Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

33 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Got to love the number of 'I'm all for stability but...blah blah blah....sack the manager....' posts on this thread.

Sticking with a manager that is demonstrating that he can't get the job done is potentially just as damaging as making overly frequent changes.

Stability with the right person in charge is what we want. Sticking with a bad manager for the sake of stability is not. 

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well thats completely subjective.

For me unless you're staring relegation in the face I don't think its too much to ask for a manager to be given a whole season with his own players.

We're in League One for f*cks sake! We've just taken one point off of Cheltenham, Shrewsbury and Stevenage in recent weeks... do you think that's good enough?

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Sticking with a manager that is demonstrating that he can't get the job done is potentially just as damaging as making overly frequent changes.

Stability with the right person in charge is what we want. Sticking with a bad manager for the sake of stability is not. 

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of the word stability?

2 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

We're in League One for f*cks sake! We've just taken one point off of Cheltenham, Shrewsbury and Stevenage in recent weeks... do you think that's good enough?

No, we are also only 14 games into a 46 game season, incidentally which Warne has yet to have even close to a full squad to pick from.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Neither is sacking a manager after 12 games with his own signings. Not to mention the cost of that!

Going back to the original point though, it's no more stable to continue with an unpopular manager through dwindling attendances then it is to replace them and try something new. 

I'd imagine from a cost stand point, the lost revenue of a 4000-5000 drop in fans would soon end up costing us much more than paying Warne and his entourage and parting ways. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Going back to the original point though, it's no more stable to continue with an unpopular manager through dwindling attendances then it is to replace them and try something new. 

I'd imagine from a cost stand point, the lost revenue of a 4000-5000 drop in fans would soon end up costing us much more than paying Warne and his entourage and parting ways. 

Crowds won't drop 4 or 5 thousand.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of the word stability?

Don't be condescending, especially when you are ignoring the point I was making.

Keeping a manager that is taking the club backwards isn't stability, it's embarking upon a managed decline.

If Warne was meeting the expectations set out by the club, and the expectations he set out for himself when he joined the club the calls for stability and patience would make sense. He is currently failing on both counts.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No, we are also only 14 games into a 46 game season, incidentally which Warne has yet to have even close to a full squad to pick from.

Yes, and we're on exactly the same points as last season. Even with his own squad. How have we made 0 improvement? Isn't that what Warne is paid to do?