Conor Washington - signed on a two-year-deal

Animal is a Ram

"We're aware of the rumours," Rotherham boss Matt Taylor said. "Rumours will always happen because of the Derby connection. That's something we can't hide away from. We've not had any contact from anyone."

taken from here https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/rotherham-united/view,rotherham-united-boss-matt-taylor-responds-to-reports-derby-county-want-cen_45767.htm

13 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

"We're aware of the rumours," Rotherham boss Matt Taylor said. "Rumours will always happen because of the Derby connection. That's something we can't hide away from. We've not had any contact from anyone."

taken from here https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/rotherham-united/view,rotherham-united-boss-matt-taylor-responds-to-reports-derby-county-want-cen_45767.htm

But Big Trav said Washington was one of the players who met Warne.

The Rotherham manager or Big Trav, I know who I'm believing..

19 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

But Big Trav said Washington was one of the players who met Warne.

The Rotherham manager or Big Trav, I know who I'm believing..

It is possible that Warne has met Washington and that Rotherham have had no contact from anyone.

4 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

It is possible that Warne has met Washington and that Rotherham have had no contact from anyone.

I believe that is against the rules.  The previous regime at this club would have gone along with that; I don't see Warne or Clowes doing it.

That isn't to say there is not going to be any.  It depends on the rules we are under - perhaps we needed Beilek off the books, or to have booked his fee, to sanction the ability to make the move.   

40 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

I think Warne would be far to respectful of other clubs to go and talk to a player without getting permission off the club first. Even more so with Rotherham.

The links were there so it's not really that much of a stretch for Trav to say we've spoken to him without having heard any such thing.

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I think Warne would be far to respectful of other clubs to go and talk to a player without getting permission off the club first. Even more so with Rotherham.

The links were there so it's not really that much of a stretch for Trav to say we've spoken to him without having heard any such thing.

It's hard to imagine we would pay a fee for him. I presumed he was out of contract when all the speculation started

3 minutes ago, sage said:

It's hard to imagine we would pay a fee for him. I presumed he was out of contract when all the speculation started

Maybe mate. I'm not sure. But if he's under contract then we can't just speak to him without asking the club. 

Collins had a year left didn't he and we got him in for free.