Conor Washington - signed on a two-year-deal

Animal is a Ram

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Great goal away at Luton too, great view behind the goal 😁

As I was typing my message regarding Stead that memory of being behind the goal was exactly what I was thinking …lol his reaction when scoring was brilliant also ….

6 minutes ago, S8TY said:

As I was typing my message regarding Stead that memory of being behind the goal was exactly what I was thinking …lol his reaction when scoring was brilliant also ….

Then the Stevie Howard goal after the nice free kick manoeuvre was the icing on the 🎂

In a 352 formation, we probably need four strikers. If Washington isn't a first choice player I think he's not the worse signing.

I doubt he will score 15 goals in a season.

He's not a direct replacement for mcgoldrick.

He's not going to be a game changer.

He has previous league one experience.

He's an extra striker.

He's not better than alfie may for example.

Hia style of play is known by Warne, and therefore probably fits what Warne wants to do with the team.

Hes not an inspirational signing.

He's a player that I doubt it's a hard fought battle to sign.

1 hour ago, Jase116 said:

I'm looking at it another way, competition for Collins , not to play together? Both of them work their socks off up front,  and if for example we sign clarke_harris,May or Smith , both these players could be a good foil to play alongside jc/cw. Say jc/cw play 23 games each from the start and score 10 goals maybe a more proven goalscorer gets a minimum of 20 goals,  we wouldn't be losing many matches 

Who do you think you are? Coming round here, spreading some sensible rationale thought about?!

Good post, Warne has said a couple of times words to the effect of wanting selfless players willing to come and play their part for the team. He’s also said we need to sign multiple forward options, we all admit last season we were lacking bodies up front. Having Washington and Collins to complement whoever the other forward players we end up signing might be exactly what’s needed. The league one Heskey/Owen, Okazaki/Vardy, Sturridge/Wanchope? 

23 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Who do you think you are? Coming round here, spreading some sensible rationale thought about?!

Good post, Warne has said a couple of times words to the effect of wanting selfless players willing to come and play their part for the team. He’s also said we need to sign multiple forward options, we all admit last season we were lacking bodies up front. Having Washington and Collins to complement whoever the other forward players we end up signing might be exactly what’s needed. The league one Heskey/Owen, Okazaki/Vardy, Sturridge/Wanchope? 

Sorry, I didn’t mean to be sensible 🤣🤣🤣

If we are signing a player that creates space and forces mistakes from defenders, then I’m more than happy to see him in a Derby shirt.

If he can do that without looking like he’s doing it in concrete boots, even better.

Talking of Collins, he may be the best finisher in the club, so if we can bring in someone else to do his running, it gives him opportunity to play in the areas where he is most dangerous.

48 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Toshak and Kev

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

In a 352 formation, we probably need four strikers. If Washington isn't a first choice player I think he's not the worse signing.

I doubt he will score 15 goals in a season.

He's not a direct replacement for mcgoldrick.

He's not going to be a game changer.

He has previous league one experience.

He's an extra striker.

He's not better than alfie may for example.

Hia style of play is known by Warne, and therefore probably fits what Warne wants to do with the team.

Hes not an inspirational signing.

He's a player that I doubt it's a hard fought battle to sign.

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

Whilst he might not be an inspirational signing (should this come to fruition), until he's in a Rams shirt I'd reserve judgement. McGoldrick wasn't a 20 goal a season striker until last his unprecedented performance for us 2022/23:- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_McGoldrick

Strikers score goals in teams doing well and when they get good service. If he's been playing in struggling to middling sides for most of his career that has a major impact on his return. Either way its another option in the squad which we definitely need as it stands. I know very little about him as a footballer so I reserve judgement. He's clearly not going to be a signing for the future considering his age, so he's a squad player at best, and a known quantity to Warne and the coaching staff should this be completed.