Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

Well, that's me staying at home then. I cannot justify the expense of going to matches to be served up that awful, uninspiring football. It's like spending £100 for a Greggs pasty.

It'll not make a blind bit of notice to the club if I go or not, but at least I can spend some money on DIY jobs I've been putting off.

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Only thing I'd say:

If Warne manages to turn this season around, will those that have called for his head already not feel a bit ashamed? Not the people just being critical, but actively calling for him to be sacked. I'm not best impressed either at the minute, but I'd feel a bit stupid if I jumped to the extreme of vocally calling for the manager to be sacked, and he then did alright... Dunno, it just feels like a 'past the point of no return' thing to me where once you've said it, you can't take it back, and if you're wrong, you don't have much right to celebrate the success?

This isn't me saying I think Warne is the right man for the job or anything, just that there's still time for this season to be successful and I don't think we're too far gone just yet.

A bit silly perhaps but you’d have to take yourself quite seriously to feel ashamed at it.

4 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I think some are overreacting to what's essentially a message saying "we haven't sacked him yet."

If anything, it makes it closer to him going. Club sources never tell you someone's job is safe when the team is doing well, because that's obvious. When they feel the need to say it, it's because they feel compelled to say something.

Also serves as a pre-text if they do sack him, it's not a knee-jerk reaction and they've really thought about it.

That would be the case but for the allusion to strengthening in the January window.

10 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Only thing I'd say:

If Warne manages to turn this season around, will those that have called for his head already not feel a bit ashamed? Not the people just being critical, but actively calling for him to be sacked. I'm not best impressed either at the minute, but I'd feel a bit stupid if I jumped to the extreme of vocally calling for the manager to be sacked, and he then did alright... Dunno, it just feels like a 'past the point of no return' thing to me where once you've said it, you can't take it back, and if you're wrong, you don't have much right to celebrate the success?

This isn't me saying I think Warne is the right man for the job or anything, just that there's still time for this season to be successful and I don't think we're too far gone just yet.

I know what you're saying, but the concerns and reasons for thinking it's best he's removed from his position are about far more than what happens this season.

Edited by Kokosnuss

Very disappointed to see the vote of confidence. If we continue to perform as we are, I think the atmosphere will just get more toxic and he'll have to go but we'll have wasted more time in the process, and lost our only playing assets.

My expectation is we're as likely to go down into League Two as up to the Championship if we keep Warne. But the most likely is League One through to the end of his contract, by which time there'll be a hard core of up to 15k at Pride Park. 

9 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I think some are overreacting to what's essentially a message saying "we haven't sacked him yet."

If anything, it makes it closer to him going. Club sources never tell you someone's job is safe when the team is doing well, because that's obvious. When they feel the need to say it, it's because they feel compelled to say something.

Also serves as a pre-text if they do sack him, it's not a knee-jerk reaction and they've really thought about it.

It says he’s safe till January so that’s not closer they’ve basically said put up with it. It wouldn’t be knee jerk either it’s. It like it’s only happening. Ow where we’ve gone backwards and it’s dull. It’s been like this since march and instead of using the summer to add and go again and improve we’ve gone the other way 

5 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

f*** that.

That's lower than our current ppg of 1.5. 

At a bear minimum I'd be demanding 10 points. Looking at the opposition that should be eminently possible.

Spot on. At 1.5 a pop, that's 69 points for the season. Not top 6 material.

We've given plenty of teams a head start. We need to start reeling them in or the gaps will slowly but surely grow.

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Only thing I'd say:

We're currently averaging 1.5 points per game which will have us around the bottom edges of the play-offs.

To get autos we probably need to average 2 points a game over the season which requires approx 2.2 points per game from now on.

If he gets that, there will certainly be lavish amounts of humble pie eaten but no shame.

People are commenting on the points, style of play and post-substitution chaos to date.....and actually from about Feb this year.

I've gone from 'Warne in' to 'not bothered if he goes' to 'disappointed he hasn't gone' but will happily tel him to his face that "I thought you were doing badly after 14 games and, at the time, was disappointed you weren't replaced" at the end of season promotion party if it happens.

I read this as Clowes not having having a knee jerk reaction to fans anger. Things have turned ugly in recent weeks but he's not going to let that dictate his decision making yet. Sounds courageous and wise. Have our fan base been conditioned by years of Mel Morris impulsiveness? Quite possibly. A lot of comments on here sound like threats of toxic atmosphere should be driving change. 

Clowes has repeatedly told us his values and so this response should surprise noone.

So, we've got problems atm and perhaps we're trying to work through them rather than tearing everything up. I'm rather proud that he is not treating employees with total contempt.

I'm concerned of course like most, but it's not necessarily naivety or wilfull blindness to show support to a manager when things get tough.

Win a few games and we'll feel better. It's always the way.

I find all the "oh my god we're heading to league 2" stuff a bit over the top.

Worst case is middling league 1 club until warne finally has his bobble hat removed.

Best case is an unexpected complete turn around in fiom and style. (I don't hold much hope of that one)

Most likely case is we get "a bit" better over time and finish top 6 because we're for sure below what we should be right now. not making the top 6 would be bad, but the world won't end.

I remember the squealing about getting rid of Nigel Clough (Scunthorpe 4-1 at home rings a bell) and we came through that.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It changed back a few years ago. Can't remember where or when exactly.

I think it was a ssm rushism to give tickets sold rather than people in the ground and it was some time after he left we shifted back, but I've no idea what we currently use. There's a few clubs do the "tickets sold" thing but I don't think it's that common and it does seem a cheap trick.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Win a few games and we'll feel better. It's always the way.

I find all the "oh my god we're heading to league 2" stuff a bit over the top.

Worst case is middling league 1 club until warne finally has his bobble hat removed.

Best case is an unexpected complete turn around in fiom and style. (I don't hold much hope of that one)

Most likely case is we get "a bit" better over time and finish top 6 because we're for sure below what we should be right now. not making the top 6 would be bad, but the world won't end.

I remember the squealing about getting rid of Nigel Clough (Scunthorpe 4-1 at home rings a bell) and we came through that.

A fair comparison, the only thing I would say is that we wasn’t in the hunt for promotion back then. 

Every dropped point or goal scored against us now is going to feel like a stab to the heart. 

Also I wonder how the players feel about this? They may be in full support and have contempt for us fans. But the reaction isn’t going to be nice for them whenever they drop the ball.

Some (so called) supporters are verging on hysterical in their attempts to get Warne sacked. Will we never learn? How many times must we go down this road of appointing, losing patience, sacking a whole team of coaching staff at great expense to start the cycle off all again. If you can’t support the Club just 14 months after near extinction, even if in gratitude to David Clowes then frankly I think you should stay away (put politely) 

5 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Some (so called) supporters are verging on hysterical in their attempts to get Warne sacked. Will we never learn? How many times must we go down this road of appointing, losing patience, sacking a whole team of coaching staff at great expense to start the cycle off all again. If you can’t support the Club just 14 months after near extinction, even if in gratitude to David Clowes then frankly I think you should stay away (put politely) 

I agree with your first point. Though I continue to hope Warne will just accept defeat and walk away, I do wonder whether we're capable of pivoting from dissatisfaction with his style and results, to unrealistic demands of anyone who comes in, just because we're massive (relatively speaking) and deserve better than another minute in League One.

Where I disagree is in your last point. I am grateful to David Clowes and accept he has the right to make whatever decision he sees fit. Personally, I think it's the wrong decision and hope he doesn't find out the hard way - the next few games will be "interesting" in terms of how fans respond to results. But aren't you conflating "supporting the club" with refraining from any expression of negative comment about the current management team? Perhaps you think that all we need is patience and it will all come good. If so, that's your opinion, but I'm not automatically less of a supporter if it isn't mine too.

45 minutes ago, PrideParkhead said:

I'm boycotting games & merchandise till he's gone. Hopefully more fans will do the same. Clowes showing a complete lack of awareness by doubling down on this loser & his henchmen. Gutted 🙈

I just can’t be assed to go anymore I’d choose a full day of private tuition then sat freezing in a piss wet through stand , to see drivel and spend 45 minutes trying to get out of Pride Park.