage in his career.

2 hours ago, alram said:

i wouldnt be paying a fee for anybody over 25. He did very well for us but i dont think hes experienced enough at the championship level to justify paying a fee. Another loan then i would snatch your hand off.

But we'd quite likely have to pay a loan fee anyway - smaller for sure, but loans aren't free. If we can get him for £300k with small add-ons I'd take the gamble on his suitability for the championship because he fits in with the rest of the squad quite clearly.

If i'm Warne, I would be telling Adams to prove he wants to be here next season by putting in a transfer request and to push the issue with his parent club.

Cardiff don't have much leverage in this. From all indications, they clearly don't rate him. If we don't meet Cardiffs asking price, are they prepared to let him rot in the reserves whilst wasting their wage budget on him? Espically with regards to FFP, where his wages can be put towards a player that can contribute more for Cardiff, it would be cutting off their nose to spite their face.

I would imagine the 300k we've offered are subject to appearances or success, and structured like the Washington deal last summer.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the latest accounts, Cardiff’s position in negotiations may not be as strong as we suspect when it comes to Ebou.

The auditors have declared they are in a precarious position financially and there are concerns that they can continue trading on a going concern basis. 

If we are the only show in town for him, then they come make a quick deal to rid their liability to his contract.

IMG_3778.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

According to the latest accounts, Cardiff’s position in negotiations may not be as strong as we suspect when it comes to Ebou.

The auditors have declared they are in a precarious position financially and there are concerns that they can continue trading on a going concern basis. 

If we are the only show in town for him, then they come make a quick deal to rid their liability to his contract.

IMG_3778.jpeg

I can see him being one of our first signings, maybe not one of the first announced.

I would love to have him part of the squad next season. 

Heart of a lion and passion to match, not many midfielders I have liked at the club as much as him.  I know it is a completely different level, but I can see him being as well loved as Bryson, Van Der Laan, Seth Johnson, if he continues the same way.

How did I forget George Thorne.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

21 minutes ago, Jackal said:

I wonder if there'll be a fire sale at Cardiff then, is there any other current Cardiff players we'd like to see in a Derby shirt next season? 

Yakou Meite always used to look a threat for Reading but his stats for the season just gone aren't good. If they were looking to sell he could be worth a gamble 

'Championship experience?" Surely anyone who has excelled in League One, promoted with 92 points has demonstrated that they can cope with the step up! 

A team that finishes 6th and then scrapes through the play-offs may find the demands of the Championship tough but to finish with a team record of 2 points per game and not being relegated but cheated out of 21 points suggests that DCFC is a "Cut above" the usual.

The Rams found it difficult to adjust to the cut thrust and chop of average L1 teams as they preferred the 'better' teams.

By hook or by crook let's get Ebou on the books!