Derby V Burton match day thread

Boycie

22 minutes ago, S8TY said:

That’s why Hourihane plays …he scores goals get the fcuk in!!!!!!! yaaaay

Response to the moronic posters who say on here Hourihane brings nothing to the team. Warne's verdict is a bit different

Edited by DRBee
spelling

Great fighting spirit to go for it after a kick in the teeth but should'nt have had to really. Elder, Vickers and TJJ felt fragile. I think we need to find a few gems from the loan market. That could get us over the line this season if (big if) we get it right this time. 

Edited by InstaRam

Did enough to win that after letting them back into the game. So much room in midfield, I do think Warne should have put an extra midfielder on at 2-1 for John-Jules but these players have a history getting too comfortable and switching off

But after the equaliser, we created 3/4 good chances and were worthy of winning it

Said it before, say what you like about Hourihane defensively but he’s a match winner. When the ball drops at the edge of the box, no one in our squad can do what he does. 

The way we play, we could do with a number ten. Someone who can control the game, put their foot on the ball I those wobbly moments and calm everything down.

Quick word on Elder. He looks rusty to me, not played much football this season and you can tell - reluctant to put a cross in first half and defensively frail. In the middle of an promotion push, you can’t afford to carry him.

Edited by Leicester Ram

2 minutes ago, S8TY said:

This team desperately needs a CM enforcer ….someone who will just sit in the middle of the pitch and be a presence that is not Max Bird ( no criticism of him ) 

good job we have Hourihane because I still think most teams in L1 would like him and he scored vital goals 

Bird would benefit from someone who does the basics behind him. He's so much more use further up the pitch, but he just can't because Hourihane is too lightweight. I think that's where I'd look to strengthen in the window.

Edited by oodledoodle

1 minute ago, Leicester Ram said:

Did enough to win that after letting them back into the game. So much room in midfield, I do think Warne should have put an extra midfielder on at 2-1 for John-Jules but these players have a history getting too comfortable and switching off

But after the equaliser, we created 3/4 good chances and were worthy of winning it

Said it before, say what you like about Hourihane defensively but he’s a match winner. When the ball drops at the edge of the box, no one in our squad can do what he does. He’s a match winner.

The way we play, we could do with a number ten. Someone who can control the game, put their foot on the ball I those wobbly moments and calm everything down.

Quick word on Elder. He looks rusty to me, not played much football this season and you can tell - reluctant to put a cross in first half and defensively frail. In the middle of an promotion push, you can’t afford to carry him.

Sibley plays okay at LB. Less pressure now for him to be up and back with the wide players we have. Elder hasn’t impressed me at all.

Just now, Leicester Ram said:

Elder worries me. Not purely because of things like the slip tonight, you can say that's maybe a little unlucky. But for ages, he was out of our squad with no seeming injury. You don't sign a player from a Championship side just to have him not even make your squad. It feels like Warne doesn't particularly rate him, I imagine that can impact some players' confidence if they know the manager isn't a fan.

Hopefully Forsyth is back sooner rather than later, because right now we don't really have anyone else. I doubt we'll bring in another left back given budget constraints, but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me to see someone in on loan in that area.

A win is a win but it is clear we need a mobile, athletic central midfielder with pace. Bird and Conor are just not quick enough. We seem to lose the battle so often there. Think Warne should have bolstered the central midfield 20 minutes earlier. Just an observation, Vickers not convincing, poor handling and kicking. Thought Wilson did ok but Elder poor. Who knows what that goal will mean come the end of the season 😊🐏