Most despised XI

BaaLocks

20 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Sammon was not divisive. He had zero talent, and you cannot divide by zero.

Worked hard for the team, had comedy value. He clearly didn't have 'zero talent' (although it was rather limited!) and at international level formed a good partnership with Robbie Keane. Funnily enough he'd probably have been the sort of player Warne would value.

17 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Agree on Keogh. He suffers from McFarlandism. Any Derby defender not as faultless as Roy will eventually get slated by a small group of our fans. Having high standards is fine, but sometimes I wonder if some fans are based in reality. Keogh was absolutely fantastic for us.

He was a proper good time charlie in footballer form.

Very good when his team is on the front foot and isn't put up to much defensive scrutiny. Poor if ever put in a team regularly on the backfoot or exposed by a weak midfield, and a bloody terrible on-field captain who dragged everyone else down with him when he started to panic and lose his head. Also a clownish moron who refuses to accept any responsibility for his own errors.

Edited by Kokosnuss

39 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Worked hard for the team, had comedy value. He clearly didn't have 'zero talent' (although it was rather limited!) and at international level formed a good partnership with Robbie Keane. Funnily enough he'd probably have been the sort of player Warne would value.

He was a proper good time charlie in footballer form.

Very good when his team is on the front foot and isn't put up to much defensive scrutiny. Poor if ever put in a team regularly on the backfoot or exposed by a weak midfield, and a bloody terrible on-field captain who dragged everyone else down with him when he started to panic and lose his head. Also a clownish moron who refuses to accept any responsibility for his own errors.

But apart from that?

Roos

Malone

Keogh

Bogle

Holmes

Lawrence

Bennett

All players that have taken a fair bit of criticism on this forum and yet they were all in the starting lineup in one of our most memorable games in recent years, the 4-2 playoff victory against Leeds.

3 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Roos

Malone

Keogh

Bogle

Holmes

Lawrence

Bennett

All players that have taken a fair bit of criticism on this forum and yet they were all in the starting lineup in one of our most memorable games in recent years, the 4-2 playoff victory against Leeds.

Plus Three other players weren’t ours which just leaves Bradley Johnson.😂

I’m siding with AngieRam in defence of John McGovern. He did all the un-noticed donkey work that enabled the rest of the team to “tick”.

I agree with Mikel Beck being in the side -a complete duffer. As was Andy Todd, who arrived with great fanfares on the back of his dad’s reputation. 

Warren Barton was another poor player. He arrived with Rob Lee who did put a shift in, but all Barton did when he got the ball was lump it skywards, hopefully up the pitch, but mainly upwards as high as possible. What a waste of Derby oxygen.

Then there were the two French guys that Colin Todd brought in who were dire. And on the subject of Colin Todd - no matter how great he was as a player, he shafted the club as a manager. He was being groomed to take over from Jim Smith, maybe at the end of that season. Instead he jumped the gun, went behind his boss’s back and got Jim sacked. The result was that the team wouldn't play for him, and was worse to watch than anything that John “personality vacuum” Newman could conjure up.

Good grief! We put up with some troach in our time, haven’t we?

7 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

SIlly summer season - how about a most hated Derby XI. Not necessarily the worst, but the team the fans just didn't like. For example, Francois Grenet, Mikkel Beck were just rubbish. It's the ones who got the boos, or at least a very muffled reaction, when their name was announced. And it has to be while they were with Derby - not because they went off to Leeds or wherever.

I'll kick us off (and try not to just make it a load of ex-Forest players, I could easily fill this with Paterson, Dowell, Tyson etc). Has to be players who really got on the wrong side of the fans):

Chairman: Mel Morris / Robert Maxwell job share

Manager: Tommy Docherty

Assistant Manager: Billy Davies

Director Of Football: Sam Rush

1: Jon Middleton

2: Tyrone Mears

3: Stephan Schnoor

4: Jacob Butterfield

5: Richard Keogh

6: Kenny Burns

7: Gary Teale

8: Don Masson

9: Rob Earnshaw

10: Mason Bennett

11: John Robertson

Subs:

- John McGovern

- Vic Moreland

- Robbie Savage

- Fabrizio Ravanelli

There you go, that's a pretty unpopular team to go watch.

1 Lee Camp

2 Francois Grenet

3 Danny Mills

4 Paul Thirwell

5 Bjorn Otto Bragstad

6 Claude Davis

7 Nathan Tyson

8 Don Masson

9 Bobby Campbell

10 Stern John

11 Laurent Robert

During my era, there are a few that spring to mind. I'd go for a front 3 of Earnshaw, Miller, and John. Earnshaw and John were especially reviled. I think for the manager it's a contest between Nigel Pearson and Phil Brown. I can still remember Brown berating the fans on the radio because he thought we'd boo'd Kevin Poole when people had chanted his name.... 

Anya won a hard-earned reputation in midfield as a complete scrounger by robbing the club blind. Whilst Savage won over a decent contingent of fans, a number still booed him when the announcer read out his name before kick-off. 

In defence, Claude Davies is an all too obvious candidate. 

These are just off the top of my head.