How Paul Warne survives!

Rev

2 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

... But if we play badly and lose badly, or even frankly just lose at all on Saturday then he’s in deep trouble. There is not a lot of patience or faith left amongst the fans

In what way will he be "in deep trouble"?

I assume you don't mean from an employment perspective, as the owner (his boss) has already stated his job is safe for the foreseeable future.  (Those are my words btw, not a direct quote, so feel free to shoot me down on a technicality if that way inclined).

I assume you don't mean from a legal perspective, as I doubt the Chief Constable of Derbyshire is lining up a dawn raid on Warne Manor, whilst issuing a warrant to search the premises for evidence of Warne being "In possession of an offensive tactics board"? 

So how then?  What kind of trouble is he likely to be in?  

🤷‍♂️

If he gets the English equivalent of the white hankie he’s had it, regardless of how someone ‘high up’ at the club briefed Dominic Dietrich. That’s all we have, no public comment from Clowes himself don’t forget. Oh sorry of course Warne himself has told us he has been told to ‘rock on’

We will see. I think his days are numbered

3 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

If we play well and win well on Saturday he will be surviving until the next bad performance and result. If however there is quite a while before that happens and in the meantime we are much improved then a lot of the doubters will have changed their tune and will forgive him a bad result.

But if we play badly and lose badly, or even frankly just lose at all on Saturday then he’s in deep trouble. There is not a lot of patience or faith left amongst the fans

It’s not the fans who would be pulling the trigger though is it? Whether you like it or not, I think it will take more than a defeat on Saturday to see him gone. 

7 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

1/  I never said he called anyone useless.  Someone else posted that.

2/  He did, however, bellow "Aaagh!  You are a bloody disgrace", seemingly in the general direction of a targeted/specific individual.

3/  Rightly or wrongly (The latter it seems, judging by your account) I always assumed that the phrase "For missing the target from there, you want bloody shooting" referred to a training ground shot on goal, not the taking of a corner?  Shows what I know!  

4/  I like how we have diverted attention away from the much criticised Mr Warne.  Which is nice.  😁

🐏

Indeed, you are correct about point 3…….

I think his use of the academy players last night is another example of Warne’s man management.  As a group they’ve experienced a few days training with the first team, being involved in the match day prep and played minutes in a competitive fixture.  And all of this in a safe environment.  They’ve played at PP in front of a handful of fans, rather than 25k+ groaning at every mistake, even if one of them doesn’t make it it will probably affect them.  And against another U21 team, which in my view will have been less pressure.

At the fans forum, Warne said he’d seen young players take steps back in their careers by being rushed too soon.  I think he’s doing his best to avoid that scenario, for the sake of the individual and the club.  A smart move.

16 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I think his use of the academy players last night is another example of Warne’s man management.  As a group they’ve experienced a few days training with the first team, being involved in the match day prep and played minutes in a competitive fixture.  And all of this in a safe environment.  They’ve played at PP in front of a handful of fans, rather than 25k+ groaning at every mistake, even if one of them doesn’t make it it will probably affect them.  And against another U21 team, which in my view will have been less pressure.

At the fans forum, Warne said he’d seen young players take steps back in their careers by being rushed too soon.  I think he’s doing his best to avoid that scenario, for the sake of the individual and the club.  A smart move.

But Warne has said he wants players who can play in front of 30k crowds! Against another U21 team so not really proper football, no real idea how they might compete. He's basically played an U21 team against another U21 team with a large U21 size crowd. After being told to 'rock on' by Clowes who thinks his Cat1 Academy is worth paying for. 😄

Edited by RoyMac5

3 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

If he gets the English equivalent of the white hankie he’s had it, regardless of how someone ‘high up’ at the club briefed Dominic Dietrich. That’s all we have, no public comment from Clowes himself don’t forget. Oh sorry of course Warne himself has told us he has been told to ‘rock on’

Yes that was a very strange way to (not) announce a vote of confidence 🤔

13 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

If we play well and win well on Saturday he will be surviving until the next bad performance and result. If however there is quite a while before that happens and in the meantime we are much improved then a lot of the doubters will have changed their tune and will forgive him a bad result.

But if we play badly and lose badly, or even frankly just lose at all on Saturday then he’s in deep trouble. There is not a lot of patience or faith left amongst some of the fans

Ftfy 

9 hours ago, europia said:

Yes that was a very strange way to (not) announce a vote of confidence 🤔

I reckon they deliberately wanted to avoid an announcement of a vote of confidence ( which often seems to precede a sacking). Rather than DC or someone else coming out and saying something that wanted it to be business as usual - nothing to see here. 

Actually makes sense to me.

12 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

But Warne has said he wants players who can play in front of 30k crowds! Against another U21 team so not really proper football, no real idea how they might compete. He's basically played an U21 team against another U21 team with a large U21 size crowd. After being told to 'rock on' by Clowes who thinks his Cat1 Academy is worth paying for. 😄

I love the things that scare most folks to death
But I ain't ever satisfied
I'll stay till the end or till I'm gasping my last breath
No, I am never satisfied

I can pretty much come and go as I like
Hey, with no bottom line it's hard to know wrong from right
I'll try anything once but then do it to death
I expect the worst but I hope for the best
Oh, I ain't ever satisfied
No, I ain't ever satisfied
No, no, no, no, I am never satisfied

Can't get enough, no, of nothing

I've got seven of everything and more in the till
You think this is dangerous stuff
It ain't even a thrill
I ain't ever satisfied
Oh, I am never
No, I am never
I don't know why I ain't ever satisfied

3 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I love the things that scare most folks to death
I'll stay till the end or till I'm gasping my last breath
No, I am never satisfied

I can pretty much come and go as I like
Hey, with no bottom line it's hard to know wrong from right
I'll try anything once but then do it to death
I expect the worst but I hope for the best
Oh, I ain't ever satisfied
No, I ain't ever satisfied
No, no, no, no, I am never satisfied

Can't get enough, no, of nothing

I've got seven of everything and more in the till
You think this is dangerous stuff
It ain't even a thrill
I ain't ever satisfied
Oh, I am never
No, I am never
I don't know why I ain't ever satisfied

Satisfied with poor league 1 football? Each to their own mate.

14 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

since the tea party,i think we are seeing a different warne,obviously more was said than rock on.warnes tactics seem to have taken a better direction,and we are now seeing and hearing about the youngsters,and even talking of recruitment from abroad.hopefully this can continue to improve and we can save money by not needing to get rid of warne,time will tell