Oxford United v Derby County

B4’s Sister

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Oxford definitely the architect of their own downfall. They put it in neutral and whacked on the handbrake after 15 mins and couldn’t get it into first for the remainder of the game. That said, we obviously didn’t let them either. We remained patient. Brilliant end to it. 

I've actually got a bit of sympathy for Oxford. It sounds like their squad has been crushed with injuries and so their current 11 who are fit have been run into the ground over recent weeks. They probably didn't have the players or the energy to do much else apart from sit back and defend for their lives. If not for their good start, we'd have probably given them a bit of a thumping.

I was firmly in the warne out camp, and since my move to york a month ago I've barely been on here. But my god, I'm so happy we didn't pull the trigger and I'm so happy the league 1 Guardiola (yes, I've said it) has proven me and every other doubter wrong. Jumped off my sofa twice and scared the cat when we scored in the final 10. Sounds like we absolutely dominated them after the first 25 mins which were ropey. Atmosphere sounded class and in the past 6 weeks this club has turned from a mutinous ship ready to throw its captain overboard to full on master and commander 'lucky jack' as we're downing rum and heading towards the championship

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

I've actually got a bit of sympathy for Oxford. It sounds like their squad has been crushed with injuries and so their current 11 who are fit have been run into the ground over recent weeks. They probably didn't have the players or the energy to do much else apart from sit back and defend for their lives. If not for their good start, we'd have probably given them a bit of a thumping.

Finish Him Mortal Kombat GIF

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

I was firmly in the warne out camp, and since my move to york a month ago I've barely been on here. But my god, I'm so happy we didn't pull the trigger and I'm so happy the league 1 Guardiola (yes, I've said it) has proven me and every other doubter wrong. Jumped off my sofa twice and scared the cat when we scored in the final 10. Sounds like we absolutely dominated them after the first 25 mins which were ropey. Atmosphere sounded class and in the past 6 weeks this club has turned from a mutinous ship ready to throw its captain overboard to full on master and commander 'lucky jack' as we're downing rum and heading towards the championship

Similar, really didn’t see where we were headed. Just all seems to have clicked hasn’t it. Looking forward to every game now. Long may it continue.

2 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

Honourable mention also to TJJ. Needs to get some better studs, but he was industrious inside and outside the box. The first touch from Kane’s ping across the box was beautiful and allowed him to turn and get his shot off. 👏

Exhilarating stuff. JJ was excellent. Nyambe excellent going up the line (didn’t expect him to come off). Bird was so much better when he played deeper. Wilson and Ward were both a handful. Cashin absurdly good, Nelson so solid. Fabulous to see Tommo’s impact.

We need to keep our heads on our shoulders, Portsmouth, Bolton and Barnsley will take some beating over the next half and there are some dark horses in there 

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Never Mind Oh Dear GIF by Harborne Web Design Ltd

2 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Similar, really didn’t see where we were headed. Just all seems to have clicked hasn’t it. Looking forward to every game now. Long may it continue.

Definitely. We seem to be coming into form at exactly the right time and starting to really find our rhythm now. Get a couple of extra bodies in Jan, tie down Cashin and Bird and get out of this godforsaken league never to return.

15 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Warne mentioned post match on radio Derby how it was a tough call leaving Fornah out but he felt Thompson would have a role to play tonight….my oh my was he right?!

The depth we’ve got is going to be a strength, Smith and Waghorn to come back in soon, Washington at the business end of the season. Need another option up top and maybe out wide. I think Thommo can be the “Embleton” replacement based on how he was before his injury and that towering header tonight.

I hope Smith doesn’t walk straight back in. It’s not a coincidence we have been far, far better since only Hourihane has been in the team. They simply can’t play together. 

8 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Their keeper certainly looked like a ribbit in the headlights for long periods!

9 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Here you go image.png.a201f24d91d9fd0b0e78a475b3877f87.pngthere for your tears not your image.png.f68cba63aaaf63eadec9fc12176584fb.png