Derby v Carlisle (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

I heard you like polls  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Readers Wives pays better than I thought 😜

I will be watching so not relying on this thread to give me updates which is good because the same old agendas seem to played out at the moment (either way).

It's one of those things where international bank transfers from America and the typical 4-6 week wait for payment makes it a tad frustrating. 

I'll be listening on the radio! 

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Sorry I don’t get that at all. IMO that would only apply if they were playing a team from two or three divisions below them. Even then, you can’t necessarily question their professional pride unless they weren’t bothered if they lost.

Carlisle have earned their place in league one. Yes, we were dumped into it due to a points deduction rather than performances and results but until/unless we start to p**** the league, I think it would dangerously arrogant to suggest the players should be ashamed of themselves (I interpret your comments as implying that) if they fail to beat teams like Carlisle.

Carlisle have earned their place with excellent coaching, as they were one of the favourites for relegation into non-league the season they got promoted. They’re an underfunded club and have he marginality in wages are going to be hugely significant - my point is, and always has been, to the club that they need to prove they’re worth that extra investment. The best paid manager in the league against probably the worst, yet we know how good of a coach the other guy is despite probably getting a fraction of a wage. 

3 hours ago, Foreveram said:

We came up yesterday morning, not really done much, had a nice meal in the hotel last night, in bed by 10.30. God I’m getting old 😂

The Griffin is the designated away pub which is only a five minute walk from here, so probably go there later.

Thats more like it - you do what I aim to do when kids both gone!! I am close at Liverpool Uni open day and last night's hotel experience at Lymm services! 

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

I think they still had a reserve match to play but everyone ignored the tannoy announcement and just piled on.

I took a piece home and replanted in the garden but it never took 😂

Do you mean that the grass didn’t grow? Well it didn’t at the Baseball Ground either! 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

IMG_0366.jpeg

So are we looking at this line-up:

Wildsmith

Nyambe              Nelson                       Cashin                   Forsyth

Smith                         Fornah

NML                            Waghorn                  Sibley

Collins

Or possibly Sibley central?

I'm guessing not 3-5-2 with NML as RWB because surely after Tuesday that would guarantee Wilson a start (?)