Derby v Carlisle (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

I heard you like polls  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, jameso said:

I'm guessing not 3-5-2 with NML as RWB because surely after Tuesday that would guarantee Wilson a start (?)

I’m assuming Wilson is just being rested. He’s been out a month or so, so starting 2 games in 4 days is not worth the risk.  

Is Vickers injured? I was expecting him to start mid-week, and he’s not even on the bench again today.

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

IMG_0366.jpeg
Embleton is injured according to the DET. Feel for Barkhuizen but he’s a good option from the bench. No idea what formation it’ll be with Collins and Waghorn starting.

Assuming Wags and Collins upfront, NML on the right and Sibs on the left in an attacking four. Smith and Fornah a two man midfield base. A flat, very defensive back four. 

Essentially get it in the opposition half and play from there. I don’t mind it. I don’t see us giving up too much space or allowing Carlisle to east counter opportunities set up like that, emphasis on the attacking four to be able to be able to create something but think it’s a simplistic system predicated on Sibley/NML pulling a few rabbits out of the hat. 

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

So Barkhuizen comes back from injury and we actually look like we can play football with him. What do you do Paul? Stick James Collins in instead. Of course 

Not to mention putting Nyambe straight into the team following Wilson's star performance on Tuesday. Sibley, whilst starting which is good, will of course be wide left

1 minute ago, Gerry Daly said:

Not to mention putting Nyambe straight into the team following Wilson's star performance on Tuesday. Sibley, whilst starting which is good, will of course be wide left

Nyambe played a couple of internationals and I think is generally quite a physically fit player anyway. Wilson and Barky are injury prone players who played really well the other night, but perhaps not ready for another 60 minutes. Both will come on, for sure.