Josh Vickers

Caerphilly Ram

Quickly twigged the applause was starting, and a quick glance at the clock (showing 31 mins) confirmed my suspicions, thanks to @CBRammette's related post on here yesterday, so quickly stood to join the masses.
I soon noticed that play had stopped, and that players (of both sides) were joining in... as well as the benches and even the officials too.

The only thing I didn't notice was when/how the game stopped?
Was it an official signal from the ref? 
Was it a case of the ball going out of touch (or becoming dead due to a foul etc) by coincidence, and then a deliberate act to not immediately restart?

It matters not, of course... am merely curious.  🤷‍♂️

Either way, as already stated, it was most moving, and for want of a more appropriate phrase under such sad circumstances, rather magnificent.

🤍

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Quickly twigged the applause was starting, and a quick glance at the clock (showing 31 mins) confirmed my suspicions, thanks to @CBRammette's related post on here yesterday, so quickly stood to join the masses.
I soon noticed that play had stopped, and that players (of both sides) were joining in... as well as the benches and even the officials too.

Was it a case of the ball going out of touch (or becoming dead due to a foul etc) by coincidence, and then a deliberate act to not immediately restart?

Either way, as already stated, it was most moving, and for want of a more appropriate phrase under such sad circumstances, rather magnificent.

🤍

I didn’t officially stop, the ball was back with Wildsmith (somehow), on the floor , and everyone just stopped playing.

1 minute ago, WystonRam said:

I didn’t officially stop, the ball was back with Wildsmith (somehow), on the floor , and everyone just stopped playing.

Cheers.
Forgot to add... I didn't notice how the game recommenced either (thus adding to my curiosity), but I think that was due to having something in my eye!

👍🍻

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

🤍

It was a genuinely lovely moment that just seemed totally right - as you say very moving. I was surprised when I saw play had naturally stopped and officials and our opponents also clapping. 

5 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

🤍

Derby players started clapping, Cambridge joined in, then the ref, nice gesture from all concerned, including the Cambridge fans.