The Paul Warne Poll

Day

The Paul Warne Poll  

612 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

To be clear, I reckon Warne could go to a different club and do really well. I just don't think that club would be as big as Derby. He's thinking too small. We need a different style of manager entirely. 

Who would you want to replace him? I am one of the give him till Xmas brigade, but I am wavering. Still think we should have kept Liam.

21 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Such as?

Warning: slight overreaction ahead. Might be slightly tongue in cheek / facetious, not rely intended as a balanced post taking multiple factors into consideration (already done that with my other posts), just the one repeating issue 

Last season showed that you can't ask NML to keep playing when he's clearly knackered, or else he will become ineffective at best and sloppy as to be a problem to his own team at worst.

Warne alluded to overusing certain players when he analysed last season and the logical conclusion was that he was referring at least in part to NML. 

Even Phil Brown (Phil Brown FFS) was able to  point out today that NML was knackered quite early on and veering toward 'a problem', and that be should have been one of those subbed off... and yet he played all match.

So, such as?

Just one who learns from his mistakes and doesn't make Phil Brown look a tactical genius by comparison? That's not asking much is it?

Edited by Kokosnuss

The international break is a good opportunity for Clowes to review things. Ultimately he needs to consider whether Warne is the man to get the best out of this squad of players? Similarly to what he did last season with Rosenior. 

Are performances better now than they were at this point last season, does the investment correlate with the results achieved by the club in its current form?

He might still consider Warne the best person for the job, I don’t know, but it’s definitely worth the inquiry now.  

Previously I said he needs a full season, because under Mel so many knee jerks led to bits and pieces squads with cast offs from other managers all over.

Head tells me this should still be the case, but I’ve never been so fed up with our style, Warne makes Rowett look like Klopp. He’s like a P.E. Teacher and running them into the ground with little purpose some games. 

This squad should be up there, but our master tactician is going to be the biggest obstacle to success I fear.

34 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

To be clear, I reckon Warne could go to a different club and do really well. I just don't think that club would be as big as Derby. He's thinking too small. We need a different style of manager entirely. 

I agree I don’t think he’s a right fit at all

good manager but wrong club, feeling around the club at the minute just isn’t right 

34 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Head tells me this should still be the case, but I’ve never been so fed up with our style, Warne makes Rowett look like Klopp. He’s like a P.E. Teacher and running them into the ground with little purpose some games

This squad should be up there, but our master tactician is going to be the biggest obstacle to success I fear.

PE Teachers have to show progression.

I'm really sorry but again everything goes against you Warne needs to point out the decisions! It's never going to change until you slag the refs off, Neil warnock/ sir Alex they get decisions because of this speak with your hear and be more against the refs (I thought we played well under warnes tactics)

42 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Who would you want to replace him? I am one of the give him till Xmas brigade, but I am wavering. Still think we should have kept Liam.

bUt wE pAsSeD tHe bAlL aRoUnD sIdEwAyS tOo mUcH

Rosenior's Hull side won away at Leicester today & now sit in the top 6. This club's relentless ability to self sabotage never fails to disappoint.

I suspect his replacement will be hanging around for most of this season whilst we wind down his contract, hoping we can bludgeon our way out of this division. If Sonny Bradley is his way of utilising the budget wisely though, I don't want him trusted with anymore club money. Give Mark Thomas full control of incomings & tell Warne to either work with the players or leave. 

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

If Clowes was the person whom chose Warne as manager and this is being expressed now as the wrong decision how will the same person then make the right decision next time.

For the very simple reason that everyone, in every walk of life, sometimes gets things wrong and sometimes gets things right. 

As it happens, I think there is zero chance that DC will sack Warne yet. 

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

For the very simple reason that everyone, in every walk of life, sometimes gets things wrong and sometimes gets things right. 

As it happens, I think there is zero chance that DC will sack Warne yet. 

Of course and that's the point I was trying to make - what's going to be different next time.

Sone folks on here think there is a cast iron certainty that if you change managers then miraculously things will always autonomically improve.

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Of course and that's the point I was trying to make - what's going to be different next time.

Sone folks on here think there is a cast iron certainty that if you change managers then miraculously things will always autonomically improve.

Sorry. I thought you were implying that because DC got it wrong with Warne (if indeed that proves to be the case) then he’ll probably get it wrong next time.

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

No but they might change? What chance things will change under Warne? I think it is worrying what our squad will look like and play like the longer Warne stays.