Derby v Carlisle (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

I heard you like polls  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think every team should go out onto the pitch with a distinct plan but the players should always be adaptable.

A good team instinctively knows how to support team mates in attack and defence. Someone told to anchor the midfield should not feel unable to run into an obvious gap, and a team mate should drop back to accommodate.

I think Clough’s comments were meant to imply that football is a pretty simple game and that players aren’t robots or simpletons who need to be told what to do in every situation.

Good teamwork is every bit as important as tactics.

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think every team should go out onto the pitch with a distinct plan but the players should always be adaptable.

A good team instinctively knows how to support team mates in attack and defence. Someone told to anchor the midfield should not feel unable to run into an obvious gap, and a team mate should drop back to accommodate.

I think Clough’s comments were meant to imply that football is a pretty simple game and that players aren’t robots or simpletons who need to be told what to do in every situation.

Good teamwork is every bit as important as tactics.

And that is part of our problem, the players often don't seem to know where to expect their team-mates to be, how can we expect good teamwork?

1 hour ago, OUTSIDER said:

all trains  working tomorrow,?

not heard any issues yet?

catching train from Newcastle - Carlisle and back  ... 

@OUTSIDER our flags next to each other in the away end should look good.

If you fancy meeting up for beers.

The Fat Gadgie looks good.

PM me for mobile etc

https://www.thefatgadgie.co.uk/

55CFE93C-77EF-4A87-B21F-0877008D1ED4.jpeg

C5A834EB-153D-4D22-9D6A-224C9741EC90.jpeg

Edited by Inverurie Ram

More of the same from Tuesday. I was really pleased with how we played and the goals were brilliant. Hopefully this will show the manager that the team can play some more football on the grass. Had the athleticism which PW is looking for plus the better possession based style. I hope we can build on it and not go back to old habits.

Cant be arsed fighting online with Carlisle to get a ticket as im registered with Derby as iv had tickets for pride park over the years.

After getting drenched with the rain in Glasgow on Tuesday,iv now got a sore throat etc,few folk i know have COVID,so wont make it down tomorrow.

Pricesfor the trains to Derby next week from Glasgow are a joke,so will see if i can get down another time.

Edited by dodger37

We’re going up North with a squad of 

Wildsmith, Vickers, Wilson, Nyambe, Nelson, Cashin, Forsyth, Bradley, Elder, Smith, Embleton, Fornah, Sibley, Barkhuizen, Mendez - Laing, Waghorn, Washington & Collins

to take on a team that’s won one match and would be in the relegation places if it wasn’t for points reductions and having played a game more.

For me, with that squad a point is a minimum return.

With Bird, John -Jules, Ward, Thompson &  Hourihane back within the next few weeks to strengthen the squad I’m fully expecting making the play offs as a minimum and anything less than that as failure.

Cambridge at home next, then six winnable matches in October.

………………..the charge up this abject league should begin tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

We’re going up North with a squad of 

Wildsmith, Vickers, Wilson, Nyambe, Nelson, Cashin, Forsyth, Bradley, Elder, Smith, Embleton, Fornah, Sibley, Barkhuizen, Mendez - Laing, Waghorn, Washington & Collins

to take on a team that’s won one match and would be in the relegation places if it wasn’t for points reductions and having played a game more.

For me, with that squad a point is a minimum return.

With Bird, John -Jules, Ward, Thompson &  Hourihane back within the next few weeks to strengthen the squad I’m fully expecting making the play offs as a minimum and anything less than that as failure.

Cambridge at home next, then six winnable matches in October.

………………..the charge up this abject league should begin tomorrow.

Sorry but ‘winnable’ , you mean teams that you think we should destroy because they are not worthy? Am I being too harsh on your comment. I’m on my third pint so forgive me if so. Any one really can beat any one? 

1 hour ago, Westcumbrianram said:

Can't get any tickets, it's bloody frustrating. My closest game of the season (40 minutes) and I can't go. If anyone has a couple of tickets, then please let me know. 

Don’t know if it helps but have you tried dcfc spare tickets on Facebook I’ve had tickets of there before there is a few tickets going for tomorrow 

3 hours ago, SKRam said:

I’ve not ‘done’ Carlisle for drinking but it’s on the cards. I expect full report from you @angieram seeing as you’ve arrived 3 months early 

The Drovers Rest in Monkhill is a short walk from where we are staying. It was  Solway CAMRA pub of the year this year. 

I don't think we'll be drinking anywhere else!