11 Points

Day

26 minutes ago, Ilkestonian said:

So this is turning into another Warne out thread too!!!! And there I was thinking it was about our Premiership record - silly me!

To be fair, the post you’re referring to was from nearly a week ago. Poor @REDCAR was trying to bring it back on track, then you brought warne up again.

anyway, do we reckon getting wilder back will gain them a point of two more, or will he be their Jewell and take them backwards (if that’s possible). 

7 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

To be fair, the post you’re referring to was from nearly a week ago. Poor @REDCAR was trying to bring it back on track, then you brought warne up again.

anyway, do we reckon getting wilder back will gain them a point of two more, or will he be their Jewell and take them backwards (if that’s possible). 

Oops I'd not noticed that so, sorry and apologies to all - as for our record, as always I'm hoping it goes this season, not sure Wilder is the man to save them, or get them more than 11 points but at the end of the day it's never going to be a total that's too far out of reach - we were truly rubbish that year but hope lingers on that one day someone will do worse🤞

1 hour ago, Ilkestonian said:

Oops I'd not noticed that so, sorry and apologies to all - as for our record, as always I'm hoping it goes this season, not sure Wilder is the man to save them, or get them more than 11 points but at the end of the day it's never going to be a total that's too far out of reach - we were truly rubbish that year but hope lingers on that one day someone will do worse🤞

I bet they’ll get to the last 4 games of the season, and then win them all. That’d be just our luck. 

On 20/10/2023 at 13:35, jono said:

Well, I am a Warne in man. Not because he’s a genius, not because I like 3 at the back and flogging aging wide players to play the full length of the pitch. Not because sometimes he seems inflexible.

I am Warne in because we have all been too impatient in recent times. Because he talks as straight as he is able to, without betraying confidences that he has to keep. That despite some bumps, he has engendered a team sprit. He wants to win, never knowingly plays for a draw, likes using width of the pitch. Has probably done as well as anyone attainable for us could have done. The injuries we have had have been very unlucky. …. And biggest of all he deserves a chance over the length of his contract without constantly having to look over his shoulder in case he’s going to get tripped by his own fans.
Question him ? Yes. Put him on the spot Yes ! Undermine him in the considered way that some seem to revel in no.

The football is ok with some ups and downs. Still lots to do, isn’t perfect but I am fed up with manager merry go round. Unless we look threatened by relegation he gets my full support at least to the end of the season and maybe beyond. 

Do you still support him until the end of the season? Midtable and horrible football  doesn't reach the minimum standards for us.

4 hours ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Do you still support him until the end of the season? Midtable and horrible football  doesn't reach the minimum standards for us.

Off topic, where’s that ban hammer.

Warne got us past the 11 pt mark some time ago, so we can’t possibly beat our own record. Anything else is a discussion for another thread. There are about 27 to choose from.

This is for stupid optimists who believe someone else might one day be worse than us. 

Although, technically in that season, only 19 teams in England and wales were better than us, and hundreds of others in the pyramid were worse than us (including Forest). This season, 52 teams are currently better than us (including Forest). So we’re currently a lot worse than ‘the worst team in history’. I suppose you could make that point. 

On 28/10/2023 at 20:17, MackworthRamIsGod said:

How about now?

Nothing has changed. That is my position. Part of that position includes an emergency clause when relegation is threatened. But while we remain broadly competitive in the league, kind of mid table, then Warne has a contract and a plan to fulfill. If as it enters its final year we are still looking bang average then he’s failed and we need to look elsewhere. Rome took a while to build

On 29/10/2023 at 03:26, Marriot Ram99 said:

Who’s “us” ?

Warne has a contract. We need to look like we are achieving targets before it ends, but unless relegation is threatening then yes 100% I support him and indeed in to next season. 

1 minute ago, jono said:

Who’s “us” ?

Warne has a contract. We need to look like we are achieving targets before it ends, but unless relegation is threatening then yes 100% I support him and indeed in to next season. 

Why do you only support him at certain times, either he's good or he's not?

I’d be annoyed if someone took the record off us. I’ve got used to it. I quite like it. We had a midtable championship side in the division above with the biggest load of bad luck possible. A perfect storm. 

We were better than 11 points over the course of that season. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why do you only support him at certain times, either he's good or he's not?

He has a 4 year contract with the goal of establishing us in the championship. This is entirely possible from where we are now

If relegation from league 1 is looking possible then he will be failing to meet those targets and more importantly, unlikely to recover. We are not in that position. 

He has my support for those reasons.

3 hours ago, jono said:

He has a 4 year contract with the goal of establishing us in the championship. This is entirely possible from where we are now

If relegation from league 1 is looking possible then he will be failing to meet those targets and more importantly, unlikely to recover. We are not in that position. 

And because he managed to get us past 11 pts. 

On 31/10/2023 at 21:42, jono said:

The next two transfer windows are critical and Warne will probably have to roll the dice to get the players who will be success under his style of management. If he has to sign the rest of the Rotherham team to get DCFC promoted to the championship, so be it 🙂. Doing nothing does not seem to be a good option. 

Edited by europia

On 31/10/2023 at 19:00, IlsonDerby said:

I’d be annoyed if someone took the record off us. I’ve got used to it. I quite like it. We had a midtable championship side in the division above with the biggest load of bad luck possible. A perfect storm. 

We were better than 11 points over the course of that season. 

I agree with all but the last sentence, we really weren't. And we made so much of our bad luck as well which did, as you say, manifest a perfect storm of ineptitude.

But, in many ways, it was one of the more memorable seasons of my football supporting life.

40 minutes ago, europia said:

The next two transfer windows are critical and Warne will probably have to roll the dice to get the players who will be success under his style of management. If he has to sign the rest of the Rotherham team to get DCFC promoted to the championship, so be it 🙂. Doing nothing does not seem to be a good option. 

But anyway. 11pts. That was s*** wasn’t it?

The 11 point season was worth it just for the street party around Euston station and the late train journey back to Derby after the play off final win......we emptied all the local off licencies for a half a mile radius and danced and sang along Euston road for hours. Bottles of champagne (well, mostly cheap fizz tbh) popping everywhere, we even got the old bill joining in the songs at one point.