Owner Statement please

FindernRam

Mr Clowes is patently not an attention seeker like the previous owner. However the occasional utterance to supporters would be nice. Just to let us know how he regards the progress the club is making as we approach the quarter way point in the season. How he regards the finances, the state of the team, confidence in the manager, position on new investors, 5 year plan etc.

4 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Mr Clowes is patently not an attention seeker like the previous owner. However the occasional utterance to supporters would be nice. Just to let us know how he regards the progress the club is making as we approach the quarter way point in the season. How he regards the finances, the state of the team, confidence in the manager, position on new investors, 5 year plan etc.

Maybe, after all the Mel Madness, he thinks it would be better to just sit back and let the football people get on with the football?

Seems like a good idea to me.

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

This sounds like an end of season statement, not one for October. 

Not sure I've ever seen another club release anything of the kind, think we should avoid the demands for statements.

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Maybe, after all the Mel Madness, he thinks it would be better to just sit back and let the football people get on with the football?

Seems like a good idea to me.

Good idea. Clowes should stick to his guns, but also start going into the dressing room after a defeat to give the players a piece of his mind!

2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Unfortunately he isn't going to come out and say "I thought Paul would be here for the long term and would be good for the club but looks like I got it completely wrong, just waiting for Neil to return my calls".

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

Get where you're coming from and there's prob not one of us who isn't frustrated with how things are going, despite being grateful for having a club etc etc, blah blah. 

But I don't think it's the time for public statements. I have no doubt DC will be having a word in PW's shell-like; he may even have given him some ultimatums, but none of that is for our ears. 

Results speak for themselves, and I don't think it'll be too long before DC takes action if we continue to drift away from top 6. Time will tell. As it is, we're still just 3 points off 3rd in reality which sounds bizarre now I say it. 

I think the chances of DC issuing such a statement is remote in the extreme and probably pointless. We could all probably guess at the answers:

Finances: We are continuing to operate within the agreed business plan

State of the team: He'd probably say something like it's still a work in progress and the coaching/recruitment team is constantly looking at ways to improve it 

Confidence in the manager: Do you really think he would say anything other than he remains confident that PW is the right man and he still has his full support?

New Investors: He isn't going to divulge much, if anything, in this respect. He would probably just give some kind of blanket response that the club is always open to developing new funding partners. I suspect what you mean is - is there any progress in selling the club if that's his intention. He aint going to answer that

5 year plan: He'd probably say we have a four year plan that is regularly reviewed and we remain on track.

I suspect you are fishing for answers you're not going to get: The team isn't good enough, my confidence in PW is waning a little, I intend to sell the club on/I won't be selling the club on anytime soon.

24 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I think the chances of DC issuing such a statement is remote in the extreme and probably pointless. We could all probably guess at the answers:

Finances: We are continuing to operate within the agreed business plan

State of the team: He'd probably say something like it's still a work in progress and the coaching/recruitment team is constantly looking at ways to improve it 

Confidence in the manager: Do you really think he would say anything other than he remains confident that PW is the right man and he still has his full support?

New Investors: He isn't going to divulge much, if anything, in this respect. He would probably just give some kind of blanket response that the club is always open to developing new funding partners. I suspect what you mean is - is there any progress in selling the club if that's his intention. He aint going to answer that

5 year plan: He'd probably say we have a four year plan that is regularly reviewed and we remain on track.

I suspect you are fishing for answers you're not going to get: The team isn't good enough, my confidence in PW is waning a little, I intend to sell the club on/I won't be selling the club on anytime soon.

That will do for me D C.

My take is that statements from the ownership should really only be at the conclusion or start of the season unless there is a pressing need related to the structure/integrity/organisation/unforeseen issues with "the club" - there are times when that may be necessary (e.g. an issue with the league)

the operations side can come through the usual channels of manager, club media, etc.

5 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Honestly? It sounds like your mixing up his role as the club owner and a fan ( which he also is ) perhaps giving a regular opinion on a forum like this , can’t for the life of me see any need for him to give marks so far on paul warne in public 🤷🏻‍♂️