The Home Kit Colour Debate

Day

The Colour Debate  

254 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

Absolutely NO WAY !

DCFC = White, Black and Black socks always !!!!! 

You'll be wanting all white next 😡

When Saunders and Goddard wore the white socks they looked twice as awesome as in black socks. 
Disclaimer…… Always awesome 

4 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

Absolutely NO WAY !

DCFC = White, Black and Black socks always !!!!! 

You'll be wanting all white next 😡

We’ve barely had black socks since the late 60s.

My guess is 3 or 4 kits in the past 50 years have had black socks. I’d bet my house it’s no more than 5

7 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Apologies to @loweman2 who, of course, has published the definitive guide but this is a quick online reference:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Derby_County/Derby_County.htm

Blimey, as a kid I was given a pair of old woolly hopped black and white socks for football. A gift from grandfather who was part of the dcfc boot room team.

According to that picture they looked like the 1948-49 socks so were over 25 years old even then.

Blooming awful things to play in, especially when they got wet.

11 hours ago, Dambuster said:

IMG_8117.thumb.jpeg.d4752116b8b0c4d8525e6fab3b2b5b62.jpeg

The Kit Eranio is wearing had white socks. Obviously they were wearing black socks when that particular photo was taken (probably to avoid a clash).

I quite like us in black socks, but I voted white because that's what we've worn for the vast majority of the past 50 years (follow the link @IslandExile posted below to see how few black sock kits we've actually had)

4 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Blimey, as a kid I was given a pair of old woolly hopped black and white socks for football. A gift from grandfather who was part of the dcfc boot room team.

According to that picture they looked like the 1948-49 socks so were over 25 years old even then.

Blooming awful things to play in, especially when they got wet.