Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Good point - he’s made an immediate impact with two consecutive home wins and seven goals 

Then there's Dave Challinor at Stockport, top of the table, nearly took them up to league one last season, following promotion from the conference. Across his career, managed 686 games with a 53.6% win ratio.

He was interviewed at Charlton in August so should be willing to come if we want him. Sure he isn't a glamour name but that shouldn't be the metric.

Last season, Stockport were 4 points off automatics, had the highest goal difference (+28, 2nd best defence, 3rd best attack). Won the conference the season previous with 94 points, 6 over Hollywood FC, and a +49 goal difference.

Formation wise, he's a 4312 guy at Stockport, previously 352 at Hartlepool and Fylde. Therefore, we should already have the players to fit into these styles. 

Currently on a 11 game winning win, including beating Hollywood FC 5-0. 

3 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Then there's Dave Challinor at Stockport, top of the table, nearly took them up to league one last season, following promotion from the conference. Across his career, managed 686 games with a 53.6% win ratio.

He was interviewed at Charlton in August so should be willing to come if we want him. Sure he isn't a glamour name but that shouldn't be the metric.

Last season, Stockport were 4 points off automatics, had the highest goal difference (+28, 2nd best defence, 3rd best attack). Won the conference the season previous with 94 points, 6 over Hollywood FC, and a +49 goal difference.

Formation wise, he's a 4312 guy at Stockport, previously 352 at Hartlepool and Fylde. Therefore, we should already have the players to fit into these styles. 

He's someone I've dismissed without really looking into it. But, here's Whoscored's strengths and weaknesses for this season

image.thumb.png.edcd6d83c5bccf5da8a197a0f30d9242.png

The football against Exeter was on the whole pretty good. There was passing and moving and a fluidity that was entertaining. The problem is we dont get any consistancy. Is it the players cant do it against the better teams in league 1 or is it the players are getting different messages each game. For goodness sake, if we are good enough give us some consistant entertaining football. As you said Warne, its not rocket science!!

How many managers realistically last that long after a vote of confidence? 

Vote of confidence usually means 'you have a few more games to turn it around." but in reality it only happens when a team is doing terribly, and that upturn in form seldom comes. 

We have a winnable few games, sadly not all in the league. Only takes one of the forwards to be on form to beat a team like Northampton and ease the situation a bit. 

There should be an even bigger gulf to Crewe (but for a one off I quite fancy them to get a draw.) Wolves in the whocares cup barely counts as a first team fixture. 

Barnsley is a bit of a free pass, so unless we've totally capitulated in the previous 3 then it's all about that next batch of 4 games which are against bang average or poor sides.

All players fully fit, and no excuses to hide behind - if we're still playing like dross and he won't make it past them regardless of what the club says now. 

Never want us to fail, so hope that the run of matches through to December gives us a pretty achievable run of 6 or 7 wins out of 8 and leaves us looking at things more positively. 

Either way it could all fall apart in January as players inevitably move on. Need to not only stay in the hunt until then, but also line up some decent replacements to come in and make an immediate impact. 

A window like last January with mediocre loans and we're stuffed. Let's get some deals agreed in principle both in and out before that.

2 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

It says he’s safe till January so that’s not closer they’ve basically said put up with it. It wouldn’t be knee jerk either it’s. It like it’s only happening. Ow where we’ve gone backwards and it’s dull. It’s been like this since march and instead of using the summer to add and go again and improve we’ve gone the other way 

Of course they'll say that - that has to be the plan if they're not sacking him immediately.

They can't say "we want to sack him, we're just keeping him until we find a suitable replacement but shhhh nobody tell him," if that were the case.

Nor could they publicly - officially, or via talking to local journalists - give anything other than a vote of confidence. You can't say you're planning to sack a manager. You either back or sack.

But usually, these public votes of confidence foreshadow a sacking.

How often do you see boards publicly back a struggling manager who then turns it around and leads to success? 

13 minutes ago, WilkoRam said:

If the football is poor and boring then the atmosphere is likely to be negative and why shouldn’t it. Why should we accept paying money to be bored and frustrated for 90mins?

Me be here.

If the club don't want to change then they will get the reduced gates that will result. Football is a form of entertainment and we pay to go to the games. If it's not appealing to do that people will stop going - sorry, but this 'follow your club through hell and high water' I don't really buy into. Happy to clap on a bad performance, happy to give applause if the team have given their best but come up short. But here and now, today, we are less than is acceptable for a club of our stature - that's not being aloof or snobby but in League One that is a fact.

I'd love for Derby to be delivering but at the moment they simply aren't - the team are spineless and the management team appears completely out of their depth. And, sorry, but I'm not paying (inc. trains, beers and pies) to watch a spineless team flounder around under instruction from leaders who clearly are lost.

Edited by BaaLocks

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Yes, I do agree there are firestarters and when I go to away games (which is pretty regularly) there are some foul-mouthed gobshites who are absolutely toxic - and were when we were riding high in the Championship too! 

It seems to be hip these days to criticise, or even to sit back and wait to be entertained. Support seems a lot less "active" than it used to be. 

The season before Covid I had a ST  in the North Stand Lower, A few seats away from us was a Derby fan who took delight in hammering anyone who played on the pitch,  He was told by several fans to calm down...even when we were winning, It got that bad that someone complained...he wasn't abusive just fecking irritating, We never saw him again,  I guess a letter was sent..and a warning given🤷‍♂️

Those that go away who are a problem are those that have to much ale with a little coke thrown in 😉

11 minutes ago, WilkoRam said:

I don’t agree with this idea that it’s now our turn to get behind them and cheer them on.

I’m sure we all got into football because it’s an entertaining game. We pay money (be that for a ticket and cost of travel or travelling to far off places to be able to pay for RamsTV) which many of us struggle with at the minute, in order to go and be entertained and have that enjoyment. 

The players, manager, coaches, etc get paid well to provide that entertainment. It’s not on us to mindlessly cheer each week, it’s for them to give us something to cheer about. We’ll sing and cheer and bounce if we’re entertained but it comes from them in my view. That has been missing recently, the entertainment has gone!

If the football is poor and boring then the atmosphere is likely to be negative and why shouldn’t it. Why should we accept paying money to be bored and frustrated for 90mins?

Criticising the team and supporting them during the game aren't mutually exclusive. 

I really believe we're awful at the moment, and when I go to Pride Park, I don't want to become an obstacle to the team peforming when their lack of fitness or talent is already a huge one. Supporting the team the team is the entertainment for me, and I'm not going to get any more entertainment by getting on their backs. The whole point of home advantage is to give the players something they can't get without us being there.

It's just the way in England that most fanbases respond to the team rather than the other way round, but the one time it was the team responding to the support from the fans was 2021/22. We nearly kept a team of sixth formers and pensioners in the Championship with a 21 point deduction with our support.

19 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

His wikipedia makes for very impressive reading, across a number of clubs too.

3 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Criticising the team and supporting them during the game aren't mutually exclusive. 

I really believe we're awful at the moment, and when I go to Pride Park, I don't want to become an obstacle to the team peforming when their lack of fitness or talent is already a huge one. Supporting the team the team is the entertainment for me, and I'm not going to get any more entertainment by getting on their backs. The whole point of home advantage is to give the players something they can't get without us being there.

It's just the way in England that most fanbases respond to the team rather than the other way round, but the one time it was the team responding to the support from the fans was 2021/22. We nearly kept a team of sixth formers and pensioners in the Championship with a 21 point deduction with our support.

I’m not saying they’re mutually exclusive. People can criticise on here and then support during the game. I’m saying the cheering and singing isn’t unconditional. I’ve never booed at a game, even the most turgid of matches, but I’ve also not cheered and sung during them because what am I cheering? You’ve bored me for 90 mins and I’ve cheered you on for doing it?

support is one thing but if you want me to cheer and you want me to sing your name then give me something to sing about, don’t just expect that it will always be there. Earn it, earn that praise, that support, that backing. Earn it by putting on a display that makes me want to come and watch week in week out.

19 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

So there was a meeting…

found this an interesting comment in the article;

The club also has plans to appoint a chairman and executive and non-executive members to the board who have footballing and sporting backgrounds.

That was also in The Athletic article from a couple of days ago.

I’ll be there tomorrow cheering them on because once again I’ll go into it believing this is the match that turns things around. 

I don’t hold much hope for it but I have to stick with it. 

I don’t think this statement changes anything tbh. I think he’ll still be gone by Christmas if things don’t pick up. 

22 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

So there was a meeting…

...."It was a really good meeting," he said. "It was organised a bit a go and I went round to his house at the weekend. It was about what difficulties I am finding, how they can help me and what I was hoping to do in the transfer window.

"But as weeks have gone by, and it's not like we didn't know prior to the window shutting, it's become evident that we need to change a few things in the team to be successful is the best way to put it. It was a lot about that, the structure of the club, how we see the next couple of windows. it was a lot of that and a general chit chat and I showed David and Stephen some of the clips from the game on Saturday.

"I've always been candid and if David wanted it, I would show him every week all the good bits, this isn't so good and these are my frustrations. It was good and I enjoyed it. I stopped at Starbucks and bumped into a Derby fan and thought I was going to get pelters. He was really nice to me then I met another Derby fan in David Clowes. That was the meeting in a nutshell really."

This is us not Man Utd!

"Rangnick came to some pretty clear conclusions, his first public assessment coming in March 2022, just before a 4-1 defeat at Manchester City.

What is obvious, not only with Manchester City but also with Liverpool, is they have had continuity and consistency with their head coach, have a very clear identity and a clear idea of how they want to play," he said.

This idea is the headline for everything that happens in the club. This is the secret behind their success. It is what all the top clubs in Europe have in common. It is something that Manchester United needs to develop and improve in the next couple of years."

What will our 'continuity and consistency with their head coach, have a very clear identity and a clear idea of how they want to play' be with Warne at the head?

Edited by RoyMac5

I really wonder what the Warne Outers actually want to happen. 
Obviously most want Warne sacked. I think we know that means his “team of staff” will also have to go and all be paid off. 
So then what? Appoint a rookie like eg Curtis Davies or experienced manager? (Like Warne ironically). How long a contract? Will we allow them to complete their contract? How soon do we “expect” promotion? 
People keep clamouring for more change and yet “change” has hardly ever delivered results. We sacked Roy Mac and appointed TBE. that DID work but not before loads of fans wanted him sacked by September. 
So now lease one of the vocal Warne outers WTF do you want to happen right now. 

1 minute ago, Eatonram said:

Obviously most want Warne sacked. I think we know that means his “team of staff” will also have to go and all be paid off. 
So then what? Appoint a rookie like eg Curtis Davies or experienced manager? (Like Warne ironically). How long a contract? Will we allow them to complete their contract? How soon do we “expect” promotion? 
People keep clamouring for more change and yet “change” has hardly ever delivered results. We sacked Roy Mac and appointed TBE. that DID work but not before loads of fans wanted him sacked by September. 

I'm not one of the more vocal Warne Outers, but I would get rid, bring in a DoF or equivalent and hire an up and coming manager that plays progressive football.

6 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

I don’t think it matters if they’re a rookie or experienced. What matters is we have a good philosophy throughout the club. A joined up way of playing throughout all of the age groups. A philosophy that allows the fans to see a plan and see something that resembles entertainment. 
Nobody expects us to breeze through each game and walk the league but we want something to get behind and something that shows there’s a long term plan for the identity of the team.