Corey Blackett-Taylor - Signed on Loan/Permanent in Summer

Stuniverse

My uneducated guesswork about this deal is as follows:

Apart from the Club & EFL , no one knows the details of our agreed Business Plan with them. There may be a limit on new signings, or how much we can spend on loan fees, or a limit on our wages spend. What we do know, I believe, is there is a rule in League One that only a certain % of turnover can be spent on wages. Possibly, we are very near this limit and hence we are paying Charlton a loan fee and they are continuing to pay all/some of his wages.

This may/may-not, leave sufficient in the various pots (wages/fees/loans) to facilitate us doing a further deal/s. Hopefully we have enough leeway to be able to secure at least another striker.

Purely my own speculation, which admittedly might be total rubbish!

58 minutes ago, admira said:

Nigel Callaghan!

He didn't have real pace, but he had a trick or two and could cross it on to a sixpence. Sadly, his career nose dived after leaving us for Villa. I remember speaking to him after an away reserves match at villa park, he wasn't happy.

He quickly fell down to non League football before ending up running a bar in Spain. He was featured in a reality TV programme and must have weighed 20 stone, but they threw a football at him and he instantly controlled it and juggled it from one foot to another, showing great ball control.

7 minutes ago, ram59 said:

He didn't have real pace, but he had a trick or two and could cross it on to a sixpence. Sadly, his career nose dived after leaving us for Villa. I remember speaking to him after an away reserves match at villa park, he wasn't happy.

He quickly fell down to non League football before ending up running a bar in Spain. He was featured in a reality TV programme and must have weighed 20 stone, but they threw a football at him and he instantly controlled it and juggled it from one foot to another, showing great ball control.

I had a long chat with him a few years ago when he was DJing post match in The Victoria. had some great stories.

I'm not sure thie vision many of have CBT on one wing and NML on the other will be be in effect as often they're imagining, although I'm not saying it'll never happen.

One of the only big downsides mentioned by Charlton fans is CBTs lack of defensive effort and contribution and we don't exactly have high expectations of NML in that regard, so playing them both wide at the same time could be defensive suicide. Niambe may cope down the right, but from what we've seen of Elder (and as his career history would show) he's a good overlapping fullback playing in tandem with his winger,  but you don't want to be leaving him exposed as he doesn't seem the calm/composed type.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

7 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

I'm not sure thie vision many of have CBT on one wing and NML on the other will be be in effect as often they're imagining, although I'm not saying it'll never happen.

One of the only big downsides mentioned by Charlton fans is CBTs lack of defensive effort and contribution and we don't exactly have high expectations of NML in that regard, so playing them both wide at the same time could be defensive suicide. Niambe may cope down the right, but from what we've seen of Elder (and as his career history would show) he's a good overlapping fullback playing in tandem with his winger,  but you don't want to be leaving him exposed as he doesn't seem the calm/composed type.

Doubt it would happen but I really like NML as a striker, proven already this season he's a nightmare for defenders played through the middle. Being linked with Smith though it's clear Warne won't step away from his crossing game.

10 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

How much defensively has Barkhuizen offered when he's played opposite NML? None.

Warne revealed earlier in the season he's explicitly told NML to abandon the defensive side of his game, and actively attributed that change to his upturn in form. Our system is largely symmetrical so this is likely the instructions to both wingers, and given the recent trend of both wide players overlapping the striker, I think CBT on the opposite side to NML is actually the very obvious expectation, given he's featured primarily as a left winger for Charlton this season, while Mendez-Laing has been at his best on our right flank?

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

As I’ve mentioned before Cally is one of my best mates, what he could do with a football was ridiculous, not a bad storyteller or DJ either

And lover 😁 One of the Thompsons weren't impressed, A certain group of lads helping him out when things went tits up, Then a car driving down Sadlergate...all good fun in the day...so I heard 😉

3 hours ago, Returning ram said:

Just read Reading match thread tomorrow, once he has made his first bad touch there will be a few on ready to give their opinion 😏

Ah, but I'll know how he's played by then, I'll be there!

5 minutes ago, Topram said:

One of the best things about this is it’ll you’d think stop teams doubling up on NML, 2 fast threats from either side 

Or if they double up on both wide players it’ll leave a bit more space for Collins and the midfield 

57 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

And lover 😁 One of the Thompsons weren't impressed, A certain group of lads helping him out when things went tits up, Then a car driving down Sadlergate...all good fun in the day...so I heard 😉

Being one of those lads , I commend you on your memory 😀

1 hour ago, RIMBAUD said:

He was superb. Him and micklewhite and the tin man were superb wingers. If Black Taylor and Mendez lang perform as well as them we will all be happy. 

Callaghan really impressed with us and although wasn't fast he could go past a player and cross a superb ball in

Gary Micklewhite was so underrated and was brilliant for us and can honestly say was one of the biggest bargains we have ever signed

The Tin Man just had something about him with his languid style and could drop his shoulder and go past a player, always remember him scoring away at Spurs and running round behind the goal to celebrate

CBT will have a lot to do to get anywhere near them but good luck to the lad