11 Points

Day

12 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

The 11 point season was worth it just for the street party around Euston station and the late train journey back to Derby after the play off final win......we emptied all the local off licencies for a half a mile radius and danced and sang along Euston road for hours. Bottles of champagne (well, mostly cheap fizz tbh) popping everywhere, we even got the old bill joining in the songs at one point.

We were down for the weekend, Holed up at the Sons place in Enfield Wash, Others at BnBs and hotels close by, The Red Lion on the high street was where we all met, Locals were shocked when around 30 Derby fans male/females turned up the night before the game, It was a Spurs boozer, Sausage sarnies and beer was flowing...war stories galore 😁

After the game we all headed for central London not sure where as this was the Sons job, Then back to his and more ale, I was fecked so I went to bed...A great nights kip was had...I think☺️

The 11 point season it was known by February that we were doomed so feelings were tempered when relegation hit, Our only win was when we were in Gozo-Malta for a Wedding, , We booked half a pub as the game was on TV against Newcastle, We left with a fare few locals being Derby fans, Then at the end of the season I'd wager they went back to supporting United, Liverpool and all the other crap 🙄

I was travelling during the 11pt season. Didn’t get to touch base that often. I was in the country for the first game, went to pride park. Saw us put in a pretty decent effort to get a point from a 2-2 draw with, I want to say Portsmouth (which makes me realise things could be worse). Then headed off for adventures in Africa and beyond for 18 months.

then the only game I got to see while travelling was the win against Newcastle. So as far as I was concerned, it was a pretty good season. 4 points from 2 games. 

16 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I was travelling during the 11pt season. Didn’t get to touch base that often. I was in the country for the first game, went to pride park. Saw us put in a pretty decent effort to get a point from a 2-2 draw with, I want to say Portsmouth (which makes me realise things could be worse). Then headed off for adventures in Africa and beyond for 18 months.

then the only game I got to see while travelling was the win against Newcastle. So as far as I was concerned, it was a pretty good season. 4 points from 2 games. 

I wish I had only seen those two.

Driving up from Bristol was like going to a funeral every fortnight.

I didn’t mind losing to Arsenal, Liverpool and Man United but being stuffed by Villa and West Ham was horrible.

I still remember the temporary silence as the goal nestled in the net against Newcastle. It was like we were all in shock.

My hope, of course, is that we get back to the Premier League but I hope this time we do it having built a sustainable, winning squad. Those who squeak into the top flight with little budget are doomed to failure.

Burnley are in trouble after spending £100 mill on players. If they don’t get anything at home to Palace , I can’t see them winning their next game at Arsenal. The big one is Shef Utd v Wolves . A loss at home could see Heckingbottom gone with only 1 pt in the bank . Their policy of buying the best Championship players has not worked .

I was travelling in and out of Europe with business that year and never got to a game.

I remember being in Rotterdam when we got our Newcastle win. My Dutch colleagues were saying that Derby would kick on after that result, but I felt we were in real trouble. It just felt we had deep rooted problems that had been painted over by promotion and fixing that was going to take more than one game.

I get the same feeling when I look at Sheffield, it just feels that even if they make changes it will take more time than they have to stabilise the ship.

They may beat our total, but unless they are lucky I think they may well end up in League 1 in two seasons.

I think the next batch of home games had a big impact on Sheffield United’s 11-point prospects as they face Wolves, Bournemouth, Brentford and Luton before New Year.

Unfortunately there are just too many poor teams down there, or teams with closer ability.

In 2007/08 the gap between Derby and both Birmingham and Reading was far bigger than the gap between Sheffield United and Wolves/Forest, let alone Burnley and Luton.

There are too many winnable games.

That said, I expect 18th this year won’t get more than 25 points. The gap between them and say Palace/Fulham is huge.

6 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

And Sky experts say it was an awful decision for VAR not to overrule it because the guy clearly kicked the ground.

Can't wait for the Wolves manager to come out and lambast VAR...again, Sky pundits said penalty at 1st, Then a different camara angle shows he kicked the ground, Wolves player who was adjudged to have fouled for the penalty...walked off in tears.

Another VAR decision that's going to be talked about...🙄

4 hours ago, The Last Post said:

Can't wait for the Wolves manager to come out and lambast VAR...again, Sky pundits said penalty at 1st, Then a different camara angle shows he kicked the ground, Wolves player who was adjudged to have fouled for the penalty...walked off in tears.

Another VAR decision that's going to be talked about...🙄

Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office
Defo by us if Sheff Utd get 12 points