Stadium clock

Poynton ram

1 hour ago, Poynton ram said:

Noticed this yesterday at the ground, about 4 mins fast, and I am sure it has been like that for a while. Is there a reason?

384D466E-4122-49E5-AADF-6FD8CAFB87EE.jpeg

Probably that you haven’t told anyone before. Perhaps an email to John Barton, Operations Manager, will get this fixed for you. Keep us updated 👍

3 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

Noticed this yesterday at the ground, about 4 mins fast, and I am sure it has been like that for a while. Is there a reason?

384D466E-4122-49E5-AADF-6FD8CAFB87EE.jpeg

Is the East Stand clock also 4 Mins fast, if not is there a lapse stretching across the stadium?

If so, could it be the cause of us, at times, not moving the ball around the pitch quickly enough.😏

20 minutes ago, goodgollymickbrolly said:

I thought this thread was going to be about the digital clock - it annoys me no end that for the 2nd half, it starts at 0:00 rather than at 45:00.  

Only in the south stand.
I've boycotted it because of that, despite it being straight ahead of me.  😄
I now move my head to the right, and check out the timer on the main screen clock.  That resets to 45:00 at half time!  👍 

6 hours ago, goodgollymickbrolly said:

I thought this thread was going to be about the digital clock - it annoys me no end that for the 2nd half, it starts at 0:00 rather than at 45:00.  

The problem started this season with the rule change for added time being shown to supporters. The old scoreboard clock can only show 2 digits for minutes, not 3 digits. So if 10 or more minutes are added on, which happened with keen referees sticking to new rules, then it goes over the amount the board can display. On a newer screen, they'd just make the text smaller, on this one they cannot.

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I’ve had a season ticket since pride park opened in 1997 (apart from a 4 year stint when I was at uni). I genuinely had no idea we even had a clock!! You learn something new every day! 🤣

It gets worse..  there's actually two clocks.

One is on the side of the West Stand (North West side) and one is on the back of the East Stand (the old BBG clock)!

can't see scooby-doo GIF by Head Like an Orange

On 17/12/2023 at 23:45, Ram@Lincoln said:

The problem started this season with the rule change for added time being shown to supporters. The old scoreboard clock can only show 2 digits for minutes, not 3 digits. So if 10 or more minutes are added on, which happened with keen referees sticking to new rules, then it goes over the amount the board can display. On a newer screen, they'd just make the text smaller, on this one they cannot.

It would make much more sense if it just restarted at 90 minutes rather than at half time…

On 18/12/2023 at 20:26, BramcoteRam84 said:

I’ve had a season ticket since pride park opened in 1997 (apart from a 4 year stint when I was at uni). I genuinely had no idea we even had a clock!! You learn something new every day! 🤣

I bet you've never seen the massive eye on the ram either? Ask @DarkFruitsRam7, he'll show it to you. (The ram, you filthy lot!)