How Paul Warne survives!

Rev

41 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

You are assuming I find the situation intolerable. I'm still going to games, I'm still enjoying the wins and bemoaning the losses. In that regard it's no different to any other time supporting the club.

My concern does not stop me from supporting the team in the stadium, or going there in the first place.

None of that is going to ease my concerns over Warne's ability to take us where we want to go. If he proves me wrong then fair play, I'll be among the first to congratulate him and concede that I was wrong.

I get that and apologies for making that assumption.

I'm just saying that you feel it necessary to make regular posts on the same matter which is that you don't believe that Warne is the right person long term for the club.

Long term might not be to the end of his current contract, it could potentially be beyond that, but if he doesn't get removed then it's over 2 years.

Which is a long time for someone to be feeling it necessary to make the same repeated points on how they feel.

That's all. 

11 hours ago, davenportram said:

Rotherham fans (I live there) have been telling me we’ll have the fittest squad in the division by Christmas and we’ll keep going while others can’t.

patience and it will come good

NML seems to be fitting that bill currently, looked done a month back, absolute beast now. 

1 hour ago, Sheff Ram said:

Loving your sense of positivity. Fantastic. 

Do you know what, after hearing the news of B4 over the weekend, my attitude to a lot of things will change, especially DCFC. 

Walking away from the ground on Saturday after the game (before hearing about B4 passing), i felt more positive about the team.

I'll certainly keep that positivity going now because nothing would give us all more pleasure than to see Derby promoted in memory of Daniel. 

8 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Roverum sacked manager

Found their twitter section interesting, some of the names they're suggesting are far too ambitious in my opinion. 

Luton have shown that smaller teams can dream, but realistically a younger, diamond in the rough manager is their best bet. Can't see Rowett, Wilder or Jones going there. 

35 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Do you know what, after hearing the news of B4 over the weekend, my attitude to a lot of things will change, especially DCFC. 

Walking away from the ground on Saturday after the game (before hearing about B4 passing), i felt more positive about the team.

I'll certainly keep that positivity going now because nothing would give us all more pleasure than to see Derby promoted in memory of Daniel. 

I had to look up "B4 Passing". That is very sad news. 38 is no age and it does put everything in perspective.

Edited by Sheff Ram

57 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Found their twitter section interesting, some of the names they're suggesting are far too ambitious in my opinion. 

Luton have shown that smaller teams can dream, but realistically a younger, diamond in the rough manager is their best bet. Can't see Rowett, Wilder or Jones going there. 

I reckon Jones would definitely take that job. He's made a total arse of every non-Luton job he's had. His phone won't be ringing off the hook.

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

It’s a such a strange season, I myself have said PW needs to go at times myself. Is it just twitter hysteria? On a statistical basis it turn on we’re doing alright but many people will have you believe it’s the worst Derby team EVER.

IMG_1154.jpeg

It's weird because our goals often seem to come in bunches. Like 3 on Saturday, or the spanking we gave Northampton. But then there'll be games where we look like we could play for a month and not sniff a chance.

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

It's weird because our goals often seem to come in bunches. Like 3 on Saturday, or the spanking we gave Northampton. But then there'll be games where we look like we could play for a month and not sniff a chance.

Yeah the xG reflects this too, a couple of games ago we were around 9th from xG created in open play, now we're third. 

2.35 from open play vs Northampton
2.08 from open play vs Barnsley. 

11 minutes ago, Srg said:

It was the same last season, even under Rosenior. I haven't studied it, but I wouldn't be surprised to find that the highest common denominator was "opponents who sit in". That's where having in-form NML, Barkhuizen and Wilson could help, plus the emergence of Weston too.

On 11/11/2023 at 22:18, jono said:

I really do get that but just maybe amidst our dreams of greater things, perhaps we shouldn’t be thinking of Warne as a Clough or even a Smith. Just a manager who will do a job and set us on the first lap or two of a relay and then pass the baton to another, for the next leg. ? 

Maybe Warne isn’t the long term manager but as the short/medium term he needs our support ? Before we get a Ferrari perhaps we need to get comfortable with our modeo and get to a destination where we might get the keys to something better. 

This post was not brought to you by either Ron Brooks, or Toyota themselves.

19 hours ago, Srg said:

We seemed to have a lot of games last season, usually at home, where we scored early, then another, and game was more or less over by halftime.

Taking an early chance at home, in front of a big crowd, makes such a difference.

19 hours ago, Crewton said:

It was the same last season, even under Rosenior. I haven't studied it, but I wouldn't be surprised to find that the highest common denominator was "opponents who sit in". That's where having in-form NML, Barkhuizen and Wilson could help, plus the emergence of Weston too.

And which ever league you are in, you have to be a good team to break down an organised defensive unit, who come for a point, but also tries to nick one on the break.

Makes it tougher too when you are a big club, with a large crowd, expecting you to swat away some "little club" with ease whilst playing wonderful football.