Who enjoys Warne's football poll?

RoyMac5

Who enjoys Warne's football?  

374 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Although I'm not enjoying the football at the moment I do think PW has been very unlucky. He was clearly told he had a bigger budget in the transfer window before something happened? Then he seemed very reliant on Ward and Bird who both went out injured, plus all the other injuries. Sonny Bradley on paper looked one of the best signings in the division and hasn't yet settled, the Embleton signing showed how far down the list of targets we were, he looked like he'd just been captured by the Taliban.

People are calling for this passing football yet we get in a decent position up the field and they can't complete a 2 yard pass to each other, who and what could actually change what we have right now? 

I guess I'm just hoping that with the return of some of the injured players we might have an added dimension. If Sibs can hit some kind of form (though I have been saying this for the past 3 years) and Barks can start to perform we might stumble on a formula. I say stumble as I am not confident Warne can figure it out. I don't know where Ward fits in if we continue to play a back 4. Maybe a little more advanced. NML looks devoid of any confidence or ideas. When was the last time we saw him knock it past a player utilise his pace? How long can we use - it's early days, injuries, fitness and tough fixtures as excuses.

48 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I guess I'm just hoping that with the return of some of the injured players we might have an added dimension. If Sibs can hit some kind of form (though I have been saying this for the past 3 years) and Barks can start to perform we might stumble on a formula. I say stumble as I am not confident Warne can figure it out. I don't know where Ward fits in if we continue to play a back 4. Maybe a little more advanced. NML looks devoid of any confidence or ideas. When was the last time we saw him knock it past a player utilise his pace? How long can we use - it's early days, injuries, fitness and tough fixtures as excuses.

We definitely looked a bit better on Saturday with Sibley and Barkhuizen on, and we'll probably look even better with Ward, Bird etc back and everyone fully fit (if that ever happens).  But IMO it's still just papering over the cracks.  We aren't setting to get the best out of these players, we don't seem to have a coherent game-plan, it's all just run around a lot and hope somebody does something good. And that's not a recipe for consistently getting the results you need to get out of this league. 

Currently after 7 games:

xG for from open play: 12th in the league with 5.62.
xG for from set pieces: 8th in the league with 2.51.
xG against from open play: 7th most conceded with 6.61.
xG against from set pieces: 7th most conceded with 2.52.

Some other stats:
4 build up attacks (The number of open play sequences that contains 10 or more passes and either ends in a shot or has at least one touch in the box) which is the 3rd worst. 
9 direct attacks (The number of open play sequences that starts just inside the team's own half and has at least 50% of movement towards the opposition's goal and ends in a shot or a touch in the opposition box.) which is 12th.

We barely have any control on the pitch:
image.png.893918915f332c7c2ed15a584ee5b4ae.png

18 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Currently after 7 games:

Some other stats:
4 build up attacks (The number of open play sequences that contains 10 or more passes and either ends in a shot or has at least one touch in the box) which is the 3rd worst. 
9 direct attacks (The number of open play sequences that starts just inside the team's own half and has at least 50% of movement towards the opposition's goal and ends in a shot or a touch in the opposition box.) which is 12th.

Thanks for depressing me even more.

57 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Currently after 7 games:

Some other stats:

we seem to do well in the top right hand corner near the corner flag(if blue shading is a good thing).

8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That's even worse - if he's relying on the judgement of others to decide if players make his matchday squad or not.

The only person making that choice should be Warne, and he didn't even know the name of the hattrick scorer a few hours earlier.

I imagine he'd have them training with the first team prior to throwijg them into a matchday squad.

But I'm sure you know that already.

7 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

We definitely looked a bit better on Saturday with Sibley and Barkhuizen on, and we'll probably look even better with Ward, Bird etc back and everyone fully fit (if that ever happens).  But IMO it's still just papering over the cracks.  We aren't setting to get the best out of these players, we don't seem to have a coherent game-plan, it's all just run around a lot and hope somebody does something good. And that's not a recipe for consistently getting the results you need to get out of this league. 

Well if he played like that at Rotherham and got promoted 3 times from this division, would that not seem to say otherwise?

21 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well if he played like that at Rotherham and got promoted 3 times from this division, would that not seem to say otherwise?

I’d say “we aren’t getting the best out of these players” is the relevant bit. I certainly don’t see this particular bunch of players winning enough games purely based on running around and hoping someone does something.  Maybe the squad he had at Rotherham were good enough at the running around bit that the rest didn’t matter, I don’t know, I didn’t really watch enough of them (bar when they played us).   Whatever he was doing certainly didn’t seem to work at championship level though.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I imagine he'd have them training with the first team prior to throwijg them into a matchday squad.

But I'm sure you know that already.

You would have thought he'd know the name of the player who scored a hattrick for the U21 hours prior to the Fans Forum. That alone speaks volumes regarding his interest in how well the youngsters are doing at U21 and U18 level.

11 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I've no idea what that means.

But I guess Pablo would be proud of it 

Btw the red blob on the right looks like a TV camera to me. Is that the correct interpretation?

Areas of control.

Blue = 55% or more of total touches in that area

Red = 45% or less

Grey = 'contested' (between 45% and 55%)

After the Charlton away game last season where we should've won and somehow lost I went to work on the sunday and my work colleague whos a Charlton STH showed me the text he'd sent his mate who couldn't go.

His mate asked how the game was going and my work colleague's reply was," we are being torn a new one here and they will be the best team we'll face this season "

we lost 0-1 but what was evident was our passing and movement and switching of play was very good but we missed chances and that went on for a few games more but, I still firmly believe in time we would've clicked and possibly gone up , also I think Rosenior would've brought in some new recruits in the jan window to give us a boost.

Rosenior has gone and its really not worth comparing PW and LR but i really do think PW was brought in purely on his record in this division and no more, it certainly wasn't a continuation of what LR had started 

I spoke to a chap who was part of the assessment team when Rosenior was doing his coaching badges and I said to him I really wasn't sure on Liam even when he was helping Rooney, ( he was assistant at the time ) yet what he told me shocked me a bit , he said that Liam was one of the brightest most inivative young coaches he'd come across and said he really hoped he had a succesful career whether as a coach or a manager also said he would in his opinion go onto be a good manager 

He's gone and is history now but lets please get a manager in who's going to get us playing actual football not the dross we are currently witnessing, I really do think Mr Clowes as a fan will not be too happy either with what hes seeing as hes a fan as well lets not forget

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Areas of control.

Blue = 55% or more of total touches in that area

Red = 45% or less

Grey = 'contested' (between 45% and 55%)

It is similar to the bloggers maps in the Ukraine conflict but there I can see what they are trying to do.

5 minutes ago, S8TY said:

After the Charlton away game last season where we should've won and somehow lost I went to work on the sunday and my work colleague whos a Charlton STH showed me the text he'd sent his mate who couldn't go.

His mate asked how the game was going and my work colleague's reply was," we are being torn a new one here and they will be the best team we'll face this season "

we lost 0-1 but what was evident was our passing and movement and switching of play was very good but we missed chances and that went on for a few games more but, I still firmly believe in time we would've clicked and possibly gone up , also I think Rosenior would've brought in some new recruits in the jan window to give us a boost.

Rosenior has gone and its really not worth comparing PW and LR but i really do think PW was brought in purely on his record in this division and no more, it certainly wasn't a continuation of what LR had started 

I spoke to a chap who was part of the assessment team when Rosenior was doing his coaching badges and I said to him I really wasn't sure on Liam even when he was helping Rooney, ( he was assistant at the time ) yet what he told me shocked me a bit , he said that Liam was one of the brightest most inivative young coaches he'd come across and said he really hoped he had a succesful career whether as a coach or a manager also said he would in his opinion go onto be a good manager 

He's gone and is history now but lets please get a manager in who's going to get us playing actual football not the dross we are currently witnessing, I really do think Mr Clowes as a fan will not be too happy either with what hes seeing as hes a fan as well lets not forget

Absolutely correct, I heard from very good sources early on after the takeover that Warne was approached ( Rotherham) and he turned us down which we pursued and I never thought LR was going to get an extended stay ( he did want a steeper pay rise as well) LR did ok considering the circumstances at that time but the Warne appointment is purely about getting out of league one with very limited resources compared to previous seasons. All that said Warne’s football is uninspiring and appears to disregard youngsters from our academy in preference for someone else’s who appear no better. I fully expect the sale of Cashin and Bird to go through in January as they clearly don’t want to extend their contracts here and I would say that’s manager related in my opinion but it leaves me expecting a tough time ahead if we are left with the type of players Warne has brought in because I seriously don’t rate them apart from their apparent ability to run around a lot.

I like to watch good football 

Perhaps what worries me more is the often re=posted tweet from that Rotherham fan who asks if we are getting loads of injuries during training. And while we have had 2 or 3 bd injuries during actual matches, the number of players who have apparently been injured walking from their car to the changing rooms on the first day of training is worrying. Add in how the players all seem absolutely knackered only partway through the first half makes me wonder if they are being overtrained? And that completely ignores the headless chicken style of play.

"Perplexed" would seem an appropriate description of how the fans are feeling right now. It can mean "confused" or "no solution to the problem" or "feeling of no way out".