Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Reckon if we all pretend he’s good Rotherham might buy him back?

Putting aside any debate about him being here, whilst he took Rotherham up 3 times, he took them down from the championship 3 times; being already in the championship I’d say they’ve more than tried that route.

Don't think I’d be tempted if I was their owner.

17 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Putting aside any debate about him being here, whilst he took Rotherham up 3 times, he took them down from the championship 3 times; being already in the championship I’d say they’ve more than tried that route.

Don't think I’d be tempted if I was their owner.

Even if some miracle happens, and gets us promoted, he will get us relegated again next season

I think it's fairly clear at this point that he just isn't the right person to lead us to where we need to be. Ipswich spent a bit longer in League One, but they built up with a good young manager and a good style of football and have adapted well to the league above. I have no data to back this up, but generally the pragmatic sides that get up don't seem to adapt as well. 

I did say a while back I'd give him until Christmas. Scarily we're nearly there.

An inability to change tactics

An inability to play to our strengths

No trust in some of the youngsters

Looking like he's losing (lost) some of the dressing room

We're only as high up as we are due to the fact most other teams are absolute tripe. 

Not sure I want to wait until Christmas.

He absolutely needs to go!! 

there’s green shoots every now and then but it’s not enough, the standards at the club should be higher than they are. performances like tonight are unacceptable and unfortunately far too regular.

he’s had a year and the only thing he’s improved is how far we can kick the ball. 

24 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I think it's fairly clear at this point that he just isn't the right person to lead us to where we need to be. Ipswich spent a bit longer in League One, but they built up with a good young manager and a good style of football and have adapted well to the league above. I have no data to back this up, but generally the pragmatic sides that get up don't seem to adapt as well. 

The multi million pound American takeover that Ipswich had also helped.

24 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It's a good point - what the f*** would actually happen if this squad got promoted.....

1 minute ago, oodledoodle said:

The multi million pound American takeover that Ipswich had also helped.

Of course it did, the point is that taking a bit longer and building to a more progressive style of play can be more beneficial in the long run than limping up playing pragmatic football that doesn't work in the league above. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Of course it did, the point is that taking a bit longer and building to a more progressive style of play can be more beneficial in the long run than limping up playing pragmatic football that doesn't work in the league above. 

I don't disagree, I just think Ipswich are a bad example of that. They bought in 15 new players, spent millions in the window, along with some really shrewd loans from top premier league sides.

They also shipped out a load of dead wood from previous managers. 21 players in total left the club.

If we're following the Ipswich model, we need to sack Warne, get rid of almost the entire squad, spend millions on incoming players, get a young manager in his first job from a top side, and gamble massively that it all pays off. They way they went up was very, very Mel Morris-like, they just had the good fortune that it worked.

1 hour ago, oodledoodle said:

If we're following the Ipswich model, we need to sack Warne, get rid of almost the entire squad, spend millions on incoming players, get a young manager in his first job from a top side, and gamble massively that it all pays off. They way they went up was very, very Mel Morris-like, they just had the good fortune that it worked.

Not saying I want us to adopt that model but it wasn't good fortune. They just spent the money better: Mel wasted his. 

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

Ipswich were down in this league for 4 seasons. The first 3 seasons were spent chopping and changing managers finishing outside the playoffs in every single one. Kieran McKenna took them up in his first full season in charge. 

From what I hear from Ipswich fans is that everything changed when he was appointed. The football they were playing last season was amazing. I don't know too much about their playing squad but they've been able to continue their momentum with the step up to the championship. The fact they are joint top of that league is a phenomenal achievement.

Edited by Rammy03

9 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

Once, just once I’d like to see Warne come out and be as absolutely furious as the fans are about the team turning in that sort of performance. The most we get is the odd throwaway remark directed at an individual. Oh for the days of Sir Alex

On the assumption that you're referring to Alex Ferguson, he would never publicly criticise his team.