Derby v Blackpool (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

Cracking result, not many teams will go there and turn them over. Thought we sat back and invited too much pressure though and feared the worst when they eventually did breach our back line. 

Shows what I know, we sucker punched 'em with a third. Thought Fornah was excellent. In fact all the starting midfield put in a great shift. Birdy will get even better as his match fitness returns.

A big shout out to Wildsmith too. His save from Rhodes in the 1st half was world class and gave us a platform to go on and win the game. Had that gone in the game could have gone in a completely different direction. 

Warne has deffo improved our defence this season with the additions of Nelson and Nyambe, both looked excellent again tonight, Nelson is a man mountain of a man, and is looking a great partner for Cashin , also Nyambe looks solid ,is quick and reads the game so well, they say all good managers build from the back, and our defence is looking very good this season, best in the division for me. 

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

If this is your mindset after an away win, scoring 3 goals and being a point off the playoffs with a game in hand I dread to think what your state of mind would have been if we'd lost........

....and if your mindset after win is to prove exactly that the poster was saying, then bully for you but I think most people have you figured out by now.

https://bridgetomoscow.com/curious-fact-the-biggest-bell-in-the-world

main-qimg-3abc18fa1cdc27a2458cbf8630261b

Edited by Kokosnuss

At the risk of being labelled a party-pooper, it’s fair to say Blackpool were pretty dreadful. They left Derby room to play.

However, play they did. So frustrating that we have the ability to play a slick passing game, but so often get caught up in safety first mode.

Get the footballers in, let them pass, and we will fly up this league.

8 hours ago, Tombo said:

He's just said on the radio two absolutely astounding things.

"We only have two or three players at the club with electric pace [...] who can play counter attacking football"

"If we played like that at Pride Park we'd get booed off at half time"

Why does he have to ruin every good moment he manages to create?

The players get clapped off the pitch at full time every single game at Pride Park. Half time, there would not have been booing if we had played that first half where we kept it tight and then created some good chances.

Why does he treat the fans of this club with such utter disdain and contempt every time he speaks?

Oh, at a guess, I’d say it’s because that’s how they treat him 

6 hours ago, angieram said:

Just got in. Thank you all for an entertaining read on the way home.

Not as entertaining as the game, though.

I might just go to away games only for the rest of the season! 

You deserve it angie, I was so thankful under Rooney that i never went to away games. Now the opposite, I only get to see the poo shows we put on at home.  

The starting line up may have looked too defensive for some, but we had some good players on the bench and that was decisive in the end. And Korey Smith well I must admit I almost gave up on him. With Fornah in the team I wasn't sure Smith gives enough going forward. Scoring last night (at last) helps a lot.