Winter Rumour Mill

dcfcjj

If we could keep JJ and bring in another forward then i'd be happy.

Would hate to extend JJ's deal only for him to break down a day after deadline day. That said, we'd need to move one of our forwards on if we brought two in which doesn't seem viable. 

Therefore I guess JJ as a gamble, then a quality winger and attacking centre mid will suffice. 

11 hours ago, Magicman said:

I don't rate JJ as good enough . He tends to fall on his backside too easily when challenged.

He does seem to get a lit of dubious challenges though, almost as though he us identified as a threat. There were 5 or 6 ckear fouls on him during his short time on the pitch on Monday, including a penalty shout. No wonder he ends up on his backside a lot. PS no free kicks given for him on Monday, which is no surprise, really.

18 hours ago, Big Trav said:

I've seen that Joe Taylor has been recalled, he's done well for a struggling Colchester side. Dan Kemp would be a dream signing.

Interesting. My Nephew tells me Luton Today says we are amongst the interested clubs for Joe. I can’t find anything yet other than Bolton wanting him. A 23 year old who’s scored 12 for a side near the bottom sounds more than worth a look.

14 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If @Big Travdoesn't provide a meaningful update soon I'm going to set fire to my season ticket at the Fleetwood Game, invade the pitch and throw it at Warne in disgust.

Come on BT…..you have your reputation to restore after that last day of the previous window 😩

51 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Haydon Roberts not doing much at Bristol City. 3 starts in first 3 games.  2 appearances since.  Old news or worth a return?

Roberts was signed as backup/competition for Pring. Pring has established himself as the first choice and has started all but 1 league game this season. I can't see them letting Roberts go unless they sign a cheap replacement first.

6 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Nothing really concrete yet, heard that Smith might be on his way out on loan for the rest of the season which might explain the Savage/ Coventry links. No plans for anyone else to leave, Bird and Cashin, barring bids too big to turn down, both staying. Have been told there is a bit of money to splash 

Makes sense for Smith to move on early. He's 6th choice CM in an area we'll be looking to improve. I would imagine Savage/Coventry type signings would be to compete with Hourihane or replace him as a starter though (Hourihane dropping to a bench/impact player)

22 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

heard that Smith might be on his way out on loan for the rest of the season

Would be surprised at this, he won't be leaving a fit player. Not expecting back from injury until next month at least and with 2/3 months out he'll need to be eased back in.

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

Would be surprised at this, he won't be leaving a fit player. Not expecting back from injury until next month at least and with 2/3 months out he'll need to be eased back in.

He’s back on the grass, and with the team training next week, so could well be in a squad by end of January. Be good for teams desperate down the bottom.