Corey Blackett-Taylor - Signed on Loan/Permanent in Summer

Stuniverse

Good signing if he keeps improving.

Reminiscent of when we signed Blackman in some respects, he came in during the winter window after a very good 6 months. Hope he beds in better.

Pretty sure he and NML will be our first choice wide players going forward, switching sides when they feel like it. Its nice to know what we have in place the next few years.

Like that we have options out wide now who can bring different things if we need it, and we don't have to run NML into the ground.

Smith will round our attack off pretty well and I think we have enough in the squad overall to see us through injuries. Whilst I think we could upgrade on a few players any additional signings now will be a bonus.

31 minutes ago, Srg said:

He joined them on a 6 month contract initially after a trial, so wouldn’t think so. 

I knew that, just testing. 🫣

Just listened to the interview also.

It's great to finally get this one over the line, whether he'll be an improvement on what we already have, remains to be seen.

More importantly, he takes the pressure off NML somewhat, we tend to rely on him too much and at times he seems to have been overworked. Now, we can afford to use NML more effectively, resting him when needed and together with the other wide players, maintain 90+ minutes of pressure on opposing fullbacks.

The last £300k signing from Charlton that I recall led to me missing the school xmas disco to watch his debut! 

Ended up with neither of us scoring that night!    🙄

EDIT:
To be fair, I wasn't quite 14 at the time, so there was more chance of him scoring than me... or was there!  🤣 

Edited by Mucker1884

As a few have said, we need to make sure we dont expect too much too soon from him.

One thing fans & journos have said is when at Charlton, teams used to have to double up on him. Currently they try to do that to NML, so with CBT in the team they wont be able to double up on both of them meaning 1 will be in space to cause some damage....or if they do, that will create alot of space for others....so this may mean he doesnt have the impact we may think he will in goals & assists but may play a part in an increase from other areas.

Edited by DCFC1388

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

As a few have said, we need to make sure we dont expect too much too soon from him.

One thing fans & journos have said is when at Charlton, teams used to have to double up on him. Currently they try to do that to NML, so with CBT in the team they wont be able to double up on both of them meaning 1 will be in space to cause some damage....or if they do, that will create alot of space for others....so this may mean he doesnt have the impact we may think he will in goals & assists but may play a part in an increase from other areas.

Definitely provides balance to us, and threat from multiple areas. We were definitely over-reliant on NML in many many games. Can’t keep them both bottled up all game. 

57 minutes ago, Rample said:

Reminiscent of when we signed Blackman in some respects, he came in during the winter window after a very good 6 months. Hope he beds in better.

For me the difference here is we were trying to buy CBT in the summer but the deal couldn't be done, so it's not just based on his recent good form.

20 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

The last £300k signing from Charlton that I recall led to me missing the school xmas disco to watch his debut! 

EDIT:
To be fair, I wasn't quite 14 at the time, so there was more chance of him scoring than me... or was there!  🤣 

Even as a 14 year old at the school disco, you'd have had way more chance of scoring than the bearded wonder that was Derek Hales!

Now I think about it, I wonder if he's the reason I've always hated beards! 🤣 🤣 

42 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

EDIT:

TOPPSFOOT1977REDS2-190.jpg.2c0373d33607dfd42833c5b992b2cb9c.jpg

Actually, there are better photos that I should have used but, if nothing else, it will start another conversation about the badge.

Edited by IslandExile

1 hour ago, Rample said:

Pretty sure he and NML will be our first choice wide players going forward, switching sides when they feel like it. Its nice to know what we have in place the next few years.

Like that we have options out wide now who can bring different things if we need it, and we don't have to run NML into the ground.

Smith will round our attack off pretty well and I think we have enough in the squad overall to see us through injuries. Whilst I think we could upgrade on a few players any additional signings now will be a bonus.

I remember us competing with Wednesday for him.  Started at 550k and was 2.7 million with a supposed 25 k a week wage two weeks later.  Incredibly, they matched it but he wanted to be Coached by Warne- who we paid off a few weeks later for not doing it the Derby Way. I was desperate for them to get him. Blackman, Camara and a multi million pay off in a few glorious weeks. 

5 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Blackett-Taylor has put riders in place and wants a pink unicorn in the dressing room before every game, gold pegs and a pet marmoset in Derby kit.

Proving a little hard to source, hence the delay.

Bloody Brexiteers.