Ebou Adams - Joined on loan until end of the season

Please don’t be Bob Malcom. Please don’t be Bob Malcom. Please don’t be Bob Malcom. Please don’t be Bob Malcom. Please don’t be Bob Malcom. 

Appearance #1: optimism at 10/10 from me. 
let’s hope he kicks in and doesn’t become BM mark 2. 

22 hours ago, jono said:

It’s a good point but Tommo is still learning, has room to grow and Fornah has real potential in my mind. Not seen enough to be certain but there is the makings of a more mobile ball winning midfield. But yes .. you do get the feeling you need a magic moment player in the mix if we are to prosper. 

Does Asanovic have a son or distant cousin...? 😉 I'm not sure PW is into flair central flair players. It's all about the wide players for him I think.

Sibs and Thomo - if they were going to kick on, they would have by now...? I rate them both and to be fair to them, they prob need a run in the side but difficult to accommodate with the competition in the squad. 

6 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Please don’t be Bob Malcom. Please don’t be Bob Malcom. Please don’t be Bob Malcom. Please don’t be Bob Malcom. Please don’t be Bob Malcom. 

Appearance #1: optimism at 10/10 from me. 
let’s hope he kicks in and doesn’t become BM mark 2. 

They were my thoughts exactly on Saturday.  Think it was Wolves away(?) excellent debut followed by several performances that left me wondering if he had ever played before!

2 hours ago, NottsRam said:

They were my thoughts exactly on Saturday.  Think it was Wolves away(?) excellent debut followed by several performances that left me wondering if he had ever played before!

To be fair, Adams doesn't seem like the kind of guy who gets pissed and decides to sleep it off in the middle lane of the M1......

6 hours ago, Srg said:

I’d be looking at Tom Bayliss for the summer. Free transfer, tidy midfielder, will be 25, Derby fan. 

Definitely the type we should be looking at. A quality player that's about to start his peak years and on a free transfer, perfect! Being a Derby supporter is a great bonus for sure. He'd be a good value asset on the books and an ideal replacement for the holes left by Knight and Bird. Top shout there.

3 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Definitely the type we should be looking at. A quality player that's about to start his peak years and on a free transfer, perfect! Being a Derby supporter is a great bonus for sure. He'd be a good value asset on the books and an ideal replacement for the holes left by Knight and Bird. Top shout there.

Shrewsbury fans not very complimentary about him on their forum. 
Another player we have been linked with a few times. Scored a good free kick at PP last season. 

1 hour ago, Turk Thrust said:

Er, what war would that be then?

As I said to someone else above, the joke only works if you embellish a little. You need to understand that jokes only really work and can be funny if you don’t overly focus on facts or reality.

For instance, you might be asked why the chicken crossed the road. Now there could be any number of amusing answers, but unless you actually know what the chicken is thinking the reality is you have no real idea why the chicken might be choosing to cross the road. Unless of course it is being chased by a fox, but that isn’t amusing either.

12 hours ago, Srg said:

I’d be looking at Tom Bayliss for the summer. Free transfer, tidy midfielder, will be 25, Derby fan. 

I would actually prefer his midfield partner Nohan Kenneh. He'd be decent backup for Adams in the DM role. Came through at Leeds when Bielsa was there so is used to high intensity football, and has spent all season as the DM in Shresbury's 352. 1 year left on his contract at Hibs though. Still only 20.

Another midfielder I'd chaee is Herbie Kane on a free (if Barnsley don't go up). Only 25, takes the majority of Barnsley's set pieces but is also their main creative threat from open play. 6 goals and 5 assists so far this season whilst playing as an 8 in their 352. He's arguable the best all round CM in the league.

Edited by Ghost of Clough

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Another midfielder I'd chase is Herbie Kane on a free (if Barnsley don't go up). Only 25, takes the majority of Barnsley's set pieces but is also their main creative threat from open play. 6 goals and 5 assists so far this season whilst playing as an 8 in their 352. He's arguable the best all round CM in the league.

Would be fitting to give him the no 53 shirt number.

10 hours ago, i-Ram said:

As I said to someone else above, the joke only works if you embellish a little. You need to understand that jokes only really work and can be funny if you don’t overly focus on facts or reality.

For instance, you might be asked why the chicken crossed the road. Now there could be any number of amusing answers, but unless you actually know what the chicken is thinking the reality is you have no real idea why the chicken might be choosing to cross the road. Unless of course it is being chased by a fox, but that isn’t amusing either.

..... and whilst there are certainly trees with leaves on the estate in Greenwich where Ebou grew up, it doesn't quite do justice to the meaning of 'leafy' that you intended either 😉

11 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Nurse! He’s out of bed again……