Who enjoys Warne's football poll?

RoyMac5

Who enjoys Warne's football?  

374 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Yes, for a couple of weeks short of a year. Have you been hibernating?

You seem to have missed my 2nd to last paragraph where ive said the style of play Warne wants but we havent had the squad yet to fulfill it.

Technically its his tactics & team but its not the actual tactics he wants us to play for various reasons.

Fast paced, high intensity & constant press is what Warne wants & tried to implement during preseason. Alot of the preseason videos were based on us pressing....now with a change of shape due to injuries (again) we havent been able to implement this, quite simple really. If you dont have the options on the bench or in the squad, you cannot press as much as you want.

50 minutes ago, alram said:

There is no way the full quota turn up as it is it’s obvious the club count ticket sales and not bums on seats

I agree. But what's that got to do with how many will renew if the product on the pitch doesn't improve? The obvious answer is that people will vote with their bums and some will not renew and gates will consequently decrease. It's not rocket science and gates at Derby have dipped many times in the past because people have become disappointed with what they are watching. Some eventually come back but others don't.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

8 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Was going to say, he’s had a year! How many managers get that long. And people still want to say is not his team yet. 

That's the problem with modern day football. There were some people, including club directors, who wanted to see the back of Brian Clough in his first season. We need to give Warne some more time and be patient because it's a ridiculous situation when the average lifespan of a a Derby manager over the last 10 years is just 10 months. We need to get away from that but whether Warne is the man to break that mould is another question. He'll certainly never emulate Clough but I think we need to be patient for a little while longer before we decide to fork out more ill spent money on contract terminations. The cost of that was a decisive factor in the downfall of the previous owner.

45 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I agree. But what's that got to do with how many will renew if the product on the pitch doesn't improve? The obvious answer is that people will vote with their bums and some will not renew and gates will consequently decrease. It's not rocket science and gates at Derby have dipped many times in the past because people have become disappointed with what they are watching. Some eventually come back but others don't.

Plus new TV deal may mean more erratic kick off times next season. That may make it not viable for us and presumably others

4 hours ago, Rev said:

I won't renew next season, based on this. 

I will because it's because it's become a lifetime habit and I wouldn't know what to do when match day comes around but I understand exactly what you are thinking. Forget the 11-point season because that came on the back of an unexpected promotion but what we are watching now is on a par with Tommy Docherty and Phil Brown's tenure in my opinion and it can't get worse than that surely.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

7 hours ago, Makedoh said:

exactly took 2 of my mates today and they where bored after 30 mins ,said I am not coming again. 

Kids said the exact same thing... "dad im bored" ... I wouldn't be suprised if they start watching other teams when they get older & start understanding football more. 

To be honest i prefer watching them play in the under 7s. There is more desire & skill on show. 

27 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Kids said the exact same thing... "dad im bored" ... I wouldn't be suprised if they start watching other teams when they get older & start understanding football more. 

To be honest i prefer watching them play in the under 7s. There is more desire & skill on show. 

I can understand that. L1 football is a tough watch at the best of times, and currently the Rams are not playing entertaining football. I suppose it can be tolerated if you're winning games and pushing for top two in the league. As things stand the Rams seem a bit bland and lacking direction. 

11 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

You could have done the poll, it doesn't have to be started by me.

FWIW I hated all the backwards/sideways passing. But I couldn't understand how in the earliest games we didn't score 10 goals a game! We played football to a pattern, passed the ball and looked to control games. 

Agree… and yes.. i remember u being quite vocal about the style of play .. i was too

mad world isnt it when part of me would have it back in a heartbeat lol

i think 🙈😂

9 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

That's the problem with modern day football. There were some people, including club directors, who wanted to see the back of Brian Clough in his first season. We need to give Warne some more time and be patient because it's a ridiculous situation when the average lifespan of a a Derby manager over the last 10 years is just 10 months. We need to get away from that but whether Warne is the man to break that mould is another question. He'll certainly never emulate Clough but I think we need to be patient for a little while longer before we decide to fork out more ill spent money on contract terminations. The cost of that was a decisive factor in the downfall of the previous owner.

You want to give Warne time to turn the Academy into a mini-Warne type player factory? Because that is what is happening, they have weekly meetings and as Warne commented he'll play Academy players when they play how he wants, oh and when they are fit enough.

That's not I want to see from our Academy let alone our first team.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

You want to give Warne time to turn the Academy into a mini-Warne type player factory? Because that is what is happening, they have weekly meetings and as Warne commented he'll play Academy players when they play how he wants, oh and when they are fit enough.

That's not I want to see from our Academy let alone our first team.

That's one thing I found strange from the fans forum. Warne said he will select an academy player if he can play the way he wants. But shouldn't the academy and first team play the same style? The club should have one style of play running right through it so that players and managers can easily be replaced without disrupting the whole team. 

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

That's one thing I found strange from the fans forum. Warne said he will select an academy player if he can play the way he wants. But shouldn't the academy and first team play the same style? The club should have one style of play running right through it so that players and managers can easily be replaced without disrupting the whole team. 

Why strange? He will insist that the Academy plays the way he 'imagines' he has the first team playing.

Edited by RoyMac5