The Home Kit Colour Debate

Day

The Colour Debate  

254 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Got to be white shirt, black shorts and white socks, nothing else will doโ€ฆ

Certainly none of this black socks rubbish..

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Bizarre start to the thread. Only two people so far have got the answer correct.

How can anyone opt for Maxwell black over Clough navy blue?

You forgot Clough 1968/9 Div 2 Black & 1946 Cup Final Black & the best kit of all the Jim Smith Puma ensemble.

27 minutes ago, Dambuster said:

You forgot Clough 1968/9 Div 2 Black & 1946 Cup Final Black & the best kit of all the Jim Smith Puma ensemble.

If Jim's team had played in blue and white, we'd have beaten West Ham, qualified for Europe, doubled our income and had enough cash to maintain our top 6 status into the Premier League era.ย 

We didn't build on our post war success and gradually dropped into the 3rd Division North because we were carrying the albatross of black shorts.

Brian Clough quickly realised that his genius was being limited by those shorts and changed them. Suddenly we were the best in the country and only a bent ref away from being the best in Europe.ย 

Do we want Colin Todd, Archie Gemmil and Kevin Hector or Claude Davies, Bob Malcolm and Robert Earnshaw?

3 hours ago, Andrew1 said:

Got to be white shirt, black shorts and white socks, nothing else will doโ€ฆ

Certainly none of this black socks rubbish..

White socks look so elegant. Affects the play not at all I know but for the fan I see the white socks look glorious. Always. Please DC make it soย 

Star Trek Picard GIF

8 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

I see where you're coming from. Base the shirt onimage.thumb.png.0c6951e7f3afbb3fa2017cfeb8792f10.png St Piran's Flag.

ย 

7 hours ago, Kernow said:

Would make an excellent away shirt...

Hmmm.ย 
One size fits all?
Might need a sleeve or two! ย 

19 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Brian Clough quickly realised that his genius was being limited by those shorts and changed them. Suddenly we were the best in the country and only a bent ref away from being the best in Europe.ย 

One manโ€™s ego trip to make us look like the England team despite the fact we had 3 Scots and 2 Welshmen, the blue worked well at the Hillsborough semi final though didnโ€™t it.

Black socks white tops - tradition.

19 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Do we want Colin Todd, Archie Gemmil and Kevin Hector or Claude Davies, Bob Malcolm and Robert Earnshaw?

Of all the great players who have played in black and white why insult them by picking these three?

My grandson has one of those Snapchat thingies which can transform someoneโ€™s appearance.

After giggling away at us as pigs, cats and monsters, he hit the bald setting and I looked exactly the same.

Depressing. Heโ€™s grounded.

4 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

My grandson has one of those Snapchat thingies which can transform someoneโ€™s appearance.

After giggling away at us as pigs, cats and monsters, he hit the bald setting and I looked exactly the same.

Depressing. Heโ€™s grounded.

Bald is bold. Iโ€™ve shaven my head for getting on for 30 years now. If youโ€™re thinning go for it! Prince William look isnโ€™t the bestย 

13 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Bald is bold. Iโ€™ve shaven my head for getting on for 30 years now. If youโ€™re thinning go for it! Prince William look isnโ€™t the bestย 

Great if you have a nice pate.

I suspect I have a lumpy head under the meagre thatch ๐Ÿ˜ฉ