Jordan Rhodes - gone to Blackpool

Topram

18 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Rhodes is literally been frozen out of Huddersfield’s squad.

When Warnock was interviewed after their pre season game he replied with “We’ll see how it develops” 

To me there is a deal to be done. However, wages might be the hurdle….

If Rhodes is the player PW was referring to as the one who let him down...why would PW want to sign a player that hasn't the inclination or desire to play for us.

Swipe left and move on...to where...that is the question.

23 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

It’s all guesswork as to who has “lied” to Warne, but if you’re in Rhodes’s shoes and Derby come calling, there’s no doubt you’d be at Moor Farm in a flash! 

Here's an alternative view . 

If a move to Derby uproots your family , is on about half the income , for maybe a chance to play some games , mostly being asked to do a different job to your strengths and be asked to be top of your game at your strengths, it does need serious consideration.  We don't know his personal circumstances or preferences ... 

Maybe he wants a two year deal to make the same income as runnIng his contract down for a year at Huddersfield,  this doesn't fit our 1 year veteran contract offer .. so a stalemate. 

1 hour ago, deanoakaram4life said:

When Warnock was interviewed after their pre season game he replied with “We’ll see how it develops” 

That seems a little far fetched 🥶

45 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

If a move to Derby uproots your family , is on about half the income , for maybe a chance to play some games , mostly being asked to do a different job to your strengths and be asked to be top of your game at your strengths, it does need serious consideration.  We don't know his personal circumstances or preferences ... 

Maybe he wants a two year deal to make the same income as runnIng his contract down for a year at Huddersfield,  this doesn't fit our 1 year veteran contract offer .. so a stalemate. 

Or

Everything was sorted as medicals are the last part in signing a contract , Wages, Position he's playing, Family to move down at a later date, Somehow that Fly in the ointment was struggling to get out.

19 hours ago, bucktwo said:

If he is in the frame for us I doubt he'd need to move house - his last two permanent clubs have been Huddersfield and Sheff Weds so chances are he lives somewhere in that general area - probably an hour, maybe a 90 mins drive to Moor Farm - A lot of footballers commute further than that every day for work 

10 minutes ago, Terry Hennessy said:

Well judging by Warnes comments in DET today he's not coming ... I'm guessing that Waggy now looks more likely plus A.N. Other...

More than happy with this. 

Waggy will have an impact and if it allows another body in the door then even better. 

30 minutes ago, Terry Hennessy said:

By the sheer fact that Rhodes hasn't "arrived" after apparently coming over to Moor Farm - what 2 weeks ago now... is a pretty big indicator that he'd rather stick with his £10k pw and not play.... we dont need any of those players any more do we....as far as I'm concerned he can F.O......

I understand anyone wanting a well paid job and not wanting a salary cut. Wouldn’t blame anyone for saying that. 

But if you’ve made deal and then backed out ? - we don’t know if he has - but it would volumes about your character and general commitment to so many things.

7 minutes ago, jono said:

I understand anyone wanting a well paid job and not wanting a salary cut. Wouldn’t blame anyone for saying that. 

But if you’ve made deal and then backed out ? - we don’t know if he has - but it would volumes about your character and general commitment to so many things.

There's a lot of hypotheticals in here!

Who knows what has (and hasn't) gone on. If he doesn't sign, then for whatever reason(s) he doesn't sign, it'll be for the best.

Could have said to PW that he really wants to come, but needs to negotiate an exit deal with HT and advised PW that he was confident that he could.

Then it turns out HT play hardball and he wants to play a who blinks first game with HT (as Colin would really want to have the wages for someone who he wants to play).

PW doesn’t want to play the game and has moved on.

On 30/07/2023 at 11:42, deanoakaram4life said:

Doesn't look happy about it tbf...

image.png.9f477cc5624b5fdd044fb42dda2792d1.png