The Paul Warne Poll

Day

The Paul Warne Poll  

612 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Absurd to judge on this bonkers game.

Early injury to Rooney
Handball in their pen ignored
We put the ball in the net yet have to score via a penalty
Smith foul - was it outside the area?
Why didn't the lino flag for Wildsmith  handling outside the area and subsequent red card, yet the ref makes the decision after speaking to him
Foul on Bradley in their pen ignored
Bolton defender handling in their pen ignored

Not that Warne doesn't have questions to answer over some of his decisions, but the worst thing is having to wait 2 weeks to be able to start to put things right

Disagree about the 2 weeks. If I was Warne I would welcome it to relieve the pressure. After a torrid time of injuries and transfer window the coaching staff have two weeks to work with most of the players, regroup, take a deep breath and restart.  Then we will see! 

12 hours ago, Ramley Apple said:

Today perhaps not, but they are second in the league for a reason and our season isn't going to hinge on away results at sides like Bolton

No but it will hinge on results like Wigan and Oxford. 

I refuse to believe we should be getting rolled over by them at home. Oxford especially was a travesty, Warne had the team set up and out there thinking we were coming up against Liverpool or something.

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I refuse to believe we should be getting rolled over by them at home. Oxford especially was a travesty, Warne had the team set up and out there thinking we were coming up against Liverpool or something.

Totally agree. It's baffling that people haven't noticed we've been awful to watch for ages. Can people only remember one game at a time?

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Think you have hit on it in how you phrased your last sentence. Many other posters have said Derby is too big a club for him but not really why but you summed it up perfectly. He still thinks he's at Rotherham setting the team up the same way. I feel sad but my view is changing on his fit for the role. I know injuries, officials, blah blah blah but we dont seem to have the fight against adversity 

10 hours ago, SSD said:

When I saw Warne at Rotherham I thought fair enough, he has to play more ugly football due to his budget constraints and being a manager at a smaller stature club. I thought he hit a ceiling with them and did a good job. I was certain he would step it up with us.

Bigger club, high expectations, integrate his more pragmatic style with our tidy and technically solid football. A good fusion. In reality, his football is horrible to watch, his stubbornness and inability to evolve kick and lump it is starting to pee a lot of supporters off. 

This. And all the rest of it of course.

Personally I'm also worried about how he will try and evolve the Academy and their players.

5 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Absurd to judge on this bonkers game.

Early injury to Rooney
Handball in their pen ignored
We put the ball in the net yet have to score via a penalty
Smith foul - was it outside the area?
Why didn't the lino flag for Wildsmith  handling outside the area and subsequent red card, yet the ref makes the decision after speaking to him
Foul on Bradley in their pen ignored
Bolton defender handling in their pen ignored

Not that Warne doesn't have questions to answer over some of his decisions, but the worst thing is having to wait 2 weeks to be able to start to put things right

I seem to remember other games we've won with only 10 men.

If you watched the game (atg or RamsTV) you'll know just how poor the football was - that wasn't the referees fault. The poor decisions were the ref's fault.

The awful play was down to the manager and how he set up the team. At times we were camped in our own box while their back 3 advanced to the nearly in the area - was that the ref'd fault? 

12 hours ago, Ramley Apple said:

Today perhaps not, but they are second in the league for a reason and our season isn't going to hinge on away results at sides like Bolton

6 games in to a new season, We'll see how good Bolton are at the end of April, Just a few of things, Bolton 0 Wigan 4, Burton 1 Bolton 1, Bolton 2 Derby 1 with 10 men.

Lots of "pundits" were saying DCFC for promotion or even League winners, The situation with Cashin looks to be like a dogs dinner, We looked to be desperate to sell, Something went wrong even to the point someone taking a picture of Cashin at Starbucks in Little Eaton 🤷‍♂️, If this turns out to be true that dogs dinner was left out in the sunshine and gone off, An incredible situation to be in, And If I'm right Cashin didn't get to the hotel until 2-30am...WTF.

Reverting to 352 which is PWs favoured line up doesn't look to be working and didn't help with yet another injury "Rooney" how many black cats has the DCFC bus ran over.

Our season will hinge on getting more points than the 7th placed team at the end of April, Getting 3 points at Bolton was/is just as important than getting 3 points at Burton, With the squad PW has assembled...we should be doing better, PW will be out of work if we do not at least get to the playoffs, League 1 isn't won in September.

To quote PW "I failed last season, If we don't get promoted this season I will have failed" or summat like that.

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I don’t think Warne is in any danger of being sacked as long as we are in the mix for promotion. If you just look at this league, it’s simply awful. Ipswich and Plymouth were so dominant last year because they were decent Championship sides playing in a league below.

This is the best time to sack him. It can been seen where his squad accumulation and team selection is going - as has been said it isn't going to get better. In the longer run we will end up with a squad even more difficult to turn back to a possession based game.

Now is the right time to sack Warne, to give the new manager plenty of chance (without too much pressure) to take us up.

8 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

6 games in to a new season, We'll see how good Bolton are at the end of April, Just a few of things, Bolton 0 Wigan 4, Burton 1 Bolton 1, Bolton 2 Derby 1 with 10 men.

Lots of "pundits" were saying DCFC for promotion or even League winners, The situation with Cashin looks to be like a dogs dinner, We looked to be desperate to sell, Something went wrong even to the point someone taking a picture of Cashin at Starbucks in Little Eaton 🤷‍♂️, If this turns out to be true that dogs dinner was left out in the sunshine and gone off, An incredible situation to be in, And If I'm right Cashin didn't get to the hotel until 2-30am...WTF.

Reverting to 352 which is PWs favoured line up doesn't look to be working and didn't help with yet another injury "Rooney" how many black cats has the DCFC bus ran over.

Our season will hinge on getting more points than the 7th placed team at the end of April, Getting 3 points at Bolton was/is just as important than getting 3 points at Burton, With the squad PW has assembled...we should be doing better, PW will be out of work if we do not at least get to the playoffs, League 1 isn't won in September.

To quote PW "I failed last season, If we don't get promoted this season I will have failed" or summat like that.

The key question is how long will Warne  perservere with his preferred system? - regardless of how unsuited the majority of or players are to it and how many games we struggle in....if we start to have consistently poor performaces at home, the crowd will turn.

You'd think that a manager would realise fairly soon that he has to simpy accept that a different set-up would be more productive, but he seems to be incredibly stubborn - combine that with some strange choices of where to play people on the pitch (sign a CDM and play him as a No. 10?) and strange substitutions and it's not looking great for the rest of the season...

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is the best time to sack him. It can been seen where his squad accumulation and team selection is going - as has been said it isn't going to get better. In the longer run we will end up with a squad even more difficult to turn back to a possession based game.

Now is the right time to sack Warne, to give the new manager plenty of chance (without too much pressure) to take us up.

So we bring a new manager in immediately after the main transfer window has slammed shut and you consider this to be the best timing.

Naturally the squad we have should be plying their trades in the Champions League. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

So we bring a new manager in immediately after the main transfer window has slammed shut and you consider this to be the best timing.

Naturally the squad we have should be plying their trades in the Champions League. 

Yep. There's a break now and another one coming up, then there's a January window. The squad picks itself mostly, well except for RFB - what happened there Paul? Give the new manager chance to assess and if necessary add. Maybe he won't want a small squad?! 

Edited by RoyMac5

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Yep. There's a break now and another one coming up, then there's a January window. The squad picks itself mostly, well except for RFB - what happened there Paul? 

When you put it like that you make football league management to be an absolute doddle. 

In fact who needs a manager when the players can decide themselves where everyone plays it's that's easy. 

8 hours ago, S8TY said:

Interesting to see that some Warne fans are slowly turning and I'm one of them 

I was all for his appointment it seemed a good choice, Under Rosenior the football wasn't to my liking, DC employed a man that looked a good fit, 3 promotions from League 1, He and his coaches had the experience, Now he's been given a budget and this is his team, Failure this season and the door will be open, If results don't improve the fans will turn...that's football for you, It won't matter that DC saved DCFC It's the now that counts not the past.

It's not the end of the world if DCFC aren't promoted this season, But it will be for PW...imo

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

When you put it like that you make football league management to be an absolute doddle. 

In fact who needs a manager when the players can decide themselves where everyone plays it's that's easy. 

Well isn't Warne going down that route letting the squad pick the captain, they'll pick the team next. 

9 hours ago, ANGERMAN1 said:

I re-watched his first press conference and he waffled on about football being "theatre" and entertaining the fans. How he wanted to create a team the fans would applaud after every game. Here's a few comments he made that sound like sick jokes now:

Style of play; 

"If you've got really good footballers, you're going to play football. If you've got really good athletes, you're going to make it as athletic as you can"

Before then going on to say;

"I think here we've got really good footballers who will know they're very good athletes. They don't know yet but they'll know" (followed by a wry smile that makes his face rather punchable).

How he wants the fans to feel;

"Our job in League 1 is to make the Derby fans feel like a million dollars. Put on a product they enjoy watching and can see what the team are trying to do"

Well, his style of football makes me feel like s***, even some of the players are unsure of what they're supposed to be doing and his stubborn nature of wishing to turn footballers into "athletes" has failed us.

Add his recruitment into the mix (considering his stubborn nature of sticking with his 'system') and he comes across as a clueless fool. How I wish we could get rid of him tomorrow!

Wow, fans talking about punching the manager in the face is not going to help anyone. I do think it’s time for the owner to take a bit of the heat off HIS manager. Not the dreaded vote of confidence but explain the difficult circumstances the manager has inherited.

6 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

How many promotions have you achieved from league one?

How many relegations from league 1 have you achieved? Mores the point how many clubs 3 times the size of the only one you have previously managed have you managed and stank the place out?

12 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

The key question is how long will Warne  perservere with his preferred system? - regardless of how unsuited the majority of or players are to it and how many games we struggle in....if we start to have consistently poor performaces at home, the crowd will turn.

You'd think that a manager would realise fairly soon that he has to simpy accept that a different set-up would be more productive, but he seems to be incredibly stubborn - combine that with some strange choices of where to play people on the pitch (sign a CDM and play him as a No. 10?) and strange substitutions and it's not looking great for the rest of the season...

Incredibly stubborn will get him the sack, Football is an ever changing game, You have tools at your disposal(players)if these tools are not used for the purpose they were bought for then you'd better get out of the workshop.

He comes across as a nice person, I've known nice people in my life...it doesn't make them good at what they do/did, IMO he's at a club with great expectations, It's OK doing well at Rotherham no disrespect to them but a small club with a small budget, Even under the EFL vice PW has been given the clout to recruit.

Someone quoted me the other day when I said why do you like PW, The reply was "he's a good manager" only time will tell 😉