Match Thread: vs Bolton (A)

Rampant

13 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

People weren’t happy under Rosenior ‘it’s too slow, too boring and we pass too much’ now we have Warne ‘awful football, can’t pass, hoofball’. What will it take for people to be happy? 

Entertaining attacking football where we progressively pass the football forwards to our own players before shooting at the opponents goal - come on you know what folks want your a decent enough chap.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

This is the manager who doesn't consider Thompson to be a viable option at CM, nevermind the likes of DRobinson and Radcliffe, which is why he was barely used last season, used at LWB in pre-season, then used as a false LM in his few appearances this season. 

He complained that the squad was too small which resulted in the players being burnt out, but only used 1 player from the U21 squad in the league last season (Rooney).

And this is coming from somebody who knows the academy very well. 

So frustrating reading this thread. Too many waiting to say warne out at the first chance of things going against us.

We just lost to the best team in the league 2-1 with 10 men and a few pen shouts. 

3 pts from pboro and bolton away is not a bad return.

Get behind the team plenty of games left!

To confirm we actually made it to 112 successful passes, from 200 attempted. You can flip a coin and more or less determine if a pass will be successful. Terrifying.

Look through those two squads. Do we think their budget is much higher than ours if at all. I would be surprised if they have anyone on as much as our 2nd or 3rd highest earner. It would be nice if we started playing some football with these footballers.

Sadly I think we could have hired their manager at the same time we hired ours.

17 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

People weren’t happy under Rosenior ‘it’s too slow, too boring and we pass too much’ now we have Warne ‘awful football, can’t pass, hoofball’. What will it take for people to be happy? 

Playing the football that we are well capable of. All it needs is a manager who knows and wants his team to play to their strengths ………….. zzzzzzzz 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Watching the replay of Smith bringing down their player for the pen.

It’s outside the box, the Bolton player falls forward into the box which gives the ref the chance to give the peno he was desperate to give.

We’ve been poor and that needs to be addressed by the manager. But this ref has been a disgrace.

We lost to a non peno, a deflected cross and a very dubious red card, whilst playing poorly.

The ref even tried his best to stiff us when we scored by not allowing it and giving a pen instead

Edited by Ramarena

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Didnt he play last week and praised by warne ? 🤔

As I said in my post... "playing in a false LM position". Prior to our midfield signings and after Bird's injury, Warne publicly stated he had no senior CMs available other than Hourihane and Smith. That tells you everything you need to know.

Watching the replay, for their pen the foul was outside the box still a daft challenge from Smith. Sonny is having a mare with us, I was expecting so much more. Wildsmith unlucky I do think it was hand but it's just his natural reaction. We had a clear pen in the second not given. The footballs not great but PW isn't having much luck with injuries and individual errors.

Just now, Tombo said:

Listened to this on Radio Hysterics, what was the true reflection of this game? (posters I do not respect need not reply)

Second best all first half, grew into it nearer the end and got a penalty after the ball was in the net, and after another stonewall penalty. Then they get a penalty, looked on the edge of the box but could’ve been inside. Second half starts, Bradley (who was playing really well) drops (another) clanger leading to Wildsmith to get desperate and get sent off (rightly or wrongly) but the referee took a good 40 seconds to make a decision and the linesman didn’t flag it. Then we’re away to Bolton who will be top 2 with 10 men. We defended really well, Nelson in particular but then they get a fluke own goal that loops in. We get pegged back and have a few chances near the end. Wasn’t a great watch but no where near worth the meltdown in my opinion 

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Yep, that’s fair, I’m not disputing that. I simply feel this game is more of an anomaly than others have been this season.
We’ve lost 2-1 on the road to one of the better sides in the league, having played a chunk of the game with 10 men, the goals coming from two penalties and a deflected cross. If they were as good as we’re supposed to be poor it would have been 7-1. Got to dust ourselves down and go again.

Of those more vocal in their concerns about Warne, are any attending the fans forum? Perhaps someone could articulate it in a constructive way in that space how some of the fans feel about the style of football being served up, might be the opportunity some people want to share their views in the correct way 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

When is the fans forum?

Just now, Big Trav said:

Second best all first half, grew into it nearer the end and got a penalty after the ball was in the net, and after another stonewall penalty. Then they get a penalty, looked on the edge of the box but could’ve been inside. Second half starts, Bradley (who was playing really well) drops (another) clanger leading to Wildsmith to get desperate and get sent off (rightly or wrongly) but the referee took a good 40 seconds to make a decision and the linesman didn’t flag it. Then we’re away to Bolton who will be top 2 with 10 men. We defended really well, Nelson in particular but then they get a fluke own goal that loops in. We get pegged back and have a few chances near the end. Wasn’t a great watch but no where near worth the meltdown in my opinion 

Thanks. I'm Devon so no idea also

1 minute ago, The_Sheriff said:

So frustrating reading this thread. Too many waiting to say warne out at the first chance of things going against us.

We just lost to the best team in the league 2-1 with 10 men and a few pen shouts. 

3 pts from pboro and bolton away is not a bad return.

Get behind the team plenty of games left!

Do you honestly think today is the first time we've been poor under Warne? Do you think this is the first chance we've had to be critical? Sometimes I feel like I'm watching a different team than some people.

Plenty of games left. We have good players who can get us a result some weeks, despite the manager.

Can anyone remind me the last time we played well for (almost) 90 mins? Weirdly enough I think it might have been Bolton at home last season?

Unlucky in the end really. Was always going to be tough against a team with the quality of Bolton when you’re down to ten men. Sadly as soon as Sonny Bradley steps on the pitch you know he’s going to cost us the game. Warne should know this by now and brought Cashin on instead - head not in the right place, but still a much better player than Bradley.

Hardest game of the season out the way. Have to now start winning a lot more football matches.

22 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Not spinning anything, just pointing out things that actually happened which were conveniently left out of your argument.

FWIW, not arsed either way about PW. Just sick of seeing rubbish, unbalanced posts. 

Ta. 

My ‘argument’ is simply that I want to see a Derby County team that plays decent attacking football through all areas of the pitch including midfield, not the hoofball garbage this clown of a coach keeps insisting on playing. The individuals we have in the squad are good enough to compete for a top six place, but under Warne we are going nowhere. The only ‘unbalanced rubbish’ I’m seeing is on the pitch.