Jordan Rhodes - gone to Blackpool

Topram

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Why would you turn down Derby and choose Blackpool?

Rhodes would have been a poor signing for Derby, I could be wrong, but I see him getting 8/9 goals, having a stop/start season and being disappointing overall.

This lad from Arsenal excites me far more than Rhodes would have.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

He never played for Wednesday at this level. The last time he played at this level he scored 35 goals in 40 league games. 

How long ago was that though?

you can’t ignore his last seven years or whatever it is

39 minutes ago, DerbyAleMan said:

Thank f*** for that. 

Not as good as Waghorn, Collins and wash and glad we got a young player in John -Jules instead of Rhodes, will do fa at Blackpool. 

As I was having a little read of the fall out of their loss to Blackpool, it was evident that he was a class apart from the rest of his team. They made reference of him wanting to get on the first bus back to Huddersfield. The comments very similar to our issues with Rosenior last season.

On Rhodes, he’s had the best goal per minutes ratio in each of Huddersfield’s last three seasons. He’s played in the Championship for over a decade and is one of the most decorated forwards at that level in the last 20-30 years. I have absolutely no doubts that Blackpool have deeper creativity issues, but ultimately I am positive that Rhodes will stand as a class apart at this level. To compare him to Collins, in my opinion, is disrespectful. Waghorn and Washington are different types of players. I’m happy to get TJJ as I think he has the potential to be a real player for us not only at this level but higher up the leagues.