Derby v Carlisle (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

I heard you like polls  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

Wildsmith 

Wilson Nelson Cashin Forsyth 

Smith Fornah

NML Sibley  Barkhuizen 

Waghorn  

It just has to be. Please Paul. 

9 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Potential going forward but NML and Wilson combination on the right looks very fragile defensively.

Won't be defending with that line up and formation 😉

I cant see both Barkhuizen & Sibley starting, would leave us with no option out wide from the bench, so i think it will be - 

Wildsmith - Wilson Nelson Cashin Forsyth - Smith Fornah - NML Waghorn Sibley - Washington

Subs - Vickers Elder Bradley Nyambe Embleton Barkhuizen Collins

The 3 behind Washington could rotate, Waggy could go out wide, Sibley come inside into the 10, NML switching wings. We need Washington's runs in behind their defense so that it creates space for the 3 behind him to get on the ball

3 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

I cant see both Barkhuizen & Sibley starting, would leave us with no option out wide from the bench, so i think it will be - 

Wildsmith - Wilson Nelson Cashin Forsyth - Smith Fornah - NML Waghorn Sibley - Washington

Subs - Vickers Elder Bradley Nyambe Embleton Barkhuizen Collins

The 3 behind Washington could rotate, Waggy could go out wide, Sibley come inside into the 10, NML switching wings. We need Washington's runs in behind their defense so that it creates space for the 3 behind him to get on the ball

Why would anyone ever want to play Sibley out wide? I just find it unfathomable. He's a central midfielder or a number 10. Of course he can play wide and do a job because he's so talented, but it's always a waste of his abilities. 

21 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Why would anyone ever want to play Sibley out wide? I just find it unfathomable. He's a central midfielder or a number 10. Of course he can play wide and do a job because he's so talented, but it's always a waste of his abilities. 

Unfortunately, we used the summer to recruit for a 3 at the back system which didn't use wingers, only to realise that we're more likely to find success this season with 4 at the back and wingers. Whilst we were short on wingers last season (Mendez-Laing, Barkhuizen, Dobbin), we're even shorter on wingers now. It means we'll have to use at least 2 of Sibley, Waghorn, Washington and Ward on the wings to ensure we have enough depth when playing with wingers.

1 hour ago, JPRamFan said:

Wildsmith

Nelson   Cashin    Foz

NML  Smith   Fornah   Elder

Embleton

Washington     Waghorn

It will prob be this and it's an awful line up.

This is seminal stuff JP. You've actually found a way to whinge about the the team sheet BEFORE it's even been released. Why wait until match day after all? Genius! 😋