Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

55 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Surely he can ( and should) speak of "the players" or the"team" not playing well and criticise them, or even use the royal "we". Pretty sure Alex Ferguson did that. The trouble is Warne often thinks we played well when the performance was poor e.g. the away game at Crewe.

Or the royal 'you'?

image.png.9e9dd842f538d76a22b681dba6fe47dc.png

No sign of a teamwork 'we' there.

25 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or the royal 'you'?

image.png.9e9dd842f538d76a22b681dba6fe47dc.png

No sign of a teamwork 'we' there.

How about you listen to, and quote, the whole clip instead of cherry picking this one phrase:

WE give the ball away for their second goal”

”For the next 70 minutes WE didn’t lay a glove on them”

WE didn’t create enough goal scoring opportunities”

11 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

How about you listen to, and quote, the whole clip instead of cherry picking this one phrase:

WE give the ball away for their second goal”

”For the next 70 minutes WE didn’t lay a glove on them”

WE didn’t create enough goal scoring opportunities”

It's also clearly Warne quoting what he was saying to playing staff ahead of a game, of course he said you, he isn't on the pitch playing. I have no idea why he thinks that is a relevant point.

3 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

I'd much rather have beat Barnsley and lost to Crewe than the other way round. We were never going to win the cup, and is our squad strong enough for a cup run anyway? I honestly couldn't care less about this result, and I think the result at the weekend means far more.

It does feel a little bit like the anti-Warne brigade are just waiting for a poor result to set out their usual stall, and the results between don't factor into their thinking- maybe this is harsh? Any mention of ''luck'' or ''results in spite of the manager'' are getting dismissed outright as that's daft, you can't only credit the manager with the negatives and expect to be taken seriously... 

Totally agree with this, but on the flip side, you can't give Warne full credit for games like Barnsley and then not be critical for results last night. It all lands at his door, good or bad. That's the life of a football manager.

Edited by oodledoodle

1 hour ago, BondJovi said:

I see it differently.

I sensed a whole club mentality after the Wolves game. We had two ideal opportunities since to build on that. Particularly Weston. Think how good he felt after the Wolves match. We could easily have given him the last 15 -20 against Barnsley. Then last night, none of those senior players could have any complaints if they got subbed for a youngster. At 3-1 the game was perfectly set for a cup hero, no real pressue, just go out and see if you can get us back in. But no. All that good from the Wolves game wasted. That fire and desire in Weston dampened as he sits and watches players going through the motions. I imagine he feels somewhat deflated.

It just cements my opinion that Warne is not a risk taker and he sees anyone under 21/20 as a risk, with very little trust. For a club with an academy that we have done a lot of work to get back in shape it concerns me greatly.

Couldn't agree more. The moment has gone.

I also think outside of giving the youngsters a run out, it wouldn't have hurt to give the senior players who have played 5 games in 3 weeks a game day off. Fast forward 6 short weeks to Christmas, there's every chance we'll be missing players here and there through injureies that might not have happened if they'd not played every game.

So it's detromental to the development of young players and increases the risk of injury to our senior players, and where did it get us? Losing to Crew over 2 games in the FA Cup first round.

At least they get a break now (assuming they're not running themselves silly in training)

26 minutes ago, Sweetness34 said:

Couldn't agree more. The moment has gone.

I also think outside of giving the youngsters a run out, it wouldn't have hurt to give the senior players who have played 5 games in 3 weeks a game day off. Fast forward 6 short weeks to Christmas, there's every chance we'll be missing players here and there through injureies that might not have happened if they'd not played every game.

So it's detromental to the development of young players and increases the risk of injury to our senior players, and where did it get us? Losing to Crew over 2 games in the FA Cup first round.

At least they get a break now (assuming they're not running themselves silly in training)

Warne said after the game that he promised them extra time off IF they won last night but now they've got to come in for training as usual on Thursday and Friday. 

42 minutes ago, angieram said:

Warne said after the game that he promised them extra time off IF they won last night but now they've got to come in for training as usual on Thursday and Friday. 

There you go then. Proof that there is no losing of the players. They prefer to go in to work with Paul Warne than win the game of football. 😉

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because it is the headline quote. Why do you think headlines are chosen?

The point is that it isn't Warne trying to throw blame on his players, he's telling us what he told the players. You've just skim read a quote without understanding the context and attempted to use it to make your case.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The point is that it isn't Warne trying to throw blame on his players, he's telling us what he told the players. You've just skim read a quote without understanding the context and attempted to use it to make your case.

But it just shows that he's making the case for me. He's the manager of the team. They don't often look like a team. 

The players are the one's in the firing line on the pitch, I'm sure they didn't need him to tell them what they know. Why didn't he fix it? 

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I do find the inconsistency very odd. It either suggests some of the players Warne has brought in aren't up to it, Sonny Bradley for instance, or he can't get a consistent tune out of them which is a whole other problem. 

They seem to be marching to slow slow quick quick slow .

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

They seem to be marching to slow slow quick quick slow .

It's just so bizarre. I really enjoyed the performance against Barnsley, the first game I actually enjoyed watching all season from us live tbh. Then we go and do this and it brings all the old doubts back. 

19 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Losing last night probably cost us £200k or so. Progressing through R1, hope of progressing through R2 and then a third round draw and the benefits of that game.

Instead we lost in front of 3,000 (I have no idea how many were there) to Crewe 😞

About 6.5k . However the 800 Crewe fans made a hell of a noise . Including “Your grounds too big for you , can we play you every week and football in a library “. Us few in the South stand did our best to lift the lads.

50 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But it just shows that he's making the case for me. He's the manager of the team. They don't often look like a team. 

The players are the one's in the firing line on the pitch, I'm sure they didn't need him to tell them what they know. Why didn't he fix it? 

So completely away from the original point for an unrelated Warne moan. Good stuff.