Josh Vickers

Caerphilly Ram

Very sad news for Josh and his family, the support from his colleagues will be needed at a difficult time like this, sometimes there’s more to life than football. 😔 

Perhaps something could be arranged by fans to show support at the home game? Applause at the 31st min or something?

IMG_0375.png

My word, there’s few things in life that are as bad as that. Glad to see teammates and (presumably) the club supporting him. 

I hope we, as fans, can organise some show of support for him and his family. Whether it’s charity or some display. 

All the best Josh, take as long as you need. 

Thoughts go out to Josh and his family, incredibly sad news and as @Jayram said above, puts everything including football into perspective. 

Footballers are human, as are the staff, you never know what battles are taking place in their personal lives off the pitch.

Would be nice for us to donate to a charity of Josh's choice when he is ready to think about anything like that, I have no doubts the club will be supporting him as much as they can. 

f*** cancer.

21 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Very sad news for Josh and his family, the support from his colleagues will be needed at a difficult time like this, sometimes there’s more to life than football. 😔 

Perhaps something could be arranged by fans to show support at the home game? Applause at the 31st min or something?

IMG_0375.png

Absolutely agree. Immediately followed by "there's only one Josh Vickers" (or something more creative/appropriate). 😪

So so sad... thousands of rams fans don't know you but today,me included, will be that much sadder with life. Football always comes second when this horrible thing happens. Condolences to you and your family Josh. Hope us fans can give you something against Cambridge to show we are all sharing your grief mate and you are part of the Rams family. Stay strong.

What an absolutely horrendous thing for anyone to go through. Can’t even begin to imagine the pain he feels right now.

May she rest in peace, and I really hope Vickers gets all the support in the world over the difficult few months he’ll have to come. Seems like the squad is right behind him which is great to see. Hopefully the supporters groups can come together and organise some sort of show of solidarity this weekend.

Josh,

I have been lucky enough to have had my soulmate for almost 38 years now... over 26 of them as man & wife.

Literally nothing would fill me with more dread than having to spend just one solitarily minute without her as the biggest part of my life.  My soul, my heart, my every breath.

I have known personal tragedy of course, as have many of us, and indeed have bore witness to my own father suffering precisely what you are now going through yourself, albeit many years ago now.

But to imagine having to suffer a tragedy such as this myself, remains unthinkable.

My heart goes out to you, Josh, and I truly wish you nothing but eventual peace, happiness, and everlasting memories.
Stay strong, buddy, and may your beautiful wife sleep in eternal peace.

xxx

A man can take almost anything you throw at him but the idea of losing the love of your life, your rock, your soul mate is one thing that would break us all.

My sincerest and heart felt condolences to you and your family Josh. 

The ones we love are never gone, we have our memories for now to tide us through, they are waiting for us and when the time is right we’ll be back with them. 

Be strong mate, we are all with you xxx

Edited by 8Leeds

This has hit me like a ton of bricks. 

My life only really began when I met my wife. She’s given me everything I ever wanted, the idea of not being able ask her opinion, to never see her smile again, to look into her eyes and see nothing but pure love and devotion, I don’t think I’d ever be myself again without her. I’d fight on for the sake of our kids but if I lost her a huge piece of me would go with her. 

We need to do something collectively to show Josh and his family that they are part of our family now, something that lasts and will always celebrate Laura’s memory, something that also remembers the ones we’ve lost as well to this vile disease, something that shows our complete and unwavering solidarity.