Pride Park Pitch

rammieib

4 hours ago, Somersall Ram said:

Lots of premier league teams have far superior pitches. Does it not rain in those locations. Our pitch is awful in comparison 

And you know that for a fact ? And you recognise that PL clubs have around 100 times the budget that we have ? And that 100 times isn’t hyperbole it’s real !
Honestly, wake up. I don’t think I have ever seen a post so entitled, plain ignorant (and lacking intelligence, perspective and plain common sense. ) Look at what you have written. Think man. You sound like an 18 year old that says I can drive, I ought to be able to have a Ferrari, it’s not fair. 

Edited by jono

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends
our groundsman… 

hardly surprising it’s a bit muddy.  Modern day footballers are pampered though with their bowling green like pitches. In my day, what we have now would be considered a splendid surface to play on.  Bah! 

14 hours ago, Somersall Ram said:

... there should be intervention by management to bring in the type of groundsman who can guarantee the surface. 

9 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Sounds like you're after his job?

The groundsman's?

... or PW's?  🤣

On 04/01/2024 at 22:08, rammieib said:

OK - different chat rather than the “Will Bird go?” Chat.

For me the condition of the pitch this season has deteriorated. Not sure if it’s the excessive rain over the last 4-6 weeks or not but it doesn’t seem to be as good as it was in the past.

I also noticed we’ve stopped watering the pitch pre-game. This was even before the current rain we’ve had. I wonder if that is an intentional aspect from Warne or not?

#worn out

20 hours ago, jono said:

And you know that for a fact ? And you recognise that PL clubs have around 100 times the budget that we have ? And that 100 times isn’t hyperbole it’s real !
Honestly, wake up. I don’t think I have ever seen a post so entitled, plain ignorant (and lacking intelligence, perspective and plain common sense. ) Look at what you have written. Think man. You sound like an 18 year old that says I can drive, I ought to be able to have a Ferrari, it’s not fair. 

And that my friend is the reason you’re such a waste of space. No ambition or drive. There should be no logical reason between standard of pitches in premiership and us. Preparation of sub base and base with grass is not rocket science and grass doesn’t grown better on a premiership club. Just they employ better ground staff. Are you watching Middlesbrough game. There pitch is light years ahead of ours. Don’t embarrass yourself anymore

21 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Hilarious. The pitch is looking ok for mid winter! The goalmouths are still grass, and just a bit of mud where the linesman runs! What a nonsense post.

Maybe you’re standards are not mine

3 hours ago, Somersall Ram said:

And that my friend is the reason you’re such a waste of space. No ambition or drive. There should be no logical reason between standard of pitches in premiership and us. Preparation of sub base and base with grass is not rocket science and grass doesn’t grown better on a premiership club. Just they employ better ground staff. Are you watching Middlesbrough game. There pitch is light years ahead of ours. Don’t embarrass yourself anymore

It rains less on the eastern side of the country. I’d also add we went a season or more on bare bones ground maintenance. It isn’t about ambition it’s about reality. If your idea of ambition and drive is to have a Porsche on tick in your garage and a maxed out credit card you’re welcome to it. 

PS, Not embarrassed at all thank you mwah mwah