Where do you think we'll finish this season?

If we get Gayle back in time, I genuinely think he'll be the man to put the ball in the net when it matters.

I've been a Derby fan to know we LOVE to bottle it but I think whether It's automatic or via the play offs, we go up. 

🐏

9 points will be enough to go up with a better GD. Bolton aren't winning 4/4. The next week will seal our fate. Failure to win either game and we'll be in a spot of bother. The Wycombe game is almost a free hit. 

Bolton playing Pompey who still have something to play for next weekend, Bolton were honking today by all accounts and very fortunate. I don’t think they’re a particularly happy camp, some of their fans seem to think Evatt has fallen out with players, there’s a soft underbelly there when things don’t go right. There is every conceivable chance they will drop points, if they don’t then fair play. 

It’s all about us. Bolton fans will be praying we slip up on Wednesday because they’re relying on us to. On paper we have the easiest fixtures left. I’m hoping we get it done by Cambridge but that will largely be down to Bolton, but going into the last game with it in our hands has to be the aim and we have a very good chance to do that. 

I think we’ll draw with Wycombe, beat Leyton Orient, Bolton draw with Pompey, Bolton beat Shrewsbury, Derby beat Cambridge and Bolton beat Vale, taking it to the last day with us still 1 point ahead at home to Carlisle with Bolton away at Posh. We’ll beat Carlisle and I think Bolton for good measure will drop points at Posh.

We’re going to do this!!

22 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

9 points will be enough to go up with a better GD. Bolton aren't winning 4/4. The next week will seal our fate. Failure to win either game and we'll be in a spot of bother. The Wycombe game is almost a free hit. 

The way things are going we won’t have a better GD than Bolton. They have far more firepower than us and have managed two five goal games in a month. How many of those have we managed !!? They will outscore us up to the end of the season and it’s not like they ship a massive amount of goals..

To my mind it’s win all four or the playoffs. After the Northampton fiasco the Wycombe game really worries me. People judge them as cloggers but they can play as well- check out their thrashing of Posh earlier in the season..

What price a draw between Bolton and pompey ???

4 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

The way things are going we won’t have a better GD than Bolton. They have far more firepower than us and have managed two five goal games in a month. How many of those have we managed !!? They will outscore us up to the end of the season and it’s not like they ship a massive amount of goals..

To my mind it’s win all four or the playoffs. After the Northampton fiasco the Wycombe game really worries me. People judge them as cloggers but they can play as well- check out their thrashing of Posh earlier in the season..

Sorry mate think it’s just how you view things probably based on years of disappointment as a Derby fan which I can understand. Yes we could drop points to Wycombe, Bolton defo could drop points to Pompey and everyone seems to assume Posh will be out of it and rolling over on the last day. As for GD, who is to say we won’t smash bottom of the league Carlisle 5-0 last day of the season? 

Only thing that is certain right now is we’re a net second on points with 4 games you would expect us to win. We should be confident. 2 wins this week and think the champagne will need to go on ice, dropped points then we’ll still be in the fight to the last day. 

9 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

They may have scored 5 in 2 of their games Bolton but they have also only won 6 games since the January window closed. 15 games played, drew 6 and lost 3. +9 GD.

For comparison, we've won 8 and drawn 2 of our 13 games. +11 GD

Pompey could easily lose at Bolton, they could lose at home to Barnsley who only lost their 2nd away game of the season today. Wigan might be Pompey's last win, having Lincoln away last game of the season. Which could mean they would finish on 93 points. The Rams would have to win all 4 games to finish on 94. It's a bit of a long shot, but not beyond possiblities. But I'm still sticking with 2nd spot, even though Bolton have the best chance of over taking us.

7 hours ago, Paultheram said:

Never mind the result today….

It was and is still in our own hands.

Win 4 games and were promoted!

Again, how much likelihood do you place on us doing that 

Edited by Tyler Durden

6 hours ago, sage said:

Are we at the stage that we want Posh to do quite well so they still have a chance v Bolton 

Yes, I said this a few weeks back, we could possibly do with Posh winning their next 5 (if neccesary) to stay within a point of Bolton, in case we need them to get something off Bolton on the final day.

For example we could end up going into the final day with Bolton on 90, Derby 89, Posh 89.

Edited by Carnero

Horrible that all the pressure is back on us.

Then we have the unsettling matter of Posh and all their matches in hand so we don’t know whether they’re looking good or not.

Personally think Leyton Orient will be tougher than Wycombe. Would feel sick if we missed out on 92/91 points.

I just boil it back down to the fact that we'd much rather be in our position than Bolton's or Peterborough's.

We know for a fact that 4 wins from here and we're up regardless of anything they do.

We also have softer fixtures on paper than either of them, with Bolton having Pompey & Peterborough, and Peterborough having Bolton to play and 7 games 21 days.

We'd have gladly taken this position at most points of the season if offered.

C'mon Derby, final push.

46 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Horrible that all the pressure is back on us.

Then we have the unsettling matter of Posh and all their matches in hand so we don’t know whether they’re looking good or not.

Personally think Leyton Orient will be tougher than Wycombe. Would feel sick if we missed out on 92/91 points.

It's telling that you use the words horrible, unsettling and sick to describe your emotions at this point in time - would you rather us be in Bolton's position than ours at this stage in the season?

You've already started dwelling on an outcome that may not even transpire. 

I remember driving back from Wembley after Fester had done us thinking the world had ended not knowing that we would get promoted later on with a new stadium too.

Try and embrace what's happening at the moment, if we don't go up this season then so be it. As I discovered with the playoff defeat against Fester it's not the end of the world.