Derby County vs Exeter City (H) Match Thread

Idiakez

That was much better, we played controlled football with some nice quick passing and looking after that ball. We also in the main played it on that lovely grass rather than lumping it forward to the opposition. I think Warne is poor, but if that is how he got them playing I can be more tolerant of him. 

On 25/10/2023 at 21:31, mwram1973 said:

Played decent enough, but Exeter must be the worse side I've seen for years.

I wouldn't get too excited over this result, better teams will not allow us to play like that.

One swallow doesn't make a summer.

Yes, perspective certainly needed. Most would acknowledge that we've been generally poor this season (with the exception of the management). 

4 minutes ago, nick_d said:

Whilst the offside was given against Mendez-Laing, it appears that Waghorn may have actually been  offside from the original cross, but no view is conclusive as all views either cut Waghorn or Barkhuizen out of screen. The Derby Debrief on RamsTV shows the view from behind the goal, but cuts Barkhuizen out when he crosses it. Waghorn is in an offside position based on when I think the cross has been played.

Unless I missed it , I didn't see the Collins chance on Rams TV highlights, when he decided to shoot instead of square it to Barkhuizen... is this an example of how Paul Warne protects his players? cause it was more clear cut than a lot of highlights shown on there

Edited by TheRamOfSwad

31 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Blimey, if it was for NML he really does need to go to Specsavers 🥸

Especially as the six yard line was helpfully indicating the position of the players, no VAR line required on this occasion.😉

50 minutes ago, TheRamOfSwad said:

Unless I missed it , I didn't see the Collins chance on Rams TV highlights, when he decided to shoot instead of square it to Barkhuizen... is this an example of how Paul Warne protects his players? cause it was more clear cut than a lot of highlights shown on there

I’d be very surprised if Paul Warne’s role extends to deciding the final edit of Ramstv’s highlights package 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, TheRamOfSwad said:

Given the circumstances and how the move ended up, perhaps it just wasn’t considered to be a ‘highlight’?  Probably more likely than some conspiracy about Warne.  Just think about why a ‘highlight package’ would want to focus on bad play anyway? 

Highlights should just shown the main chances in a game so if there's a glaring obvious opportunity missed i don't see why they wouldn't show it

and I'm not saying Paul is specifically choosing highlights but he definitely chooses different players to do the pre Rams TV interviews so he does care about what is put out and I think he definitely protects his players (weather that's a good or a bad thing) from outside criticism 

Edited by TheRamOfSwad

1 hour ago, TheRamOfSwad said:

Highlights should just shown the main chances in a game so if there's a glaring obvious opportunity missed i don't see why they wouldn't show it

and I'm not saying Paul is specifically choosing highlights but he definitely chooses different players to do the pre Rams TV interviews so he does care about what is put out and I think he definitely protects his players (weather that's a good or a bad thing) from outside criticism 

It wasn't a main chance.

If he'd passed instead of shooting,  it would have been a very good chance.