Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Yes, and we're on exactly the same points as last season. Even with his own squad. How have we made 0 improvement? Isn't that what Warne is paid to do?

We lost our top goalscorer because he wanted to play for his boyhood club. 

And we lost our best young talent because he wanted to play at a higher level. 

They had to be replaced by free signings on, what I would presume to be, lower wages.

5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Don't be condescending, especially when you are ignoring the point I was making.

Keeping a manager that is taking the club backwards isn't stability, it's embarking upon a managed decline.

If Warne was meeting the expectations set out by the club, and the expectations he set out for himself when he joined the club the calls for stability and patience would make sense. He is currently failing on both counts.

The club is in pretty much the same position as when he started except he has brought in a transfer fee and a big saving on Knights wages.

I think targets are set over a season, not 14 matches into it.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

We lost our top goalscorer because he wanted to play for his boyhood club. 

And we lost our best young talent because he wanted to play at a higher level. 

They had to be replaced by free signings on, what I would presume to be, lower wages.

Shouldn't with his coaching and the fact he was allowed to sign players that almost all came from teams that finished above us in the pyramid yield a return of at least being a few points ahead of where we were last time? It's also in my opinion (the data also will back it up) a weaker division. 

2 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Look at who's in the team... it's full of Championship experience.

Who's the better midfield on paper? Smith, Hourihane, NML, Bird and Barkhuizen or Burns, Freeman, Macdonald, List and Roberts (Stevenage's midfield at the weekend). To me there's a huge gulf there!

Yet for all of their Championship experience they ended up at a League One club.

How many times have you watched the Stevenage midfield play out of interest?

Or is it just a case of we are Derby County, our players must be better than theirs?

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Shouldn't with his coaching and the fact he was allowed to sign players that almost all came from teams that finished above us in the pyramid yield a return of at least being a few points ahead of where we were last time? It's also in my opinion (the data also will back it up) a weaker division. 

When players are dropping down the leagues and it isn't because of money then thats usually a sign of something...

Yet for all of their Championship experience they ended up at a League One club.

How many times have you watched the Stevenage midfield play out of interest?

Or is it just a case of we are Derby County, our players must be better than theirs?

I watch a lot of EFL and non-league football (including Stevenage... even if only once in person in Feb away at Stockport when I was working up in Manchester for a few weeks). I was also a scout for a number of years.

Anyway, it's becoming increasingly obvious we're never going to see eye-to-eye, so I'll wish you a good evening.

15 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Sorry…..BT gave some of us some hope. Not to be the case. Never mind 🥲

To be fare to both MR and BT, BT said there was a meeting which there was, He threw in things haven't been good for weeks and a new manager could be incoming

MR said there was no meeting...so in all I'd give them both a 👏👍

2 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

I watch a lot of EFL and non-league football (including Stevenage... even if only once in person in Feb away at Stockport when I was working up in Manchester for a few weeks). I was also a scout for a number of years.

Anyway, it's becoming increasingly obvious we're never going to see eye-to-eye, so I'll wish you a good evening.

What's your opinion of how Warne is setting the team out and who he's signing - seriously I'm interested.

Just now, The Last Post said:

To be fare to both MR and BT, BT said there was a meeting which there was, He threw in things haven't been good for weeks and a new manager could be incoming

MR said there was no meeting...so in all I'd give them both a 👏👍

Oh well remembered - I think BT takes it as he said (sort of) no sacking yet.

Just now, Andicis said:

Give me a break. We're not little hard up Derby County. We probably have 3-4 times the budget of the lower half of the league. If you're insinuating Warne signed crap players, that's because he chose poorly. 

No we are Derby County that are have been under restrictions, whether imposed by the EFL or new owner, ever since Warne has been here.

The sooner people remember to consider this, the sooner they may realise that we don't have a team of world beaters.

FWIW I still think we should have made the play offs last season and still think we should this season.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The club is in pretty much the same position as when he started except he has brought in a transfer fee and a big saving on Knights wages.

I think targets are set over a season, not 14 matches into it.

A point I'd be willing to concede were it not for the fact we've been inconsistent for a long time, going back to February/March last year. In my mind this isn't a problem isolated to this season. I understand that Warne inherited a squad from someone else, but worryingly he was getting more out of that squad early on in his tenure than he's getting out of a squad he has had a hand in building over the summer. All the trends appear to be heading the wrong way.

No we are Derby County that are have been under restrictions, whether imposed by the EFL or new owner, ever since Warne has been here.

The sooner people remember to consider this, the sooner they may realise that we don't have a team of world beaters.

FWIW I still think we should have made the play offs last season and still think we should this season.

Clowes was quoted at saying we had a competitive budget. I daresay he wasn't implying we would be competitive for 8th place but towards the top 3-4. 

I don't expect a team full of world beaters. We should be beating clubs with much lower budgets than us, and if we aren't it's the manager's fault. He signed them. 

If we get in the playoffs, the only way it can be considered a success for Warne is if we come in 3rd or 4th and then win them. Limping in 6th and going out in the playoffs would be unequivocally a failure.