The Home Kit Colour Debate

Day

The Colour Debate  

254 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was brought up on white/blue/red numbers.
I was gutted when we changed to black shorts.  It took eons to get over it... but get over it I did! 🦾
As romantic as those blue shorts were, I couldn't face another change of colour scheme so soon after the last one! (👀)

I just have to vote for "No More Change".

Socks?  Meh... not so fussed, mesen.  Preferably not holey, though!  👀

7 minutes ago, roboto said:

Could we have an option for red or black numbers on the back too? 🙂

Tried to add it on, but if you have already voted in the first question, wouldn’t let you vote in the next so afraid not without creating a new topic on that.

38 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Mainly White & Black Shirt with yellow/gold trim

Mainly Black & White Shorts with yellow/gold trim

Mainly White & Black Socks with yellow/gold trim

soccer-derby-county-v-wimbledon.jpg?s=20

Whilst this was my era and can admire the greatness in this photo, that gold trim was awful, sooner we can get rid of the yellow/gold seats in Pride Park as well the better.

Best thing the club has done in recent years was to release the Ram from all the diamond and circle nonsense around it. 

I wonder how far people would be willing to step away from tradition?

You sometimes see teams who play in stripes stray away from that. Southampton’s new kit, Sheffield Wednesday did too recently.

I wonder what the reaction would be like if we went for black and stripes, black and white halves, or just more black in general with a band across the midriff or black sleeves?

There’s only so much that can be done with a black and white shirt each year.

14 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I wonder how far people would be willing to step away from tradition?

You sometimes see teams who play in stripes stray away from that. Southampton’s new kit, Sheffield Wednesday did too recently.

I wonder what the reaction would be like if we went for black and stripes, black and white halves, or just more black in general with a band across the midriff or black sleeves?

There’s only so much that can be done with a black and white shirt each year.

happy grumpy cat GIF

2 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

happy grumpy cat GIF

Not actually advocating it by the way! I’m just surprised we have strayed a little from the usual black with white trim for a while!

Although to be fair one of my favourite home kits of recent years was 2013/14 with the black band across the back.

Voted white, black and white. I loved the blue shorts. They were from my era, when I fell in love with the club (I did catch the end of the black shorts period as I went to my first game around 1966). On the very few occasions I get to a game I wear my blue and white scarf. However, I'm with @Mucker1884 on this one. Our colours now are black and white. Our traditional colours (with @loweman2's permission) are black and white. We should wear black and white, preferably with white socks.

I've gone white shirt blue shorts (red numbers a must with that combo), but if I was in the hot seat making the call for real I'd probably opt for white shirts and socks with black shorts... gold trim can do one though.