11 Points

Day

3 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Southampton sold a bog standard midfield player with 25 games under his belt for £50 million - the same price as DCFC . How can that be sustainable ?

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

1 year after buying him from Man City for £20m. 2 first team games for Man City, 34 games in all competitions for Southampton

I know that we have to aspire to being in the Premier League, but it's numbers like those that make me think that it really isn't worth all the hassle. Forest fans will be saying that they're loving it, but it really must be a little depressing knowing that the best you can hope for is to float around mid table at best and have a few decent cup runs if you're lucky.

3 hours ago, richinspain said:

I know that we have to aspire to being in the Premier League, but it's numbers like those that make me think that it really isn't worth all the hassle. Forest fans will be saying that they're loving it, but it really must be a little depressing knowing that the best you can hope for is to float around mid table at best and have a few decent cup runs if you're lucky.

Forest fans might not be loving it so much now their star striker awoniyi is out for some months with groin problems....

On 17/11/2023 at 19:02, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Shocking news about Everton. Are Wycombe suing as well? I know they weren’t in that league at the time and so there is no tangible effect but that has never stopped them before has it. Couhig will no doubt be all over it! 

Ah, but you are missing the point. There will be a ripple effect which could reach Wycombe in a year or so. So belts and braces........Sue now.

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Just watching the Everton/Man U game . Everton 1 down to one of the best goals I have ever seen . They only have 4 Pts due to a 10 Pt deduction . Can you remember when we got ours  ? We were told - Don’t protest in the ground . Well Everton’s ground is Bedlam

Just goes to show we’ve got more class than Everton fans. 😀

Protesting in the ground isn’t going to change the decision and it’s hard to know if being “bedlam” helps the team or not.

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Just goes to show we’ve got more class than Everton fans. 😀

Protesting in the ground isn’t going to change the decision and it’s hard to know if being “bedlam” helps the team or not.

The only protest is either don't go in the ground stay outside, Or walk out, But the protest is against the EPL and others, TV is there so they got the exposure 🤷‍♂️, Those who dish out the punishment are invisible.

We know football is riddled with debt, Players/agents demand more and more money, Chairmen capitulate and until there's some sanity in our game protests will continue.

Who's to blame...we the supporters who demand the best/better players so managers are given a blank cheque book, At what cost to DCFC fans is the price of trying to get to the EPL...the land of milk and honey 😉

I've a friend who moved up from Tottenham to Ambergate 2 years ago made a killing on his house sale down there...and still willing to pay £6k for his season ticket...but he does get a meal in that...mental aye 🙄

41 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Burnley (20th before play) 5-0 Sheffield Utd (18th)

If we could rely on Sheffield Utd not getting some more awful VAR decisions fall in their favour they'd 100% definitely be bad enough to break it.

Problem is there’s an increasing smell of using VAR to keep games interesting and the league interesting 

6 hours ago, dantheram said:

Problem is there’s an increasing smell of using VAR to keep games interesting and the league interesting 

Them not winning another game would quite interest me 😋

In all seriousness, I genuinely believe Sheffield are worse than we were and by a stretch too. Sadly, the bottom half dozen are, by PL standards, so colossally shyte, that they'll all take points of each other. Pains me to say it, but I can see the Blades ending up with 15 points despite being materially useless.

On 03/12/2023 at 00:19, Comrade 86 said:

Them not winning another game would quite interest me 😋

In all seriousness, I genuinely believe Sheffield are worse than we were and by a stretch too. Sadly, the bottom half dozen are, by PL standards, so colossally shyte, that they'll all take points of each other. Pains me to say it, but I can see the Blades ending up with 15 points despite being materially useless.

They're playing as s**** as we were from Mar-May 2008.  However, the amount of international breaks today gives them that respite from one shalacking too another in terms of mental recovery, as does the constant squad rotation of top 8 sides during European weeks which could get them an unexpected draw or two.  An imaginary penalty  in the 100th min against Wolves hasn't done them any harm either.

3 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Heckingbottom is a dead man walking. Wilder is coming back. Can he turn things round for Shef utd ? Can he turn Ben Osborn into Kevin De Bruyne ? He wants money to spend . Without it he will struggle for points.

Wasn’t that Paul Jewell’s problem? He thought he could spare us some blushes by buying a bunch of has beens in January. Why would Sheffield Uniteds owners bother with spending money on the team when the writing is clearly on the wall. Literally the only thing they have to play for now is to try to beat our 11 points. Which they will with their current players. So there’s no need to invest. The time to invest was at the start of the season, so if they weren’t going to do it then, they’re not going to do it now. 

2 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Wasn’t that Paul Jewell’s problem? He thought he could spare us some blushes by buying a bunch of has beens in January. Why would Sheffield Uniteds owners bother with spending money on the team when the writing is clearly on the wall. Literally the only thing they have to play for now is to try to beat our 11 points. Which they will with their current players. So there’s no need to invest. The time to invest was at the start of the season, so if they weren’t going to do it then, they’re not going to do it now. 

Agree most of that theory, and Sheff Utd will probably scrape past our miserable 11pts record. Heckinbottom a decent manager, but completely 'thrown under a bus' by useless Sheff Utd owners, who might yet be stupid enough to make things worse 🤞

Looking at that table really bought it into focus that we were, due to GD effectively 5 points adrift after 13 games, and we would go on to get only those 5 points. In a week or two we were probably effectively relegated based on our final total.

Even with the severe lack of quality at Sheff Utd right now, I can't see them doing as badly as we did. Even if Wilder returned and signed Sharpe as Captain it wouldn't be close to the barely championship level squad we had.

It's actually quite amusing how every season, a thread like this appears and fans get their hopes up that that embarrassing record might get beaten.

It will never get beaten and no team has ever even come close to it. The closest was a huge 27% more with 15 points.

We remain and will remain the laughing stock of English football whether we like that or not and unfortunately for us; Forest will always have the more ammunition to throw at us than we have at them.