Michael Smith

DCFC1388

I’d imagine their manager saying they need more in just means they need more in before anyone would leave.

He didn’t get a game last night which is surprising considering they were losing in the last 10 mins and he was their top scorer.

I’d imagine Gregory, Windass, Fletcher and even Paterson (who played RB last night) would be ahead of Smith judging by last night. 

3 minutes ago, Mckram said:

I’d imagine their manager saying they need more in just means they need more in before anyone would leave.

He didn’t get a game last night which is surprising considering they were losing in the last 10 mins and he was their top scorer.

I’d imagine Gregory, Windass, Fletcher and even Paterson (who played RB last night) would be ahead of Smith judging by last night. 

And Musaba..who came on for Gregory!

General response from Wendy fans on t’internet seems to be that they’d be OK with him leaving permanently but loaning him out would make no sense.

I do think a loan may make some sense though. If he scores the goals to take us up, then we *should* have more financial muscle to buy him. If not, Wednesday still have a very good L1 striker if they go down. 

32 minutes ago, Mckram said:

A striker who is behind Gregory. Mouthwatering

1 hour ago, BriggRam said:

I didnt even know.....i saw your reply, thought "eh" and cracked on.....then i saw the news.....mad

That is crazy. Maybe you saw a pic of him somewhere and subconciously thought to post it? Hope the end of the actor's life was much less unpleasant that the drug boss character.

2 hours ago, Kernow said:

General response from Wendy fans on t’internet seems to be that they’d be OK with him leaving permanently but loaning him out would make no sense.

I do think a loan may make some sense though. If he scores the goals to take us up, then we *should* have more financial muscle to buy him. If not, Wednesday still have a very good L1 striker if they go down. 

But why would we use any money to buy him in the championship? By all accounts he’s good in league one but isn’t in the championship, and he would be 32 by then. 

2 hours ago, Kernow said:

I think it’ll be a permanent based on what Warne said recently. The loan will be the wingback. 

48 minutes ago, Srg said:

But why would we use any money to buy him in the championship? By all accounts he’s good in league one but isn’t in the championship, and he would be 32 by then. 

I guess it all depends how he did this season. Would save us money when the budget is tight this year, but could be obliged to buy him if we go up to convince Weds to do the deal. It could be similar to the Washington deal but with a loan aspect instead.

11 hours ago, Srg said:

Not sure why they would loan. With his age, what advantage does a loan give them rather than just getting rid?

Gets his wages off the bill for someone to come in, and they have to be realistic knowing they could go down this year meaning they might need him next season.

I’m all for a big number nine like Smith coming in but we have to have a Plan B.

We don’t have a single forward capable of turning defenders or beating them with pace. 

We’re assembling a team of slow players and hoping crosses will lead to goals.

As Wigan (and not Derby) showed yesterday, a well organised defence can deal with crosses from the wing.

Smith will help increase our chances of scoring. Collins seems a lovely character but I think even he knows he’s not a finisher.

But we definitely need a pacy 10 and a driving midfield player or we will struggle this year.

15 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I’m all for a big number nine like Smith coming in but we have to have a Plan B.

We don’t have a single forward capable of turning defenders or beating them with pace. 

As Wigan (and not Derby) showed yesterday, a well organised defence can deal with crosses from the wing.

Smith will help increase our chances of scoring. Collins seems a lovely character but I think even he knows he’s not a finisher.

But we definitely need a pacy 10 and a driving midfield player or we will struggle this year.

Think Washington is supposed to be the pacy striker who plays on the shoulder. But not seen enough of him to judge.

7 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Washington and Mendez Laing are fast enough to beat a defender