Eiran Cashin

Heisenberg

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I can't see Cash going. If we were close on valuations I think a deal would have been done by now, any last minute deal gives us little time to replace.

Unfortunately I can see him going. I think BHA will ultimately offer £3m at some stage in the next day or so, and Clowes will surely have to take it. There will be no loan back either (no advantage to BHA). If it happens the best we can hope for is that Warne and his team have a decent replacement in mind (lined up).

42 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Unfortunately I can see him going. I think BHA will ultimately offer £3m at some stage in the next day or so, and Clowes will surely have to take it. There will be no loan back either (no advantage to BHA). If it happens the best we can hope for is that Warne and his team have a decent replacement in mind (lined up).

3 million plus slightly softens the blow (very slightly)

Potentially interesting couple of days ahead.

I can see Cashin being sold, but not without a loan back. I’m also fairly sure that we have some idea of what we would do with any funds raised from the sale. I’d like to see a centre back with some pace come in, which is a difficult request for a league one side as clubs are usually on high alert for quick centre backs that can defend.

Someone like Mengi comes to mind as a quick young centre back who hasn’t developed as planned but still has plenty of time to develop and can comfortably perform at this level. 

6 hours ago, Arsene Titman said:

No,it doesn’t- it says he has held talks with Brighton. Read my previous post

"Derby County defender Eiran Cashin has held talks with Premier League side Brighton Hove Albion ahead of a possible summer switch, according to journalist Mike McGrath."

According to Mike McGrath, Brighton have held talks with the aim of landing Cashin before Friday’s deadline. He is seen as a player that the seagulls are very much interested in signing before the window slams shut.of landing Cashin before Friday’s deadline. He is seen as a player that the seagulls are very much interested in signing before the window slams shut"

Same article-two different scenarios-crafty journalism !🙄

8 hours ago, i-Ram said:

BHA have loaned out a few players , like Clarke. It’s unlikely Cash would get straight into the Prem. If Derby insist on a loan back condition why wouldn’t BHA accept that.. no advantage you say but what’s the disadvantage? 

I wonder if we might reach some middle ground.  BHA pay in the region of £3M with a loan back until January.  It helps us as we have continuity in the short-term and even if we did sign someone else it means they can be eased in.  Or, it does give us 3 or 4 months to get a replacement lined up for early January.  BHA benefit as it means Cash keeps playing but they have the option to then loan him to a Championship club in January.

Selling Cashin creates wiggle room.

I imagine Fornah and John-Jules have pretty much eaten our remaining budget.

The link to the Hull lad means he is/was probably first choice replacement on loan if Cash didn't return (and let's face it I would want Cash playing at Championship level if I were Brighton.)

I suspect in addition to a replacement defender, we could squeeze another loan or 2 out of the fee.

Will be disappointed to see him go but it may be a necessary evil. 

12 minutes ago, Rample said:

The link to the Hull lad means he is/was probably first choice replacement on loan if Cash didn't return (and let's face it I would want Cash playing at Championship level if I were Brighton.)

I suspect in addition to a replacement defender, we could squeeze another loan or 2 out of the fee.

Which "Hull lad"? We've been linked with Longman from them, but he's a winger/wing-back

17 minutes ago, Rample said:

Did you maybe mean Humphrys from Rotherham?

He’s been linked. Warne rubbished rumours when a fee was discussed but if we got money for Cashin he might be an option again.

8 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Here's a radical new idea.....

Let's keep our best players.

We could even build a team around them.

Mind blowing, eh?

Can’t build a team round a player who can walk away for free next summer. I think a few fans need a reality check that at the minute we are miles away from being a team who can retain its best players. We’re a division 3 team and there’s 44 clubs in leagues above us who can tempt our players away with the promise of a higher level of football and more money. 

3 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Can’t build a team round a player who can walk away for free next summer. I think a few fans need a reality check that at the minute we are miles away from being a team who can retain its best players. We’re a division 3 team and there’s 44 clubs in leagues above us who can tempt our players away with the promise of a higher level of football and more money. 

Which is why you extend the contracts of the players you do want to build the team around. Cashin, Bird, Thompson and Sibley should be central to our long term plan.

At the moment, this is the best team would we could field next season:

Vickers

Rooney   Bradley   Nelson

Wilson   Fornah   Radcliffe   Elder

Ward   Washington   DBrown

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I’d like to see a centre back with some pace come in, which is a difficult request for a league one side as clubs are usually on high alert for quick centre backs that can defend.

If Cashin does go (and I hope he doesn't), one player I'd look at would be Josh Earl who impressed in our recent match against Fleetwood. Looked to be quite pacey when being run at by NML and at 24, an ideal age with more than half of his 100+ appearances being at Championship,level. Not certain but think he might also be left-sided so virtually a direct replacement for Cashin.

41 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Which is why you extend the contracts of the players you do want to build the team around. Cashin, Bird, Thompson and Sibley should be central to our long term plan.

You know as well as I do that there are 2 parties to a contract.

If Cashin & Bird are unwilling to extend their contracts whilst we're a L1 club then there's not a lot the club can do at this stage other than to sell for a decent fee, or keep and hope that we get promoted this season, or hope to receive adequate compensation in the summer.

Thompson & Sibley should be easier extentions to do, and you'd hope that negotiations have already begun.

Edited by Carnero

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

BHA have loaned out a few players , like Clarke. It’s unlikely Cash would get straight into the Prem. If Derby insist on a loan back condition why wouldn’t BHA accept that.. no advantage you say but what’s the disadvantage? 

BHA had 23 players out on loan last season alone. Why would they want a ‘development asset’ playing a second season in League 1. He needs to be thoroughly tested to see what his upside potentially is. He will either be loaned to a Championship team, or a team in one of the European leagues (as Mac Allister and Caicedo were). They are looking to turn a ‘£3m’ asset into something > £10m+. Cashin is not going to improve playing next to Nelson, coming up again against Lincoln and Shrewsbury, or being coached by Warne.

10 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Here's a radical new idea.....

Let's keep our best players.

We could even build a team around them.

Mind blowing, eh?

Easy said then done though,firstly he is out of contract come the summer so he could go anyway and secondly once a players head as been turned its pretty much game over BHA will be offering at least treble his wages so cant blame him 

We have to remember we a are a third tear club now and easy pickings even more so the fact we still havent got a pot to hiss in

35 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

BHA had 23 players out on loan last season alone. Why would they want a ‘development asset’ playing a second season in League 1. He needs to be thoroughly tested to see what his upside potentially is. He will either be loaned to a Championship team, or a team in one of the European leagues (as Mac Allister and Caicedo were). They are looking to turn a ‘£3m’ asset into something > £10m+. Cashin is not going to improve playing next to Nelson, coming up again against Lincoln and Shrewsbury, or being coached by Warne.

You just couldn’t resist could you 🤣🤣