Derby County vs Stevenage (A) Match Thread

Idiakez

23 minutes ago, SSD said:

Screenshot_20231028-192245~2.png

I laughed at this, but it is sad.

I don't want him ridiculed, bullied, harassed.. I want Clowes to admit he made a mistake and remove Paul from the position for his own sake.

He is a nice bloke and unfortunately has been found out tactically. It isn't his fault, just one of those things.

9 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I laughed at this, but it is sad.

I don't want him ridiculed, bullied, harassed.. I want Clowes to admit he made a mistake and remove Paul from the position for his own sake.

He is a nice bloke and unfortunately has been found out tactically. It isn't his fault, just one of those things.

I didn't laugh. I thought it was sad and very out of order.

As you implied, it smacks of bullying, ridicule and a lack of sensitivity.

I agree that he is a nice bloke who has done his best, but perhaps wasn't the best man for the job after all and it wasn't his fault.

We can really do without this smart ar*e kind of posting that makes a joke out of someone's desperate misfortune. Some folk need to grow up.

1 minute ago, Miggins said:

I didn't laugh. I thought it was sad and very out of order.

As you implied, it smacks of bullying, ridicule and a lack of sensitivity.

I agree that he is a nice bloke who has done his best, but perhaps wasn't the best man for the job after all and it wasn't his fault.

We can really do without this smart ar*e kind of posting that makes a joke out of someone's desperate misfortune. Some folk need to grow up.

If he was that nice a bloke he'd resign. I'm sorry he's not without blame and where was his admittance of that today? Well maybe he said something cos I couldn't bare to listen to it all. But starting with 'soft underbelly' s***. What about the crappy football you insist on playing mate?!

Edited by RoyMac5

The problem is the massive disconnect between how Paul Warne sees football, and how a large portion of the fanbase, and I suspect the squad he's inherited,  see it.

He sees it as a cardinal sin that we can't compete physically for second balls, while the Warne Out camp think if the first ball is more accurate, you don't need to compete for second balls, the initial pass does the damage.

One step forward, two steps back. Warne has to adapt; this awful style he adopts every time we play a half decent side does not work. Other, more forward thinking gaffers, are sussing us out too easily and when something doesn't work, Warne does not possess the instincts to change things up. We're flat track bullies and one trick ponies at the same time.

Either we adapt, or if we persist, then we have 2-3 games to turn this around before the fanbase goes full toxic. Honestly, I am DTID, but even more than administration, I'm finding this hard to stomach. Venting on here won't help with that, but from a footballing PoV, this is as bad as it gets, or at least as bad as it should be allowed too.

Warne's stubbornness is infuriating and I'm afraid to say he's proving to be as limited as many of us suggested he would be when we made it quite clear that we'd regret letting Rosenior go. Not so much a 'he who laughs last' though, as I don't see anyone laughing now. It's the one small note on which us fans are at united.

Mr Clowes has, for all his good intentions, landed between a rock and a hard place. I feel desperately sorry for him as a growing number seem to have turned on him already. I didn't agree with his call, but I had to respect it, given the risk and financial burden he took on to ensure we still had a club, but I now fear he may be in for a torrid time of things over the coming weeks and months. Honestly, I just wonder at what point lady luck returns to the club and we see some uplift in our fortunes. Having been fully taken in by Morris, I'd most likely nut him if I saw him now, as this is all his work and having been so thoroughly duped just makes it feel even worse 😔

Edited by Comrade 86

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I don’t think it’s an impossible position to recover. We have plenty of time to find form, claw back points and find ourselves in the top six. We could win both games in hand and be in 6th, for example.

The fact is we should be challenging for the top 2, and in that regard it looks like the position is unrecoverable. Finishing top 6 shouldn't be the goal, anything below second is a failure. 

1 hour ago, Goldstar said:

What a flat situation we find ourselves in. There's been a few times in Warne's early interviews when he's used quite negative language about what he hoped he could achieve, and i remember thinking it didn't seem right but hoped i was being too cynical. 

Unfortunately now there's a disconnect between the management and the players with the fans. When a player is motioning towards the fans after scoring, you know it's not good. No they shouldn't expect abuse, however, they get paid a handsome amount to ignore immature chants, sticking it to other hard working fans who didn't partake in said chanting is abysmal to me, and this needs fixing quick. 

This connection? Not sure about that

its purely results driven though isnt it

i mean we win the next 4 games and were all singing about Nathaniels wang again and feeling good about ourselves and the club 

not buying that ..

5 minutes ago, Rev said:

The problem is the massive disconnect between how Paul Warne sees football, and how a large portion of the fanbase, and I suspect the squad he's inherited,  see it.

He sees it as a cardinal sin that we can't compete physically for second balls, while the Warne Out camp think if the first ball is more accurate, you don't need to compete for second balls, the initial pass does the damage.

You're darn right. And that's because we've been raised on the football of Clough, Cox, Smith, Clough jnr and McLaren. 

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If he was that nice a bloke he'd resign. I'm sorry he's not without blame and where was his admittance of that today? Well maybe he said something cos I couldn't bare to listen to it all. But starting with 'soft underbelly' s***. What about the crappy football you insist on playing mate?!

Perhaps he still will. And the rest of your post perhaps shows just how hard he's finding the job. I don't disagree with your post but I still find our current situation sad for PW, the players and the fans.

3 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Perhaps he still will. And the rest of your post perhaps shows just how hard he's finding the job. I don't disagree with your post but I still find our current situation sad for PW, the players and the fans.

I imagine that the players don't feel quite as sad about Warne's inadequacies as you do though, how does he make them look?

19 minutes ago, Rev said:

Simplify it even further. If we have the ball, the oppostion can't score.

Warne doesn't seem to like doing that though

3 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

The fact is we should be challenging for the top 2, and in that regard it looks like the position is unrecoverable. Finishing top 6 shouldn't be the goal, anything below second is a failure. 

I would understand you if we had finished 3rd or 4th last season, but we finished 7th. So top 6 is a step forward, like it or not.

We finished behind Bolton, Barnsley and Peterborough. Blackpool always looked best placed to compete from the relegated sides. So that’s at least three strong teams we need to outdo. Then you always have teams that surprise and emerge from the pack - this year the two being Portsmouth and Oxford.

Saying anything but 2nd is a failure would be fair if we had a group of players overwhelmingly better than the rest but I don’t see that personally and results tend to back that up unfortunately.

I will admit I've had abit of fun at Paul Warne's expense. Harsh, however I feel more sorry for those poor supporters who have spent a lot of money going away to Cheltenham, Shrewsbury and now Stevenage to watch complete utter dross. It is not big headed, we should be dominating these teams. I keep banging on about how large our budgets are vs the rest of the league, this gives Warne a big advantage to make the team as competitive as possible with all these resources at his disposal. And he's just not getting the maximum out of this squad.

Nearly a third of the way through the season and he's won back to back games once. We cannot build any momentum. It is constantly one step forward and two back. I thought Exeter was going to be the start of playing some really good football, creating changes and finishing lesser teams off comfortably. Today we revert back to a nervy shell of misery. The playoffs aren't far away at this point, then again we are 3 points away from 16th. Absolutely embarrassing and even the most positive of supporters can't hide from this. 

We could play the long game, stick things out and pray for some dramatic change in form where we go on a 5 match winning streak and put us back in the hunt at Christmas. The team is so far away from winning even 3 in a row. We have no idea which Derby is going to turn up on a match day. I really hope something clicks and we power up the league. But deep down in my gut, ever since that Port Vale home defeat awhile ago last season, bar a couple of good matches, I feel this team has been horrible to watch under this manager. No quality, mediocrity now setting in and pretending to play like an underdog with really technical players has not worked.

This manager hasn't got to grips with understanding that you cannot play such pragmatic football when you have such a big budget and expect clapping and cheering when things are going poorly. Evolve your ideas, have some more faith in the players to try and dominate the ball. But he is stuck in his "if it ain't broke don't fix it" ways and now his arrogant attitude in the media interviews is starting to really grind my teeth. I have no more faith in Paul Warne, I'm going for the sake of supporting my club. I won't boo him out of the building. But he has to come up with bright ideas quickly or more supporters will turn on him and not keep their opinions to themselves at the ground. I fear things will turn nasty and this benefits no party involved at the club.

I have had jobs in my life where it wasn't the right fit, I didn't settle in well. Maybe it's the same with PW.

Edited by SSD