Pride Park Pitch

rammieib

OK - different chat rather than the “Will Bird go?” Chat.

For me the condition of the pitch this season has deteriorated. Not sure if it’s the excessive rain over the last 4-6 weeks or not but it doesn’t seem to be as good as it was in the past.

I also noticed we’ve stopped watering the pitch pre-game. This was even before the current rain we’ve had. I wonder if that is an intentional aspect from Warne or not?

12 hours ago, Tombo said:

A million times better than it was the other year when we were in administration

It's January btw. How's your lawn holding up?

Quite well considering I don’t have electric heaters on it for 12 hours a day, undersoil hearing, being cut once a day and forked every second hour with a full time labour team.

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Is it me or is the pitch narrower than before?

Certainly looks a wider gap between the touch lines and the advertising boards. 

Narrowed by about 6 yards . If we stop giving goals away , opposition players won’t be sliding around on their knees all over the pitch . 

The pitch really is not of a good standard. Patchy grass and patches of mud. It’s really not acceptable in this day and age. I realise it’s been very wet. But considering how little it is used there should be intervention by management to bring in the type of groundsman who can guarantee the surface. 

31 minutes ago, Somersall Ram said:

The pitch really is not of a good standard. Patchy grass and patches of mud. It’s really not acceptable in this day and age. I realise it’s been very wet. But considering how little it is used there should be intervention by management to bring in the type of groundsman who can guarantee the surface. 

I suspect every uncovered sports ground in the country has the same problem including in the PL. Do you live in a VR world ? 
Would that intervention be something along the lines of Moses ? 
Nature is powerful and whilst technology can solve many things, there are limits, along with budgets and the basic fact that soil is porous, and gets wet when it rains. In case you hadn’t noticed it has rained quite a lot recently.

47 minutes ago, jono said:

I suspect every uncovered sports ground in the country has the same problem including in the PL. Do you live in a VR world ? 
Would that intervention be something along the lines of Moses ? 
Nature is powerful and whilst technology can solve many things, there are limits, along with budgets and the basic fact that soil is porous, and gets wet when it rains. In case you hadn’t noticed it has rained quite a lot recently.

Lots of premier league teams have far superior pitches. Does it not rain in those locations. Our pitch is awful in comparison 

1 hour ago, Somersall Ram said:

Lots of premier league teams have far superior pitches. Does it not rain in those locations. Our pitch is awful in comparison 

Lots of premier league teams have far superior players... coaches (training staff)... admin staff... sponsorship contracts... coaches (transport stylee)... coffee machines... and of course, ground staff and associated plant & equipment.

I suspect income/turnover/annual spending budgets etc play a part in that, somewhere along the line?   

5 hours ago, Somersall Ram said:

Hilarious. The pitch is looking ok for mid winter! The goalmouths are still grass, and just a bit of mud where the linesman runs! What a nonsense post.

5 hours ago, Somersall Ram said:

Sounds like you're after his job?