Derby v Carlisle (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

I heard you like polls  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tomorrow feels like a sliding doors kind of game.

If we win, you could see a pathway for us to start building momentum, stringing results together and moving up the table. The next 8-9 games present a real opportunity to improve our form and lift the mood.

However if we lose, the pressure once again cranks up on Warne, the players and the staff. I honestly think the fanbase is wavering to the point where 4-5 more bad or uneven results could be Warne’s undoing.

It’s a very difficult game. Carlisle will be fired up to play one of the biggest sides in the division and get a scalp.

Here’s hoping for a positive, logical, balanced line up and a professional performance. Warne needs a nice anniversary present from the players.

Wildsmith

Wilson - Nelson - Cashin - Forsyth

Smith - Fornah - Sibley

NML - Waghorn - Barkhuizen

Derby County v Carlisle United The Derby team celebrate their First Division League

Derby County v Carlisle United
The Derby team celebrate their First Division League Championship win with the trophy on a lap of honour.
26th April 1975

If I remember correctly we were ENGLISH CHAMPIONS and Carlisle were relegated.

Happy days

image.jpeg.22a4649363be838de016f879e65ce48e.jpeg

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

19 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

If we win, you could see a pathway for us to start building momentum, stringing results together and moving up the table. The next 8-9 games present a real opportunity to improve our form and lift the mood.

However if we lose, the pressure once again cranks up on Warne, the players and the staff. I honestly think the fanbase is wavering to the point where 4-5 more bad or uneven results could be Warne’s undoing.

It’s a very difficult game. Carlisle will be fired up to play one of the biggest sides in the division and get a scalp.

Here’s hoping for a positive, logical, balanced line up and a professional performance. Warne needs a nice anniversary present from the players.

Wildsmith

Smith - Fornah - Sibley

Its the exact same side id pick. Ive a feeling Warne wont gamble on it. He will probably think legs and play Embleton and Washington. Nyambe for Wilson is also a possibility as hes just played 2 90 mins for Namibia. It was uplifting for me to see our 2 goals on Tuesday night. We can play. We cant be a "just get it wide and cross it" side. We have players that can play. The sooner Bird is back the better too.  

10 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Its the exact same side id pick. Ive a feeling Warne wont gamble on it. He will probably think legs and play Embleton and Washington. Nyambe for Wilson is also a possibility as hes just played 2 90 mins for Namibia. It was uplifting for me to see our 2 goals on Tuesday night. We can play. We cant be a "just get it wide and cross it" side. We have players that can play. The sooner Bird is back the better too.  

I think he will definitely start with Nyambe.

Then it's Sibley or Embleton and Waggy Or Washington.

I think Sibley would work well behind Waggy and Embleton would work well with Washington 

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Wildsmith

Smith - Fornah - Sibley

No disrespect but we’re talking about a club with about the 5th of the turnover, a fraction of the wage bill so you’ve got to put in question our players professional pride with anything other than a win. 

The only sliding doors should the worst happen is Simpson for Warne in a straight swap. They’re a well run club, admittedly, they found a delivery driver in Scotland that is probably better than our midfielders who we pay a vast sum of our budget towards. 

These are usually the games we win, though, so I’m fairly confident it won’t come to that. 

Edited by Ambitious

4 hours ago, Ambitious said:

No disrespect but we’re talking about a club with about the 5th of the turnover, a fraction of the wage bill so you’ve got to put in question our players professional pride with anything other than a win. 

The only sliding doors should the worst happen is Simpson for Warne in a straight swap. They’re a well run club, admittedly, they found a delivery driver in Scotland that is probably better than our midfielders who we pay a vast sum of our budget towards. 

These are usually the games we win, though, so I’m fairly confident it won’t come to that. 

there are a variety of scenarios that could mean we don't win - not least a referee like at Bolton. So you would be happy to blame it on Warne and the players????

21 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

@OUTSIDER our flags next to each other in the away end should look good.

If you fancy meeting up for beers.

The Fat Gadgie looks good.

PM me for mobile etc

https://www.thefatgadgie.co.uk/

55CFE93C-77EF-4A87-B21F-0877008D1ED4.jpeg

C5A834EB-153D-4D22-9D6A-224C9741EC90.jpeg

Travelling light today long day ahead at airport now. 

24hr trip... trains planes and automobiles 

Edited by OUTSIDER

1 minute ago, OUTSIDER said:

Looks the perfect ground for flags also if you watch the video clips of Carlisle above this season. The terracing behind the goal is empty and used for flags, unless home fans are going in that section today, unless they only close it when attendances are poor etc.

8 minutes ago, OUTSIDER said:

24hr trip... trains planes and automobiles 

Aberdeenshire Rams trip

24hr trip………mega mega bus, white man, lager, lager, national express, lager lager, mega mega bus, lager, lager, national express, lager lager, mega mega bus, train and automobiles

9 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Sorry I don’t get that at all. IMO that would only apply if they were playing a team from two or three divisions below them. Even then, you can’t necessarily question their professional pride unless they weren’t bothered if they lost.

Carlisle have earned their place in league one. Yes, we were dumped into it due to a points deduction rather than performances and results but until/unless we start to p**** the league, I think it would dangerously arrogant to suggest the players should be ashamed of themselves (I interpret your comments as implying that) if they fail to beat teams like Carlisle.

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Looks the perfect ground for flags also if you watch the video clips of Carlisle above this season. The terracing behind the goal is empty and used for flags, unless home fans are going in that section today, unless they only close it when attendances are poor etc.

If I remember right, Carlisle closed that stand earlier this season after their own fans caused some trouble. I think they've opened it up again now though.

12 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Derby County v Carlisle United The Derby team celebrate their First Division League

Derby County v Carlisle United
The Derby team celebrate their First Division League Championship win with the trophy on a lap of honour.
26th April 1975

If I remember correctly we were ENGLISH CHAMPIONS and Carlisle were relegated.

Happy days

image.jpeg.22a4649363be838de016f879e65ce48e.jpeg

You remember correctly. I was there and the game finished 0-0. I suspect the players had been partying hard as the title was already ours. We lost at their place 3-0 early in the season; if I remember correctly. Carlisle were top after the first few games and then their season went pear shaped.