How Paul Warne survives!

Rev

Compo at £2m - Clowes doesn't have really any choice or we blow the business plan

He invested in stability for long term - and Warne was his choice

Afraid we are stuck with him

Many a chairman would have pulled the trigger by now. I was shaking my head again today

Im afraid all we have to do is get behind him and the team and hope it gets better

Embargo soon will be behind us.

Tough gig for Ram fans but. - better days are ahead hopefully

4 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Compo at £2m - Clowes doesn't have really any choice or we blow the business plan

He invested in stability for long term - and Warne was his choice

Afraid we are stuck with him

Many a chairman would have pulled the trigger by now. I was shaking my head again today

Im afraid all we have to do is get behind him and the team and hope it gets better

Embargo soon will be behind us.

Tough gig for Ram fans but. - better days are ahead hopefully

Why? It isn't part of the business plan a Reading fan said that when talking about their sacking of Ince. It doesn't have to be paid in a lump sum and could easily be covered in the budget.

Warne is still here because Clowes isn't bothered about instant promotion, as someone posted then he'd have to fund a Championship squad,

Edited by RoyMac5

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why? It isn't part of the business plan a Reading fan said that when talking about their sacking of Ince. It doesn't have to be paid in a lump sum and could easily be covered in the budget.

Redundancy cost/restructuring costs are usually off balance sheet costs (in the usual business world) and therefore are not reported as operating cost but as exceptional items. As long as DCFC can manage the cost of the redundancy it should not affect the general operating position. So theoretically we can afford to remove Warne and any other staff required to be removed.

5 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

And you get the usual laughing emoji from Roy mac because you dared to post something positive 

There's positive and there's inventive. We didn't score either of our goals from a cross. But we kept trying. There is that positive enough for you?

NO way did we outclass Crewe.

Edited by RoyMac5

7 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Redundancy cost/restructuring costs are usually off balance sheet costs (in the usual business world) and therefore are not reported as operating cost but as exceptional items. As long as DCFC can manage the cost of the redundancy it should not affect the general operating position. So theoretically we can afford to remove Warne and any other staff required to be removed.

Is that the same as how Mel's amortisation methods were/are used and accepted "in the usual business world", so it was never ever likely to be a problem with The EFL?

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Warne is still here because Clowes isn't bothered about instant promotion, as someone posted then he'd have to fund a Championship squad,

Sorry Roy, that isn't true & is unfair to Clowes. The only reason Warne is here in the first place is because Clowes wanted the instant promotion that a 'League One promotion expert' could bring...otherwise Rosenior would have got the gig. 

With regard to a Warne payout, my hunch is that the club would rather he walk in face of fan protests. Its cheaper but it will mean letting the current situation play out. I'd be surprised if Clowes in private didnt have buyer remorse with Warne (even if the club mood noise is different)

Edited by LeedsCityRam

1 minute ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Sorry Roy, that isn't true & is unfair to Clowes. The only reason Warne is here in the first place is because Clowes wanted the instant promotion that a 'League One promotion expert' could bring...otherwise Rosenior would have got the gig. 

With regard to a Warne payout, my hunch is that the club would rather he walk in face of fan protests. Its cheaper but it will mean letting the current situation play out. I'd be surprised if Clowes in private didnt have buyer remorse with Warne (even if the club mood noise is different)

So it's unfair to Clowes to say he might not want to fund a Championship squad (after all if we go up it won't be a Championship squad per se if Warne's previous promotions are anything to go by) but fair enough to say he's hoping Warne can't stand the pressure and resigns?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

So it's unfair to Clowes to say he might not want to fund a Championship squad (after all if we go up it won't be a Championship squad per se if Warne's previous promotions are anything to go by) but fair enough to say he's hoping Warne can't stand the pressure and resigns?

One is a constructive use of money, the other is a destructive use of money that could be reduced substantially if the situation is managed. I dont believe you can assume transfer spending in division above from how much time he allows a manager or how much he is willing to pay to get rid of him.

Insinuating Clowes is happy with us staying at this level makes no sense...firstly, he's a fan and won't want us playing third tier football any longer than you or I & secondly, the TV money in Championship makes promotion much more attractive.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

There's positive and there's inventive. We didn't score either of our goals from a cross. But we kept trying. There is that positive enough for you?

NO way did we outclass Crewe.

On the subject of disagreement… 😂

Jokes aside, I genuinely think watching derby play Crewe today was like watching Man City play Luton in the Prem. Utter dominance in possession and some nice passing.

Most difficult thing at this level is understandably putting it in the net because if you can do that even remotely effectively, you wouldn’t be playin in League 1

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

If this is true he needs to be looking at bringing in some investment. It’s a joke we’re in this league and it’s even worse you’re suggesting we’ve got an owner with an ambition to stay in it. 

today was still better than some of the recent away performances, we dominated but our finishing was woeful on top of some poor decision making in the final third , also Fozzy and a few others had off games but still better than the dross we've been watching.

I've been critical of Warne recently but we could easily have scored 3-4 more today and we kept the ball better than recently

what we were guilty of today was too many crosses when we maybe could've worked in into feet but it seems like we are trying to keep the ball more now so lets give it a chance 

Max was excellent against Northampton but I thought Bird,Smith and Fozzy were very average today and Hourihane at times wasteful but generally speaking keep trying to play football is ok with me and will bring better results 

Also a note on Bradley, I hope his substitution doesn't mean he's dropped because I genuinely think he's made a difference in last two games 

We potentially have nine games in three competitions before Christmas, and as many as seven of those games will be at home!

The significance of that last minute equaliser could be huge for Warne and taking the pressure off.

Given that our home and away form is starting to trend in different directions, there might not be a better opportunity for him and the players to click, find form and confidence, and turn the tide.

The way things have gone v Cheltenham, Shrewsbury, Stevenage and Crewe will make every away game coming up feel like a potential trip hazard and so it might be good for us to have a run of games at home and get some wins under our belt.