Dear Richie Barker

ziggazagga

14 hours ago, ziggazagga said:

My son and I travel home and away at great expense to support this team. I am not and never will be 'outside noise ' . You should be grateful we care enough to have an opinion of your hopeless coaching ability, trying to play a style that was fit for the 80s.  Never take this club nor the supporters for granted whilst you leach off our backs getting very well paid for a substandard job

26d0033e6d469803aaed09450f4bb486.jpg

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

I thought the thread was about Ritchie Barker

You changed it to me complaining about the manager I thought.

As for Barker, he doesn’t strike me as being very good either, but perhaps nobody has properly defined his role?

I listened to it on Rams Daily, thought it was a really good interview. He was directly addressing Dom’s question, he also clarified outside noise is everywhere when you’re in elite sport. Agree with other posters who have said or implied those taking offence are those hearing what they want to hear to fit their viewpoint/agenda 

As someone very much in the Warne out camp I have absolutely no issue with the players or management giving a bit back if they prove me/us wrong.

Feedback is a two way street. Some fans seem to think that everyone at the club should take their abuse and never react. It's pathetic.

21 hours ago, angieram said:

I always wonder how many of the fans outraged by Barker's comments - it's been bubbling on X since the game - are the same ones shouting you're f****** s***, get him off, etc etc all game to players who can hear every word? 

If you dish it out, then be prepared to take it.

And if you don't,  then neither Barker or Mendez-Laing were aiming anything at you, so why get het up about it? 

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by The Maury Show My thoughts exactly

How long before we get AI post match interviews. With a hologram PW or RB doing the business? Maybe as fans we would be able to choose ourselves. We could even get one off Brian Clough or Paul Jewel as an option.

We could then control “The Narrative” to only hear things which won’t upset us and make us make angry posts on an internet. 😳

Edited by Dean (hick) Saunders

9 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

How long before we get AI post match interviews. With a hologram PW or RB doing the business? Maybe as fans we would be able to choose ourselves. We could even get one off Brian Clough or Paul Jewel as an option.

This was the 1st A1 experimental picture, They had to go back to the drawing board 😁

image.png.0768d1108bd30e9e49309bc4074bad1d.png

On 26/10/2023 at 04:13, ziggazagga said:

For the sanctimonious amongst us, my first match was in 1967, I have seen all sorts in that time and I have never booed. I have however had a company with 1200 employees and can tell if someone is getting the absolute best of the talent and resources available to them, so no I would not have a different conversation face to face no matter what management theories you spout, because I have lived it  not just read about it. See you at Stevenage 

image.gif.9882cda28588341fc7d2a1336d51179c.gif

On 26/10/2023 at 09:42, jimtastic56 said:

Eric Steele said the other night that Barker did most of the coaching and he does most of the enforcing on the touchline . I have not heard why he did the post -match interview.

PW does most, Barker does some and Hammy has done one so far this season as well. Same goes for the preview interviews. Sharing the workload and showing that they are a "team"?

The narrative has been said many times by PW this season and last. They don't get overly carried away by a win, neither do they get really down following a loss. That will include fan comments. Bird and NML had very good games on Tuesday. neither of them are a Lionel Messi... they will have their feet kept on the ground, not 3 feet above or below. That is the staff mantra, IMO.